Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Love reacts to Kyrie's vision

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Kyrie made the shot, but giving Love the wide open look was a better precedent to set. When a player of Love's caliber is ignored due to selfishness, it can easily turn into a debacle.

Hit the open man, Kyrie...you're going to lose the team.

It's more than just "hit the open man". Last season, LeBron was a 37.9% 3pt shooter.

Love was 37.6%. Rounded they are both basically 38% shooters. It doesn't matter that he made the shot... but imagine if he did that on a play with a wide open LeBron looking to take a 3? What Kyrie did right there has the same effect on the team. That's real bad point guard play.

All great pointguards with few exceptions ultimately looked to pass first and feed their big man. Stockton and Malone, Amar'e and Nash, Magic and Kareem/the whole squad, Timmy/Parker. Unless you have a transcendant type player like an MJ or LeBron, feeding the big man is how point guards win championships.

Basketball is a big man's game and Kyrie isn't Kobe or Jordan, so he shouldn't play like them. Ultimately one of the most skilled players of all time, Iverson, never won one, despite being a one in a generation level player. Basically, if Kyrie wants to win and be great, he'll realize he's 3rd on the totem pole.

6'8" LeBron and 6'10" Love are by far the best combo of bigs (Bron not being a true big, but can play at the 4, Love can play 5) of any team in the league. No team has two guys as athletic, good at shooting 3s, good at passing, and good at rebounding (mostly Love) combo as them two. It's a coaches wet dream. The way to win is playing inside out. Or they'll play Bron/Love/Varejao with everyone playing their true positions,

Let's not get it twisted: the Cavs success depends on the performance of LeBron + Love. Kyrie is not the focal point whatsoever. John Wall doesn't have teammates nearly as good as either of them, but he still looks to pass first everytime. Kyrie needs to be that if he wants to be great right now.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 10-23-2014 at 02:44 PM.

High School Starter

Trade Kyrie Irving he's a scoring guard imposing as a point guard.
    You just need one ball dominant player on a team...either LEBRON or KYRIE and we all know which one it is.

KYRIE would thrive...wait a minute he won't he is not ATHLETIC ENOUGH to be a first option anywhere. Kyrie Irving is like a crappy version of Derek Rose who cannot play defense. Only thing he has on D Rose are fancy handles (which kyrie needs cause he ain't that athletic).

Kyrie has 0 effect on Defense..he's like a pylon that shoots out confetti everytime someone drives passes him

rank sentamentalist

a crappy rose knockoff is still good for top ten pg in the league and i'd say top ten shotmaker in the league too. why the fk would kyrie irving need the ball in his hands to be effective? he's got range and craft at finishing. get the guy in a system with lots of motion and watch him play with the defense. alternatively he knocks down open set shots. doesn't matter because the end result is the ball through the bottom of the hoop.

Very good NBA starter

Ok one pass that Kyrie missed and people calling for him to be traded?

This ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ga has been playing with trash for 3 years now where it was a better decision to shoot than pass. Hes gonna need some time to adjust to his new teammates

You guys need to chill. That wasn't a bad shot at all, and you see plays like this every game. It just stands out because of Love's reaction

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

this teams going to bust ..... lebron plays better when he has the ball most of the time. kyrie's too greedy for lebron.... and is more of scorer then a floor general and loves just going to get thrown into the bosh position. add that to poor defense and it equals bust!!! this team needs to gel properly in order to win the chip.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    You guys need to chill. That wasn't a bad shot at all, and you see plays like this every game. It just stands out because of Love's reaction

this. Also the times of pass-first PGs are long gone so I don't understand all the fuss.

Golden State Aster*sks

lol it's happening.

Kyrie is the scapegoat and will be traded next season once the Cavs fail to win a ring.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    Quite blasphemous play to say the least.

Lebron is option 1 and playmaker
    Love is the OBVIOUS option #2 and a better playmaker than kyrie

I really dont know what the role of kyrie is on this team? To add some AND1 flavor to their style? He can break down his man..but i'd rather have lebron drive. He spends more effort playing "fake" defense than defense. I'd rather have lebron or Love shoot than Kyrie. Kyrie isn't gonna play in the post.

Basically, kyrie doesn't have much of a purpose on this team if he can't pass. You want the ball in lebron's hands most of the time anyway, or kevin love who can pass and has high bball iq.

I dont think kyrie is tradeable...so lets hope for a career ending injury.
    Dat Twist doe

Banned

its only preseason doe

when Kyrie is in the zone, Cavs will blow teams out of the water. but when he's not, goddamn, Blatt better bench him.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    Quite blasphemous play to say the least.

Lebron is option 1 and playmaker
    Love is the OBVIOUS option #2 and a better playmaker than kyrie

I really dont know what the role of kyrie is on this team? To add some AND1 flavor to their style? He can break down his man..but i'd rather have lebron drive. He spends more effort playing "fake" defense than defense. I'd rather have lebron or Love shoot than Kyrie. Kyrie isn't gonna play in the post.

Basically, kyrie doesn't have much of a purpose on this team if he can't pass. You want the ball in lebron's hands most of the time anyway, or kevin love who can pass and has high bball iq.

I dont think kyrie is tradeable...so lets hope for a career ending injury.
    Mods?? I'm surprised y'all aren't all over this one considering he's saying this about your boy's teammate.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Bu..bu..but Kyrie doesn't pass because he doesn't have talent around him. Oh wait...

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Love put up 30 on 12 shot when playing with Dion and Kyrie was hurt

Kyrie was butt hurt Rose was dusting his ass, so he went into And 1 mode. Very typical of this guy.

Irving will be traded if this team implodes

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Bu..bu..but Kyrie doesn't pass because he doesn't have talent around him. Oh wait...
    he can't play defence should be more concern