Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #16
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Goodbye Isiah Thomas!!!

I'm the last guy to want to defend Isiah Thomas, but....

Why would you fire him now? The season JUST STARTED.

Isiah spent 3 years collecting these players and making all these moves. So let's see what he can do with one full season as head coach without any more excuses. Then at the end of the season, you could fire him and start fresh.

If they fire him now, they basically give up on the season. Let Isiah dig his own grave by forcing him to finish this season out.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I'm the last guy to want to defend Isiah Thomas, but....

Why would you fire him now? The season JUST STARTED.

Isiah spent 3 years collecting these players and making all these moves. So let's see what he can do with one full season as head coach without any more excuses. Then at the end of the season, you could fire him and start fresh.

If they fire him now, they basically give up on the season. Let Isiah dig his own grave by forcing him to finish this season out.

I did not know Dolan posted in ISH... :

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:24 PM   #18
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I did not know Dolan posted in ISH... :

LOL good one

Am I the old man Dolan or the middle aged Dolan?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:27 PM   #19
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
LOL good one

Am I the old man Dolan or the middle aged Dolan?

Ha, I was just kidding... I guess my thought was that Dolan is as much part of the problem as Isiah IMO... I am not sure he knows what he is doing either. The NBA needs the Knicks to be a strong team... its good for the league.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #20
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Ha, I was just kidding... I guess my thought was that Dolan is as much part of the problem as Isiah IMO... I am not sure he knows what he is doing either. The NBA needs the Knicks to be a strong team... its good for the league.

With the mess that is the Knicks, you know who benefits the most from this?

Patrick Ewing.

All those years Ewing carried the Knicks deep into the playoffs, BY HIMSELF, basically, he was always unappreciated. Knicks fans were ridicuolously harsh on him.

NOW, that the Knicks are so horrendous, Ewing is treated like a god whenever he gets to the Garden. They put his picture on the big screen and he gets a standing O.

I miss the great Knicks playoff runs, and those great Knicks-Pacers, Knicks-Heat, and Knicks-Bulls rivalrys. They don't make rivalries like those anymore. Man, how far we've fallen....
Old 11-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #21
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
that's the thing, he hasn't done anything in the past few years to make this team any better.
the 2003 team that he inherited was one of the worst teams ever.

That fact that we have a team to be excited about is amazing.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #22
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
that's the thing, he hasn't done anything in the past few years to make this team any better.

Yeah, he just made a lot of changes that went nowhere... and people in New York get easily suckered into thinking he was doing something. New York likes changes, they demand changes happen... Isiah gave them what they wanted, but it didn't improve anything, SUCKERS!
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #23
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Could Isiah's job be in trouble?

Somebody made this point in the NY media the other day, and while I don't agree 100%, it does make some sense.

The Knicks are appealing the sexual harrassment case, and there is a chance that firing Isiah now would be viewed as not backing him up. In which case their appeal is weakened. There is a sense that once the appeal is decided, then Isiah's future comes into question.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: