Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Karl Malone got a 12 year old pregnant, no one cares?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    a girl that is physcially mature enough to have a baby isnt matured enough to be having sex? god must be wrong.
    Nothing to do with my post. It is still illegal. He got off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Ask your pillow's father

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    they could have but what exactly would they get from malone? he was still a broke college student.
    The settlement was reached in 1986. Malone was in the NBA in 1986.
    plus it was consent and the government doesnt dictate moral and ethics.
    Frankly, you sound like a potential pedophile trying to justify the act. Whether you are or not, I can't be sure, but that's how you sound. Addressing your actual "point," we do have government-established laws regarding how old is old enough for a person to legally give consent to having sex. Some states are 18, some are 17, lowest is 16. This is just reality. Here's a link on that for the curious.

I'm not going to bother getting into long a moral debate with a potential pedophile so all I'll say about the moral aspect is that some people are going to be mentally prepared at a younger age than others, it's not a uniform thing where all of a sudden the age of 18 grants you wisdom, but there should be some general law to protect the young from people like, well, you. If you can't maintain a relationship with a person old enough to vote you should probably think about what that says about you. I wouldn't want to be taking dates to Chuck E Cheese anyway.

Ignoring this law is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    I hope you have a daughter some day
    You want this guy to procreate? I don't.

Banned

Wasn't she at a college party?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

It's statutory rape. IT. IS. ILLEGAL.
    The girl obviously didnt care. neither did the parents. Nor did the state which could have iniated the charges as well.

Speaking of, California is notorious for doing this even against protests of the parents and the girl involved.

I'm not condoning by btw, but I do think the situation worked out well for all, and thats what matters most imo.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Lotta schit went on back in the day.
    I bet y'all ain't heard about Spencer Haywood killing that fan after some game.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Absorb this information.. Malone was a 20-year old college sophomore when Gloria Bell, at age 13, gave birth to Demetress, a biological son he never raised. I don't even care that he never bothered to raise the kid tho.. I'm more confused as to how no legal repercussions ever came about for him getting a 12 year old pregnant?

I don't like Malone. And he should have gone to jail. Having said that, how about her parents... Instead of going "WTF have you done with our daughter?" their eyes sees $$$ and go "Hell yeahs we gonna get paid if he goes pro!". Ah, the land of opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    The girl obviously didnt care. neither did the parents. Nor did the state which could have iniated the charges as well.
    You can't know that they "didn't care." The quote I got off Bell's wiki page: [QUOTE=Demetress Bell Wiki]Karl Malone has never offered public confirmation that he is the father of Demetress Bell. However, laboratory blood tests prepared for the Bell family's 1986 paternity lawsuit against Malone reportedly pointed to an over 99 percent probability that Bell's father was either Malone or a brother of Malone. Malone initially refused to respond to the lawsuit, but eventually reached an out-of-court settlement with the Bell family over the issue. The Bells received a single lump sum payment of a confidential amount, with no on-going child support for Demetress. In speaking later about the settlement, Malone's attorney asserted that it had not included an official court determination of paternity, and noted that Malone "had a lot of brothers".[2]

Although Malone was 20 years old at the time that the 13-year old Gloria Bell was impregnated, she said that her family chose not to pursue criminal charges against Malone over the relationship. According to Bell, with Malone being a neighbor

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You can't know that they "didn't care." The quote I got off Bell's wiki page: The source for that is a 1998 article in the Salt Lake Tribune. And it sounds to me like they took a practical approach to dealing with a situation that could have been pretty nasty. That doesn't mean they didn't care, they just figured it would be better for everyone to let him be free, make money and send them what they would need to raise Bell.
    When I say dont care, i meant didnt care he committed a crime.

they clearly looked at how this could do everyone well in the long run, especially the child and mother, which the rest of my post alludes to.

Even the state didnt do anything, to which they could have.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Me years ago:

He has at least 3 kids none of them he would accept right away. The first 2 he violated a court order for a DNA test on and only after that did he acknowledge they were his. He didnt accept them into his life till years later

His other kid is now in the NFL....and he didnt meet him till he was 18. He knew about him too. He met the kid and according to him one of the first things he told him was "Its too late to be your father" and told him he wouldnt be giving him any money. Thats whats onhis mind after not seeing his child for 18 years.

He helped push Magic out of the NBA when his comeback was going great. magic actually played the 93 preseason. Karl and others helped force him out

He was voted the dirtiest player in the NBA by both players and fans(last vote he got 32% of the vote....only one other player had as many as half his votes). Dude just breaks the face of a guy 100 pounds and 8 inches smaller than him over percieved disrespect of Stockton when Isiah gave him like 40 over him getting picked for the dream team and not Isiah. Nique flat out called him a cheap shot artist out to hurt people smaller than him.

And on top of it...the mother of the 3rd kid he went deadbeat on....was 11 or 12 when they were together. When he was 20 or 21.

And that isnt bad enough...

He lost in the playoffs 19 years in a row, choked under pressure at the Ft line and in active play, and somehow...

Got called classy the whole way.

Karl Malone is an example of so much wrong with the sports world. A dirty player, deadbeat dad, child molester who only gets praise due to sports...and he failed to win at that. 19 times.

Too many athletes are assholes and dont get called on it due to their greatness. Karl set a new standards(at least for things we know).

I wont watch him praised without saying what I think is beyond all argument...

Hes a chold molesting, deadbeat, bully, choker.

And if you need to praise him in spite of it over getting 14 thousand layups from John Stockton so be it.

But he did enough shit that it justifies mentioning every time he comes up.

And people acted like I was out of line.....

Karl Malone having a positive reputation and being called a class act really is a joke.

But don't mention it....we cant disrespect a college junior who dated a 12 year old(It wasn't a one time thing....they were involved).

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski
    I don't like Malone. And he should have gone to jail. Having said that, how about her parents... Instead of going "WTF have you done with our daughter?" their eyes sees $$$ and go "Hell yeahs we gonna get paid if he goes pro!". Ah, the land of opportunity...
    I really don't fault them. Raising a kid is expensive. Bell was going to be another mouth to feed and clothe and especially if their family was poor that was going to be hard. Maybe if it's a brutal rape they get more vengeful but in this case the only thing keeping me from saying they absolutely made the right decision is that I don't know what they settled for. because the way child support law works combined with the fact they could have him locked up and sue for damages they could have had him for millions.

This has been brought up on here... Yeah, Karl is a piece of shit... Didn't raise his kid either.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    This has been brought up on here... Yeah, Karl is a piece of shit... Didn't raise his kid either.
    He would have needed to raise two kids... the 13 year old mother and her/Malone's son.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

"...and noted that Malone "had a lot of brothers".."
    lol.. nice one.

The source for that is a 1998 article in the Salt Lake Tribune. And it sounds to me like they took a practical approach to dealing with a situation that could have been pretty nasty. That doesn't mean they didn't care, they just figured it would be better for everyone to let him be free, make money and send them what they would need to raise Bell.
    Maybe it was for the best then, and I retract from my previous post. Situations like that with pressure on the parents to not press charges, probably very common in smaller communities, makes me irate.