Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default How Would "Pistol" Pete Maravich Do Today?

Averaged 25/5.5/4.5 in his first seven years with peak averages of 31/5.5/5 all without a three point line and lord knows he had 3 point range. Check out this 68 point game vs. the Knicks in 77 . Could have been 70+ with a 3 point line, and the impressive thing is he did it against Walt Frazier & Earl the Pearl.

I think Pistol would be a beast running the break with the Gerald Green's and Zach Lavine's of the world and bombing the three ball. He had a fantastic playmaking ability in the open court and today's game would treat him a lot better than his time.

Who knows if he could buy in to a team game and lead a team deep in the playoffs but just imagine the highlights and the boxscores. I could see him putting up 32/7/5 if a team was built around him.

EDIT: Edited my original stat projections since some people like to only read the first post of an entire topic.
    Last edited by MP.Trey; 02-19-2015 at 07:07 AM.

Banned

Default Re: How Would "Pistol" Pete Maravich Do Today?

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Averaged 25/5.5/4.5 in his first seven years with peak averages of 31/5.5/5 all without a three point line and lord knows he had 3 point range. Check out this 68 point game vs. the Knicks in 77 . Could have been 70+ with a 3 point line, and the impressive thing is he did it against Walt Frazier & Earl the Pearl.

I think Pistol would be a beast running the break with the Gerald Green's and Zach Lavine's of the world and bombing the three ball. He had a fantastic playmaking ability in the open court and today's game would treat him a lot better than his time.

Who knows if he could buy in to a team game and lead a team deep in the playoffs but just imagine the highlights and the boxscores. I could see him putting up 35/7/5 if a team was built around him.
    why do people say this shit? didn't put up that in a weak ass era. so you think he'll be the best player in the league now and score 8 more points per game than the leading scorer? this is why people don't take the ****ing senior citizens on this forum seriously.

Dunking on everybody in the park

He would be very good no doubt about it

But of course someone is gonna come in here and say he would be terrible like usual ish
    Sad thing is they think they are right

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    why do people say this shit? didn't put up that in a weak ass era. so you think he'll be the best player in the league now and score 8 more points per game than the leading scorer? this is why people don't take the ****ing senior citizens on this forum seriously.
    35 might be stretching it but you add a 3 point line then Pistol would average a decent amount of more points than he had. He'd probably get a little more FTA's too with the treatment the stars get nowadays. Add better athletes and finishers and bang, more assists. It's not far fetched at all to believe but you're set in your mind frame that every era other than this one is garbage and I can't see anyone changing that.

Who knows if he could buy in to a team game and lead a team deep in the playoffs but just imagine the highlights and the boxscores. I could see him putting up 35/7/5 if a team was built around him.
    i think he does better today because of the spacing oriented game that fits his style perfectly. But 35 ppg is wayyy too much, he doesn't have the crazy athleticism to handle double and triple teams like a lebron/kobe/wade/jordan and if anybody scores that much they'd be seeing alot of double teams. You also have to adjust for pace.

Banned

35 might be stretching it but you add a 3 point line then Pistol would average a decent amount of more points than he had. He'd probably get a little more FTA's too with the treatment the stars get nowadays. Add better athletes and finishers and bang, more assists. It's not far fetched at all to believe but you're set in your mind frame that every era other than this one is garbage and I can't see anyone changing that.
    Your right!
    White boy > Lebron
    It's time to grow the **** up and realize that the era Pete, Wilt and all those other nobody f*cks played in was weak as shit. The 50's and 60's shouldn't even be considered as a legitimate time in basketball and records made back then shouldn't be counted.

A Cancer. How can you overrate a guy who never led his team deeper into the playoffs? He's not even worthy to be called as a top 50 greatest player.

Dominique Wilkins had a better career than him. Keep watching his "amazing highlights" on youtube.

He's a Muddafacking career loser.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 02-18-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Your right!
    White boy > Lebron
    It's time to grow the **** up and realize that the era Pete, Wilt and all those other nobody f*cks played in was weak as shit. The 50's and 60's shouldn't even be considered as a legitimate time in basketball and records made back then shouldn't be counted.
    That white boy or Asian is a huge LeBron Hater. Thank you for schooling him Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    i think he does better today because of the spacing oriented game that fits his style perfectly. But 35 ppg is wayyy too much, he doesn't have the crazy athleticism to handle double and triple teams like a lebron/kobe/wade/jordan and if anybody scores that much they'd be seeing alot of double teams. You also have to adjust for pace.
    Yeah I got carried away a little bit but I think 32 or so is reasonable if he was the go-to guy on a bad to decent team. Definitely over 30.

Yeah I got carried away a little bit but I think 32 or so is reasonable if he was the go-to guy on a bad to decent team. Definitely over 30.

Your right!
    White boy > Lebron
    Good thing Maravich played in the 70's then. If you're gonna spew out biased drivel, at least be somewhat informed about it.

One of the few players in that era who could hang, if not excel, with the guys today. It's a shame his career was cut short.

Also, I can't say that I'm surprised that the 12 year old lebron dickriders are completely clueless as always

Good thing Maravich played in the 70's then. If you're gonna spew out biased drivel, at least be somewhat informed about it.
    And he failed to led his team multiple times into the playoffs.

Gilbert Arenas avg 30 points a few years ago ...

Banned

I've already embarrassed you and your shitty thread.