Quote Originally Posted by shoops
How is what I posted earlier showing that I'm obsessed with Lin being the starter? Come on, seriously now... I like the idea of him as a starter, sure, but I don't see a problem if he were to be the sixth man either if it actually worked out better. I just think they lose out a nice dynamic of having Howard finish using Lin's passes if they relegate him to the bench so quickly, they lose out on an extra offensive threat. As for defense? The biggest difference makers by far on the court in terms of defense, are Howard and Asik at the 5 spot; both contain most of the guard penetration, and Lin, while not an active defender like Beverley, does a pretty good job funneling the opposition right to them. It's mainly the smaller and quicker PGs that give him a tougher time. Yes, I agree that it might be hard for Howard to hide both Harden and D-Mo's defensive holes. Anyways, we could argue a lot about the hypotheticals but hey, only time will tell right?
Lin fans in general, you should have seen how crazy upset some of Lin's fan were on Clutchfans.

I couldn't care less about Lin or any individual in particular for the Rockets, I want to see the team play some great ball and see them win. The starting 5 doesn't need yet another offensive threat, they have Harden, Parsons and Howard. Motiejunas is also an offensive minded PF so having Lin out there wouldn't make any sense.

Lin playing for the 2nd unit would make damn much sense, he can be the leader and take charge of the plays. And it's not like the 2nd unit is any bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
It'd be nice if Howard turned in to Olajuwon, but let's face it, he hasn't shown that much reliability posting up. Having him for defense and his ability to finish are already huge, nobody is really expecting him to be a serious post-up threat so far.
Olajuwon is a top 10 player of all-time, Howard will never be anywhere close. He's working out with McHale and Olajuwon and hopefully he'll get something out of it.

We'll see how it goes though, this will be a nice season!