Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Cavs have 25 natioanlly televised games, Bulls have 25 nationally televised games,but

the world champions spurs have 19?

They should be seen as much as the cavs. This is why I hope the cavs fail

Default Re: Cavs have 25 natioanlly televised games, Bulls have 25 nationally televised games,but

This is definitely the reason why the Cavs should fail... **** them for this.

Default Re: Cavs have 25 natioanlly televised games, Bulls have 25 nationally televised games,but

The casual fan will tune in to see LeBron....not 3 aging stars sitting on a bench because their coach is crusty.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Out of curiosity: how many do the Knicks have?

Casuals couldn't care less about the Spurs

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Out of curiosity: how many do the Knicks have?
    Total of 16

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    Total of 16
    How about Lakers?

The fact that the Knicks have almost as many televised games as the Spurs is FAR more ridiculous than the Cavs/Bulls having more. At least the Cavs/Bulls will be good.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    the world champions spurs have 19?

They should be seen as much as the cavs. This is why I hope the cavs fail
    spurs starters play 20 mins a game lol. noone wants to see these boring geezers, except for Spurs fans. (typical causal fan response)

spurs fans prefer flying under the radar. its a stigma we have embraced and thrive on. the bigger we are disrespected the sweeter the victory.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

From what I'm looking at...The Clippers and Thunder both have 32, Bulls 30, Cavs 29, Lakers 28 (lol), Warriors 25, Spurs 25 etc.

I rule the local playground

I dont know why this should surprise or upset anyone. It's television. It's entertainment. New York and LA are the two biggest markets. The Cavs are obviously an interesting storyline and the Spurs are boring, especially in the regular season where they rest their stars a ton.

TV games are not a reflection of the quality of the teams, anymore so Keeping up with the Kardashins is quality storytelling. It's just what people will watch and bring ratings.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Even if you like the Spurs style of play, they rest their starters a lot during the regular season and therefore should not get to play on nationally televised games as much. That is perfectly fair.

19 is actually way too much, considering that fact.

Golden State Aster*sks

No one cares about the Spurs. Imagine how much richer and more popular Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker would be if they played in NY or LA. They shot themselves in the foot by choosing to play in San Antonio.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Just because you have the most televised games doesn't mean you're the best or going to win the championship.

It's just for ratings, even if it's not the highest quality product.

At the end, when it counts:

Great team play>>>>>>> Overhyped media darling, who always seems to fall short.

Notice how Miami isn't up there with Cleveland anymore, dem Bandwagon TV Broadcasters

I'm shocked the Spurs have 19 tbh.