Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thibs gonna Thibs

Had a quick glance over some minutes played, noticed most teams are running 12-15 deep, around 20mins played max for any player..

TheBulls are only playing 10, and the minimum is about 20 mins per
    Looks like Gasol played almost 30!

Good work Thibs, get that #1 seed and have half a team by the first round

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Thibs gonna Thibs

Most overrated coach in the league

Local High School Star

Someone should tell Thibs preseason wins don't count for the 82 game total record.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

starting to understand why Rose didn't want to comeback

Thibs running a plantation out there

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Tuned in late with 20secs left in game to see Bulls starters on the damn floor trying win a preseason game...WTF.

College superstar

I certainly disagree with heavy mins in meaningless games during the regular season.

But now, with Rose just coming back, in meaningless games that are mostly without hard fouls and the like? Let everyone get used to playing with Derrick again. No harm, no foul. If they can't handle the minutes, they shouldn't be in the league. Injury risk is minimized with the less intense play.

Come the second half of the regular season, though, as the Bulls are clearly coming away with a top two finish... rest your dudes.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Hey. Why not get some burn with the players that are going to play in these high pressure situations??

People who are making fun of Thibs know would love to have him as their HC for their team.

Only SAS and LAC fans can disagree with that.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Hey. Why not get some burn with the players that are going to play in these high pressure situations??

People who are making fun of Thibs know would love to have him as their HC for their team.

Only SAS and LAC fans can disagree with that.
    As a cavs fan I've watched enough Mike Brown over the years to not want thibbs coaching a team im cheering for. Improvise adapt overcome, not be stubborn and keep making the same mistakes.

Thibs blows away any coach for the Bulls after Phil Jackson left and has again developed a culture of winning...I am f*cking happy. He's an amazing coach, I love his attitude. It's old school and all about winning. The Bulls honestly didn't have many active players tonight. Only 13 players on the active roster.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gato Negro
    As a cavs fan I've watched enough Mike Brown over the years to not want thibbs coaching a team im cheering for. Improvise adapt overcome, not be stubborn and keep making the same mistakes.

Difference is Thibs can win with anybody and doesn't succumb to the players like Brown did. He did anything LeBron or Kobe said.

Thibs ain't that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Thibs blows away any coach for the Bulls after Phil Jackson left and has again developed a culture of winning...I am f*cking happy. He's an amazing coach, I love his attitude. It's old school and all about winning. The Bulls honestly didn't have many active players tonight. Only 13 players on the active roster.

Repped.

Thank you bro. Some people just don't know what its like from a Bulls fan perspective. You don't see many of us complaining or making fun of Thibs. Probably cuz we like watching our team be competitive year in and year out.

Why so defensive??

I never said he's a bad coach, he's just horrible at monitoring players minutes.
    If competitive is regular season heroes, and a burnt out D League squad for the second round and that's enjoyable for bulls fans then I'm happy for you guys

Thibs would be smart to watch paus minutes but, seeing as he has a lot of mileage on him and a bit of an injury history.. Coming from a pau fan

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Why so defensive??

I never said he's a bad coach, he's just horrible at monitoring players minutes.
    If competitive is regular season heroes, and a burnt out D League squad for the second round and that's enjoyable for bulls fans then I'm happy for you guys

Thibs would be smart to watch paus minutes but, seeing as he has a lot of mileage on him and a bit of an injury history.. Coming from a pau fan
    D league squad?? Come on now. Rose gets hurt two years in a row. No one saw that coming. And Deng's spinal tap?? Has any athlete in North American sports ever suffered that injury?? Those are rare instances.

Even so. Since Thibs arrived in 2010, we've been at minimum a top 5 seed every year. No one except Miami and San Antonio can say that.

A lot of great coaches have very tight 7-8 man rotations.
    Phil have played Shaq, Pau, Kobe very heavy minutes before. I'm not saying I agree with this principle but it seems like they know what they were doing.
    But yes, as a Bulls fan, I am concerned with not just burning out the main players but also not developing the bench.
    Pops have done a great job developing his bench, entrusting them, helping them gain confidence while keeping his core fresh....

I think Thibs is a great coach, top 3 in the league for sure. But it's hard to deny that he ought to rest his guys a bit more to prevent them from getting run down.

Pop is a master at this, which is a big part of the reason why guys like Patty Mills can make an impact in the playoffs, (because they got a lot of run in the season and are integrated into the offense) and also why the old guys are so fresh for games in May and June.