Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sorry but flashy dunks, awkward jumper & forced post moves does not make you top 5

The man he's not even the best at his position

Offensively, Love, Aldridge and Z-Bo are better. Defensively he's not a master. We all know Love has to improve there but lets not act as if Griffin is a genius in that department. He has the benefit of the doubt, cause deandre is there to erase his mistakes.

So no, Griffin is not top 5 and he's not better than Love.

Default Re: Sorry but flashy dunks, awkward jumper & forced post moves does not make you top 5

What is everyone's obsession with post moves being pretty? Lebron and BG are 2 of the 5 most efficient t post players in the league and they get hated on for that aspect of their game.

Give me effective over pretty 10/10 times.

Tell me please how LMA is better than BG? Better at shooting long 2's, that's it.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-14-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Default Re: Sorry but flashy dunks, awkward jumper & forced post moves does not make you top 5

Im not sure why people are always so concerned with aesthetics and means rather than results. If Blake Griffin is out here beasting with an awkward jumper, awkward post moves, and flashy dunks then he is performing. It doesnt matter what you prefer.

Blake was third in MVP voting last year, let's not pretend like the idea he is top 5 is outrageous now.
    Last edited by navy; 10-15-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Even with all those shortcomings he's still scoring more with better efficiency than Aldridge and Zbo.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Im not sure why people are always so concerned with aesthetics and means rather than results. If Blake Griffin is out here beasting with and awkward jumper, post moves, and flashy dunks then he is performing. It doesnt matter what you prefer.

Blake was third in MVP voting last year, let's not pretend like the idea he is top 5 is outrageous now.
    Love's stats and game last year > Blake's
    Blake's team record > Love's

Who plays with another top 5 player? Blake
    Who plays with dpoy? Blake
    Who plays with 6th man of the year? Blake again
    Better organization? Clippers
    Better PG? Paul not Rubio

Doc > Adelman

Now with coach Blatt using Love properly, he will be even more scary than ever. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    What is everyone's obsession with post moves being pretty? Lebron and BG are 2 of the 5 most efficient t post players in the league and they get hated on for that aspect of their game.

Give me effective over pretty 10/10 times.

Tell me please how LMA is better than BG? Better at shooting long 2's, that's it.
    Tell me please how BG is better than both Love and LMA?

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

Those guys may have better games aesthetically apart from dunks but Blake Griffin probably has the best body control and contortion out of all those guys which helps him a lot in the post. Plus he goes in harder and has more strength then those guys. Too bad his flopping often makes him look like a soft bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    Love's stats and game last year > Blake's
    Blake's team record > Love's

Who plays with another top 5 player? Blake
    Who plays with dpoy? Blake
    Who plays with 6th man of the year? Blake again
    Better organization? Clippers
    Better PG? Paul not Rubio

Doc > Adelman

Now with coach Blatt using Love properly, he will be even more scary than ever. Wait and see.
    Love's stats are the direct result of being the number 1 on a shitty team.

He wont touch Blake this year statistically.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Tell me please how BG is better than both Love and LMA?
    Blake v. LMA:
    Blake is a better finisher, rebounder, passer, and ball handler. He's more athletic and gets to the rim constantly. He's also a better PnR roll man. He's better in transition as well.

LMA is good at long 2's and running pick and pops.

I think Love is as good as BG. Too different and hard to compare. I like them both a lot. I'd take Love on my team if I had the choice.

LMA shoots lots of pretty fadeaways and people mistake that for being good. He's tall and shoots a nice jumper. Other than that he's not special. Maybe if he evolves into a good 3 point shooter, or starts getting to the rim out of his post-ups. I would not want LMA on my team. I'd rather have a decent number of other bigs over him honestly.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 10-15-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Love's stats are the direct result of being the number 1 on a shitty team.

He wont touch Blake this year statistically.
    Blatt's offense is designed for a player like Love. He will still grab his rebounds (cause he's an elite rebounder and he will average more assists than last year. (He's an amazing and willing passer). So he will average more rebs and assists than BG . Now points,i hear people saying, he will be 2 or option 3 on offense, because of Bron, Kyrie but they dont know anything about Blatt's system. BBALLBREAKDOWN should help you understand. Or maybe pay attention to preseason games.

Blatt's offense is designed for a player like Love. He will still grab his rebounds (cause he's an elite rebounder and he will average more assists than last year. (He's an amazing and willing passer). So he will average more rebs and assists than BG . Now points,i hear people saying, he will be 2 or option 3 on offense, because of Bron, Kyrie but they dont know anything about Blatt's system. BBALLBREAKDOWN should help you understand. Or maybe pay attention to preseason games.
    He will be competing with Thompson, Varejao, and Lebron all elite to good rebounders. He will see a decline there. He wont average more than 5 assist most likely. Blatt's system has yet to be seen in the nba. Push comes to shove the cavs could run 5 out with Lebron and Kyrie being the ball handlers and Love read for the kickout. Im sure we will see it alot, with talent of Kyrie and Lebron's level and Love's three point shooting.

He the second best player on the team, but the third or maybe even fourth best offensive creator. His points will go down. And yes, I watch bballbreakdown.

That doesnt mean he is somehow a worse player though. I just dont think he is better than Blake.

Preseason, where Blake dropped 31 in 3 quarters.
    Last edited by navy; 10-15-2014 at 12:29 AM.

blake's game was really funny last year. it's slightly less funny now since his jumper is more smooth.

still has really awkward forced post moves.

what's the not top 5 thing? surely you don't mean not a top 5 PF. top 5 player is arguable, he's in the conversation.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Don't get it twisted Blake's a beast. Have to see Love defensively with actual help on that side of the ball (Pekovic is a crap help defender while Deandre is a glorious unicorn of paint protection) and how he performs on a team with a target on its back before I can make my decision between the 2, but for right now I have to go with Blake after his playoff performance last season.

BG, to me, is the best pf in the league unless you consider Lebron one.

The man he's not even the best at his position

Offensively, Love, Aldridge and Z-Bo are better. Defensively he's not a master. We all know Love has to improve there but lets not act as if Griffin is a genius in that department. He has the benefit of the doubt, cause deandre is there to erase his mistakes.

So no, Griffin is not top 5 and he's not better than Love.