Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NBA is rigged Video-Funny and interesting

Not wanting to comment on it, since being a conspiracy theorist gets thrown around whenever you bring up 'rigged' and 'NBA', so I'll just let you guys enjoy the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFsqtgjVw_4

NBA Superstar

Default Re: NBA is rigged Video-Funny and interesting

Anyone who doesn't believe the NBA hasn't been rigged is a complete ****ing moron ignoring a ridiculous amount of overwhelming evidence showing that it was rigged.

I hate how Tim Donaghy is the black sheep in all of this. He didn't even ****ing officiate the 2002 WCF, the league didn't even punish any of those officials. He didn't officiate in the 2006 Finals either. Nope, he's the problem though. Nevermind a fcking ridiculous amount of phone calls placed between him and current official Scott Foster (who officiated in the Finals last year) minutes before each officiated a game.

Nevermind Joey Crawford getting out of hand ejecting Duncan for laughing, challenging him to a fight, and then being allowed to officiate game 6 in the NBA Finals last year.

Oh, and the draft lottery? Funny how the Timberwolves have had a 99% chance of moving up in draft position by now yet have never done so. However the Bulls win the Lottery to draft Chicago native Derrick Rose despite only having a 1% chance. Ah yes, lets keep it behind closed doors though. Not like the last live lottery in 1985 was rigged (with actual proof) forcing them to move it to behind closed doors.

Wake the **** up NBA fans.

Banned

Wade took like 20 steps, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Wade took like 20 steps, at least.
    I actually enjoyed Crawford tossing out Duncan on the bench for smiling? and of course Sheed for 'intimidating' the ref with a glare

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Anyone who doesn't believe the NBA hasn't been rigged is a complete ****ing moron ignoring a ridiculous amount of overwhelming evidence showing that it was rigged.

I hate how Tim Donaghy is the black sheep in all of this. He didn't even ****ing officiate the 2002 WCF, the league didn't even punish any of those officials. He didn't officiate in the 2006 Finals either. Nope, he's the problem though. Nevermind a fcking ridiculous amount of phone calls placed between him and current official Scott Foster (who officiated in the Finals last year) minutes before each officiated a game.

Nevermind Joey Crawford getting out of hand ejecting Duncan for laughing, challenging him to a fight, and then being allowed to officiate game 6 in the NBA Finals last year.

Oh, and the draft lottery? Funny how the Timberwolves have had a 99% chance of moving up in draft position by now yet have never done so. However the Bulls win the Lottery to draft Chicago native Derrick Rose despite only having a 1% chance. Ah yes, lets keep it behind closed doors though. Not like the last live lottery in 1985 was rigged (with actual proof) forcing them to move it to behind closed doors.

Good post. Truth hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0

For someone who posts with good English and has a well thought out argument or post, you really shouldn't have all the negs you do...I'm guessing you ruffled the feathers of just about every Heat fan and negged you accordingly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    For someone who posts with good English and has a well thought out argument or post, you really shouldn't have all the negs you do...I'm guessing you ruffled the feathers of just about every Heat fan and negged you accordingly
    No, he's a massive troll who rarely says anything of note. He has his moments and is proving that he feigns retardation in an attempt to rustle jimmies.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

I can't deduce from the video that the NBA is rigged. Bad calls are going to happen, period.

But, in regard to the draft...Well...Let's just say a few results are awfully fishy; and yes I know about Patrick Ewing going to the New York Knicks scandal too.

NBA Superstar

I'll just make some more points in the form of bulletin notes further proving my case
    [list][*]D-Wade getting more FT's than entire Mavs team for some games in 2006 Finals[*]Heat playoff record with Dan Crawford officiating = 16-4, Mavs playoff record with Dan Crawford officiating = 2-16[*]Charles Barkley filmed '93 Finals promos before his team was even set to be in them, and then in game 7 of the WCF his Suns got 70 FT's to the Sonics 30 FT's.[*]In 2011 NBA.com accidentally uploaded "Beat the Heat" OKC shirts before the Heat were even in the Finals. They also had articles basically begging for a LBJ/KD matchup.[*]The media constantly covers up for the officials when they can. How many times have you seen Dan/Joey Crawford make a ****ing putrid call and then the commentators say, "Well, Joey Crawford is one of the very best in the business, he just missed one there." Look back at ESPN after the 2012 Finals, they brought in outside guys to provide basketball insight and anytime those guys commented on the bias Miami was receiving from the officials the ESPN reporter would just say "Well sure the Heat got some calls here and there but it was just the Kings time."[*]The massive amount of crazy statistical odds being defied in the draft lottery[*]The 1985 draft lottery being rigged with video proof[*]Two NBA teams having like half of the NBA's championships[*]There is a pool of like 6-7 teams where at least one of those teams has been present in every NBA finals[*]They constantly extend series for more revenue. With LA vs OKC two years ago Joey Crawford reffed a 72 FTA game with LA getting like 50 of those whistles. It was just to make it a 5 game series for more $$$[*]The way the league shamelessly dragged LA into the playoffs last year. LA vs GS was the worst.[/list]

The list goes on and on folks, wake the hell up. The NBA doesn't even have a system that reviews the quality of officiating. We've been watching Dan and Joey Crawford in the Finals the past 3+ years. Are you really a big enough of a jackass to believe that those 2 have just made the most correct calls in the regular season each year?
    Last edited by russwest0; 12-18-2013 at 04:05 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    To be honest I don't know why I am negged so much, most of it was from me coming in here and calling the Heat overrated since they were 1 play from losing the ECF in 6 and 1 play from losing the finals in 6, both as a result of their opponents coaching mistakes. Yet people acted like we were watching the Bulls come off their 4th or 5th title win in dominating fashion. I called all of the LeBron/Heat fans out on overrating their squad, and got negged accordingly.

I think they were just trying to troll the LeBron haters tho, I just came in at a wrong time trying to be a voice of reason. Didn't fit in well with the troll culture.
    Last edited by russwest0; 12-18-2013 at 04:25 AM.

i fukking hate joey crawford

I think it was Cle -Wizards playoff 2007 that put me off NBA for years. I?m no Lebron hater at all, but during that series he got away with so many blatant travels in the clutch that I just couldn`t watch any more.

But I don`t think it`s rigged, like Stern giving orders, but there is a culture of calls going to superstars and big teams. And that`s bad.

not rigged, but shitty refs yes............but most of those refs are gone now, only joey crawford remains

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Some people here need a course in Logic. Officials making horrible calls is not equal to the Entire NBA being rigged. People sound even more insane when they go over a list isolated events over the course of 30 years to make their point. You can arrange the facts to fit your theories any way you want and put your credibility right up there with creationists, hollow earth theory and ghost hunters.

The United states government with the ability to imprison and kill people still cant keep a secret from hitting wikileaks, but somehow David stern and a group of college drop out refs have everything tightly under wraps? The fact is they there are literally thousands of people involved in putting the NBA product on the floor. And with all of those people come billions of dollars being spent to give their agenda's the edge.

If there is a conspiracy then your either saying that it's taking place right under the noses of billionaires, who are spending ridiculous amounts of money to ensure their team has the advantage with superior players or you're saying they are complicit in the scam; In which case Mark Cuban was in on the 2006 finals reffing, The Maloofs were in on the 2002 western conference finals, The entire League capitulated to Stern in the 85 draft, The 29 other owners are fine with letting San Antonio ( one of the smallest markets with the least wealthy owner) win 4 titles.

Like most conspiracies people who believe the NBA is rigged have a filter that only processes information that fits with the idea, and conveniently leaves out the information that contradicts their notions.

HERE IS THE REALITY: The NBA does not have perfect competition. The referee's introduce a human element of judgement that is often flawed. Crappy refs who get carried away exist.

Joey Crawford is a terrible ref.
    Game 6 of the 2002 WCF was a travesty of Justice. Kings should be champs.
    Super star calls exist
    Make up calls exist.
    Reputation fouls exist.
    Wade was untouchable in the 2006 finals.

All of that is the result of Isolated bad judgement. Not the predetermined outcomes playing out.

Ill leave you with my favorite anti conspiracy stat.

The biggest market and David Stern's favorite team are the New york Knicks. Since he took over as comish they have 0 championships. The 3rd smallest market Spurs have 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    Some people here need a course in Logic. Officials making horrible calls is not equal to the Entire NBA being rigged. People sound even more insane when they go over a list isolated events over the course of 30 years to make their point. You can arrange the facts to fit your theories any way you want and put your credibility right up there with creationists, hollow earth theory and ghost hunters.

The United states government with the ability to imprison and kill people still cant keep a secret from hitting wikileaks, but somehow David stern and a group of college drop out refs have everything tightly under wraps? The fact is they there are literally thousands of people involved in putting the NBA product on the floor. And with all of those people come billions of dollars being spent to give their agenda's the edge.

If there is a conspiracy then your either saying that it's taking place right under the noses of billionaires, who are spending ridiculous amounts of money to ensure their team has the advantage with superior players or you're saying they are complicit in the scam; In which case Mark Cuban was in on the 2006 finals reffing, The Maloofs were in on the 2002 western conference finals, The entire League capitulated to Stern in the 85 draft, The 29 other owners are fine with letting San Antonio ( one of the smallest markets with the least wealthy owner) win 4 titles.

Like most conspiracies people who believe the NBA is rigged have a filter that only processes information that fits with the idea, and conveniently leaves out the information that contradicts their notions.

HERE IS THE REALITY: The NBA does not have perfect competition. The referee's introduce a human element of judgement that is often flawed. Crappy refs who get carried away exist.

Joey Crawford is a terrible ref.
    Game 6 of the 2002 WCF was a travesty of Justice. Kings should be champs.
    Super star calls exist
    Make up calls exist.
    Reputation fouls exist.
    Wade was untouchable in the 2006 finals.

All of that is the result of Isolated bad judgement. Not the predetermined outcomes playing out.

Ill leave you with my favorite anti conspiracy stat.

The biggest market and David Stern's favorite team are the New york Knicks. Since he took over as comish they have 0 championships. The 3rd smallest market Spurs have 4.

Just a question, did you watch the video?