Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default why are Lebron and kobe so polarizing

thread

Default Re: why are Lebron and kobe so polarizing

I respect them both

Because people enjoy living vicariously through successful people, and feel threatened when others bash their second life in order to prop up their own avatar.

In other words, a whole bunch of losers are in love with Kobe and Lebron because they wish they were the lone wolf alpha or the charismatic joker and feel threatened by others.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    Because people enjoy living vicariously through successful people, and feel threatened when others bash their second life in order to prop up their own avatar.

In other words, a whole bunch of losers are in love with Kobe and Lebron because they wish they were the lone wolf alpha or the charismatic joker and feel threatened by others.

Golden State Aster*sks

I'm still mad they never met in the Finals. Our generation lost out on a potential Magic vs Bird type rivalry.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3
    I'm still mad they never met in the Finals. Our generation lost out on a potential Magic vs Bird type rivalry.
    me too. if only lebron beat the magic in 2009. and CP3 going to the lakers wasnt vetoed. it may have happened. oh well. we could very well see durant vs lebron in the finals now with durant entering his prime. if durant beats lebron it will be huge then it would be 1 - 1

I blame Lebron for this.

allowing the likes of Turkoglu to take him out of the finals

Yes, I regret it too even to this day. It's such a shame too, just bad timing is all it could of been amazing rivalry, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Great college starter

lebron wasn't polarizing before the 1st decision. Kobe on the other hand has always been hated

This is after lebron made his first "Decision" (2010)

Kobe Bryant is still more unlikable than LeBron James

[quote]For a long time, people loved LeBron James. Totally loved him in a non-platonic way (for the most part). At the same time, Kobe Bryant has been one of the most hated players in the NBA for the past few seasons. But it is funny how a summer can change things.

Now, after LeBron's decision and "The Decision," more and more people dislike LeBron James. Whether they think he's a coward, a jerk or just has a bad beard, the LeBron James train has less and less people enjoying its complimentary peanuts. And while LeBron has been busy making people angry, Kobe has been enjoying a great run that has seen him win an Olympic gold medal and two straight titles while staying out of headlines for anything bad. The tables have turned.

[Photos: See NBA star LeBron James in action]

Or so you'd think. But according to Q Scores revealed by CNBC's Darren Rovell, some things will never change.

In January 2010, The Q Scores Company took a poll of the general population and found that 24 percent of people thought of James in a positive light, compared to a 22 percent negative opinion.

Henry Schafer, executive vice president of the company, told CNBC that the average sports personality has a 15 percent positive score and a 24 percent negative score.

"LeBron's positive score at that time was the highest we had ever seen it," Schafer said.

But since "The Decision" show on July 8, things have gone seriously downhill for the NBA star.

LeBron's Q Score today?

Schafer says that now only 14 percent of the general population see him as a positive figure, a 41.6 percent drop, while 39 percent view him in a negative light, a 77 percent decline.

In fact, LeBron is now the sixth most disliked sports personality, according to The Q Score Company, behind Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco and Kobe Bryant.

[Rewind: Did LeBron James really hurt his brand?]

[b]It's close, and actually Kobe is more well-liked

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

"The Decision" really made Lebron hated/polarized. Sure he still had people who disliked him, all elite athletes do, but he was mostly someone who was liked by the masses. Horrible PR blunder.

I think the hatred became kind of ridiculous and extreme. Yeah Lebron is probably a narcissistic asshole, but so are many athletes. They were playing the Mavs and it was supposed to be a nice story that Jason Kidd, who did something far worse than Lebron has ever done (to the public's knowledge), wins a title.

They claim on some polls that he's more popular now than he was before he made "The Decision". I don't know about that, it sure seems like he has a lot more people who hate him than before July 2010.

Kobe is polarizing because he comes across as another narcissistic asshole, had the sexual assault charge, the feud with Shaq, and also because he gets compared so often to jordan.

lebron because he colluded and flops like divac

kobe because he could be accused of rape and you would not be surprised.

Me too! Not only the potential Magic/Bird type rivalry. But we lost out on the Kobe/Lebron puppet commericals. Thank goodness for youtube

One is a sociopath; the other is emotional.

One is a gunner with low %'s; the other is a pass-first guy with high %'s.

One came into the league with little hype; the other came into the league as "the chosen one".

One has only played with a single team; the other left his team only to come back to it.

One is skill based; the other is athleticism based.

One is a master of scoring; the other is a jack of all trades.

One is publicly liked but privately hated by those around him; the other is publicly hated and privately liked by those around him.

One keeps shooting and abandons teammates when things get bad; the other stops shooting and abandons the team when things get bad.

One is multilingual and cultured; the other is from Akron.

One has accepted balding; the other tries to cover it up.

One is a grandiose narcissist; the other is a vulnerable narcissist.

One would destroy the world to get his way; the other would let the world be destroyed unless he got his way.

One would do a good deed to gain public favor; the other would do a good deed to rid himself of guilt.
    Last edited by FKAri; 10-25-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    One is a sociopath; the other is emotional.

One is a gunner with low %'s; the other is a pass-first guy with high %'s.

One came into the league with little hype; the other came into the league as "the chosen one".

One has only played with a single team; the other left his team only to come back to it.

One is skill based; the other is athleticism based.

One is a master of scoring; the other is a jack of all trades.

One is publicly liked but privately hated by those around him; the other is publicly hated and privately liked by those around him.

One keeps shooting and abandons teammates when things get bad; the other stops shooting and abandons the team when things get bad.

One is multilingual and cultured; the other is from Akron.

One has accepted balding; the other tries to cover it up.

One is a grandiose narcissist; the other is a vulnerable narcissist.

One would destroy the world to get his way; the other would let the world be destroyed unless he got his way.
    ayy lmao.

underrated post.

damn fkari