Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: I didn't even watch the game, but LOL at the reactions to Blake and Chris Paul

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    A couple of things you missed on Blake. He let Rockets PG beat him to a rebound and kick it back to someone for a made 3 pointer.

Right after that he committed 2 consecutive turnovers.

And since we're talking about Blake. He made his first and only 2 free throw attempts in the 4th quarter and missed one on top of that.

You can't have your superstar power forward not going to the hole and drawing fouls.

But I don't want to be too hard on him because if like you said, he was really gassed and could do no more.
    Missed rebounds and turnovers happen. They're not mistakes, IMO.

A mistake is something you have full control over.

Edit: Not to mention, I'm pretty sure that rebound was a blown box-out by Austin

Decent college freshman

Default Re: I didn't even watch the game, but LOL at the reactions to Blake and Chris Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    The Clips lost because of SF play and their bench performance. Crawford is a straight up chucker, and he's supposed to be their 4th best player with occasional #1 option duties. When he has shot over 40%, the Clippers have won in this series.

Switch Barnes with Ariza and this is a 4-1 series in favor of the Clippers. The Rockets role players were the difference. Good ups to Prigioni and Josh too. Believe it or not, I think the Clippers win it all with Ray Allen playing spurts at SF...unfortunately that wasn't the case.

And...I believe CP3 lost a lot of it in the 3rd. They were in the bonus with a little under 7 mins left in the quarter. He did not attack or draw fouls like how he's capable of. Instead, he kept feeding iso-Blake and iso-Crawford. CP3 did play his heart out in the 4th though neutralizing Harden on D, but it was a little too late. CP3 is absolutely a superstar on both sides of the ball. He just needed 1 or 2 more pieces...shooters and someone other than Spencer Hawes.

Lastly, the real choker is Doc Rivers. He just has that panic vibe about him and it doesn't seem like he holds his team accountable. Always at a disbelief with refs making calls that doesn't go his way instead of stepping up to the plate. All-time great motivator, but I don't know about the Xs and Os part of his game...especially in the moment. I give CP3, Blake, and Deandre huge credit. They played their part, but the role players just couldn't hit shots. JJ Redick...come on man! 6/26 in the last 3 games from downtown????
    Reddick, Barnes and Crawford were just awful.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

I disagree. The effort was missing.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

A couple of things you missed on Blake. He let Rockets PG beat him to a rebound and kick it back to someone for a made 3 pointer.

And since we're talking about Blake. He made his first and only 2 free throw attempts in the 4th quarter and missed one on top of that.

You can't have your superstar power forward not going to the hole and drawing fouls.

But I don't want to be too hard on him because if like you said, he was really gassed and could do no more.
    Blake's really gotta work on his face up game. Backing up Smith wasn't really working and he had nothing else to resort to except from CP3 assisting his jumpers.

College superstar

I disagree. The effort was missing.
    I fully agree with that. And I edited my post to include Rivers missing that box-out. And you admit blake was "gassed" so why doesn't that apply to the rebound?

That was one of those moments where you just knew the Rockets wanted it more, or rather the Clips didn't want it at all, and the game was fully over.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

No, an error made when in full control of a situation is negligence.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    No, an error made when in full control of a situation is negligence.
    Pretty sure both terms apply.

I just can't call a Rockets player stealing a dribble or pass a "mistake". Unless it was clear before the play that it would not end well. Examples of that would be throwing a cross-court pass to a covered player, etc.

Decent college freshman

I fully agree with that. And I edited my post to include Rivers missing that box-out. And you admit blake was "gassed" so why doesn't that apply to the rebound?

That was one of those moments where you just knew the Rockets wanted it more, or rather the Clips didn't want it at all, and the game was fully over.

LOL I said "if" he was gassed like you said. I have no proof that he was but its a possibility. But still either way I saw no effort.

It doesn't matter if Rivers missed the box out. He's not a star, he's a scrub who got hot a couple of times.

Blake is the star of the team and he was right there by the ball.

But whatever. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

College superstar

I need to work on my reading comprehension.

Better to have CP3 than NoWill.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Are you kidding? The 6-10 rotations? The Clippers gave away the series in game 6. And in game 7, Blake Griffin was straight up FEARFUL of shooting the ball or making a play for about half of the game along with EVERY OTHER CLIPPERS player besides Chris Paul. It was the ENTIRE rotation minus Paul.

This series L falls on Doc Rivers for game 6 and every single Clippers player besides Chris Paul in game 7.

This is typical skip bayless stuff.

The Clippers had a gruelling 7-game- series in their legs while playing with a 7-men-rotation. And their 6th and 7th men were just heat check guards playing bad defense. I mean, Austin rivers was their 7th man for crying out loud. And big baby got some mins as their bench big
    All that while cp3 missed some games/minutes and played with a bad hamstring.

On the other hand, the Rockets had guys like Brewer, prigioni and Jones balling. Heck, even josh smith was draining 3s like nothing and they had basically a walkover in the first round.

Obviously, Jj wasn't Jj, Barnes' jumper went at the worst moment and even Blake played bad defense and was certainly tentative in the closing minutes of games. And they certainly should have put game 6 to bed.

But don't you think it had more something to do with their lack of depth, the number of games and minutes on their wheels, than just simply proclaiming they choked? And you have to give credit to the Rockets for stepping up as a unit. Also, they put Dwight on Blake in stretches and his defense was great.

I mean, I just can't understand how anybody can take something else from this year's Clippers' playoff run than that they need to upgrade their bench and get more wing 3-and-D guys.

Even doc the coach, I think, took this team to their limits.
    Doc the GM, on the other hand, failed miserably.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

I'm good with not putting the loss entirely on Chris Paul...this is a team game. But then we need to be honest and admit that Chris Paul doesn't have a big enough impact on the games to carry a team deep in the playoffs. Blake Griffin played outstanding, Deandre does his thing, and Reddick played good. Crawford struggled, but other than that Chris Paul had the help he needed to move on. He didn't do it again, so let's just drop him a tier and move on. In his career he's an elite statistical point guard whose skills don't transfer to team success for one reason or another. His passing game is overrated because the lobs overinflate his numbers and the flashy passes make us think he's amazing. But he doesn't do two things that a guy like Tony Parker does for you: (1) Move without the ball. Parker is running through sets of screens all game long, getting bumped and exerting a ton of energy to get the offense moving. (2) Suck defenses in by driving. Too often Chris Paul stops and tries the 15 footer. It's not a bad shot because he's pretty efficient at it, but if he could get in the lane more often and be more of a scoring threat inside, it would open up the shooters or get the ball swinging.

The Parker-run offense that we saw in 2014 did exactly that and it was basically unstoppable. People on here say that you could just switch them and that the Spurs would be just as successful, but unless Chris Paul learned to move well without the ball and had the ability to suck an entire defense in, I don't think we would have ever seen that 2014 team, which was one of the greatest passing teams in NBA history.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    You should have watched the game OP, the clippers got there shit pushed all the way in..

What kind of a ball fan doesn't watch a game 7 of the playoffs anyway

Lebaldo stans

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Blake's really gotta work on his face up game. Backing up Smith wasn't really working and he had nothing else to resort to except from CP3 assisting his jumpers.
    Someone said he needs to create space.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So apparently Chris Paul is now the biggest choker ever, and Blake's stats are empty.

Even though in basically every playoff game I watched of theirs this year, they were both straight up BALLIN.

It is entirely possible that both of them played well, but their other 6 teammates (since they were using basically a 8 man rotation) and their coach are the reason they lost.

Basketball is a team game, and y'all are acting like Chris Paul and Blake lost a 2-on-2 series at the park against James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Who are people going to blame? You are the leader of the team, you take the blame, it is that simple.

Clippers lost by 13 points, it just means that CP3 & Blake should've scored 14 more points in order for their team to win. I don't care if you score 50 or 60 points. The points is they shouldve scored or assisted for 14 more points in order to win against the Rockets and they didn't. Empty stat$/fail whatever you wanna call it.