Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Compilation of Kobe Bryant stories!

This man is amazing. He inspired me to work out harder myself some years ago now after I read some of the stuff he did. Now I work out at early mornings and late nights, push myself to work a couple hours more to get the most out of myself.

People need to realize that Kobe, as an athlete, was nowhere near MJ or Lebron. The only way he got to top 10 all-time status was by working on his moves day and night, being the first guy in practice and the last guy to leave. While you're sleeping in your bed or commenting mean things about Kobe on ISH, he's out there somewhere, working his ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    This man is amazing. He inspired me to work out harder myself some years ago now after I read some of the stuff he did. Now I work out at early mornings and late nights, push myself to work a couple hours more to get the most out of myself.

People need to realize that Kobe, as an athlete, was nowhere near MJ or Lebron. The only way he got to top 10 all-time status was by working on his moves day and night, being the first guy in practice and the last guy to leave. While you're sleeping in your bed or commenting mean things about Kobe on ISH, he's out there somewhere, working his ass off.
    Not to take anything away from everything else you said, but oh yes he was.... he sure damn was, Kobe is arguably the 2nd most athletic SG i ever seen.... im not sure if you have seen enough of 96-03 Kobe, he was running & leaping around like a gazelle.... sure MJ athletic peak was higher but Kobe sure was close i would say...

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not to take anything away from everything else you said, but oh yes he was.... he sure damn was, Kobe is arguably the 2nd most athletic SG i ever seen.... im not sure if you have seen enough of 96-03 Kobe, he was running & leaping around like a gazelle.... sure MJ athletic peak was higher but Kobe sure was close i would say...
    very true

I rule the local playground

Not much more any fan can ask of a player on their favorite team. Total dedication to the game and working his ass off to get better.

great stories ..

College superstar

96? No. Not even 97. Or 98. 99-2003 maybe.

Banned

Kobe wasn't nearly as close. Kobe compared to your average NBA athlete is super athletic, but MJ and Lebron are on another level. I've seen enough of 96-03 Kobe to make that statement.

Let's just put it this way - Kobe's way more athletic than your average NBA player, but he's not on the same tier as Lebron, MJ, Wilt.

Banned

Link:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...untold-stories

[QUOTE]It's April 2001, and Bryant is granting a child's wish through the Make-A-Wish Foundation. This is hardly the first time. There will be perhaps 200 sick kids he meets overall, but this is Darius' night. Darius is 11, loves basketball, wears huge glasses and is very small for his age.

He asks Bryant all his prepared questions in a small, private room at Staples Center

Banned

Link:

[QUOTE]Chris Douglas-Roberts of the Charlotte Bobcats has lost a 2014 first-round playoff game to the Miami Heat. Douglas-Roberts has played a lot and played well in the losing effort. It's one of the high points in his individual career.

The guy spent pretty much all of '13 without a job, but he latched on in Charlotte after a series of injuries to others. He seized the opportunity and helped the Bobcats finish the regular season 20-9, becoming one of the team's go-to guys at crunch time.

Less than two years before, Douglas-Roberts was briefly a Laker, trying and failing to make the team at training camp in '12. More than gaining a roster spot, the experience meant mostly bonding with Bryant, Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol.

But Douglas-Roberts made an impression on Lakers assistant coach Steve Clifford, who went on to be the head coach in Charlotte. He also caught the attention of his temporary teammate Bryant, who appreciated Douglas-Roberts' tenacity and determination to improve

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe wasn't nearly as close. Kobe compared to your average NBA athlete is super athletic, but MJ and Lebron are on another level. I've seen enough of 96-03 Kobe to make that statement.

Let's just put it this way - Kobe's way more athletic than your average NBA player, but he's not on the same tier as Lebron, MJ, Wilt.

I mean there are plenty of players who's athleticism is on par with LeBron's, maybe not at his size, but in the same tier of athleticism. Nate Robinson, Gerald Green, Eric Bledsoe, Blake Griffin, etc.

Banned

Link:

[QUOTE]Although Bryant basically hasn't seen a need to read books anymore after high school, he has surprised a group of fifth-graders by showing up at a 2003 community event that rewarded the kids for reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets with a private screening of the movie by the same name.

No one asks if he's read it and deserves to stay and watch with them.

As he has always loved the special challenges of superhero stories, Bryant loves the Harry Potter movies

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    Loved the part about Thanksgiving. And they say Kobe's not a good teammate.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Kobe's work ethic dwarfs that of 99% of the NBA.

His work ethic, at his size, which isn't a dominant size, is what made him a top 5 player of all time.