Default Which NBA player gives the best interviews?

I think it's Kobe, from 2008 on. Just embraced being a d*ck.

Lebron gives PC answers for the most part but lately he's given some interesting sound bytes.

I'd say Westbrook, but he's just a douche.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Which NBA player gives the best interviews?

Westbrook

Well anyone who doesn't say something about being aggressive and doing my job.

rank sentamentalist

i can kiiiind of see why people find interviews with players interesting. no wait, i can't. these guys are paid to play for a living, not paid to describe wtf they're doing. most of the time they're just stumbling through hoping not to make a fool of themselves, especially the national television stuff where millions of people are watching. then everything they say gets perversely dissected and read into crazy stories about alpha/betta selfish/unselfish winner/loser strong/weak and rankings with criteria xy but z if and only if w. it's insane. an alien watching this would be scratching his head.

but i'll just say jj reddick who did an hour with zach lowe that was a good listen

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i can kiiiind of see why people find interviews with players interesting. no wait, i can't. these guys are paid to play for a living, not paid to describe wtf they're doing. most of the time they're just stumbling through hoping not to make a fool of themselves, especially the national television stuff where millions of people are watching. then everything they say gets perversely dissected and read into crazy stories about alpha/betta selfish/unselfish winner/loser strong/weak and rankings with criteria xy but z if and only if w. it's insane. an alien watching this would be scratching his head.

but i'll just say jj reddick who did an hour with zach lowe that was a good listen
    some players actually give thoughtful responses and have interesting anecdotes but your right majority of player interviews are scripted bs.

Kenyon Martin

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    some players actually give thoughtful responses and have interesting anecdotes but your right majority of player interviews are scripted bs.
    plenty do. the point is even they probably don't find it a very valuable part of their day. but when espn markets a superstar, it knows what it's doing. people pay a lot of attention to post game soundbites that are beyond irrelevant. interview the coach, that's the guy steering the ship who has something interesting to say. watch a movie if you want to hear people talk about what basketball is really 'about'. its a sport, not a melodrama.

NBA rookie of the year

Kristaps Porzingis

Kobe.