Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default I didn't even watch the game, but LOL at the reactions to Blake and Chris Paul

So apparently Chris Paul is now the biggest choker ever, and Blake's stats are empty.

Even though in basically every playoff game I watched of theirs this year, they were both straight up BALLIN.

It is entirely possible that both of them played well, but their other 6 teammates (since they were using basically a 8 man rotation) and their coach are the reason they lost.

Basketball is a team game, and y'all are acting like Chris Paul and Blake lost a 2-on-2 series at the park against James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Serious playground baller

Default Re: I didn't even watch the game, but LOL at the reactions to Blake and Chris Paul

Blake was winning without Paul, so this is just a Paul issue.

Default Re: I didn't even watch the game, but LOL at the reactions to Blake and Chris Paul

"I didn't even watch the game"

Yes, go on ...

That's why Wilt is BOAT.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So apparently Chris Paul is now the biggest choker ever, and Blake's stats are empty.

Even though in basically every playoff game I watched of theirs this year, they were both straight up BALLIN.

It is entirely possible that both of them played well, but their other 6 teammates (since they were using basically a 8 man rotation) and their coach are the reason they lost.

Basketball is a team game, and y'all are acting like Chris Paul and Blake lost a 2-on-2 series at the park against James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Sorry, but this year he does not get a pass. He's not as unclutch as claimed, considering i can think of a counter for each of his gaffes the past couple years. But his demeanor on the court, the flopping, and the Napoleon complex...maybe the best point guard who isn't a true leader to ever play.

He's still got years left, but he needs an attitude adjustment.

I don't like Chris Paul, but the series was clearly won/lost by the respective 6-10 rotations.

Anybody saying something else has clearly an agenda or is just being stupid.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    I don't like Chris Paul, but the series was clearly won/lost by the respective 6-10 rotations.

Anybody saying something else has clearly an agenda or is just being stupid.
    Are you kidding? The 6-10 rotations? The Clippers gave away the series in game 6. And in game 7, Blake Griffin was straight up FEARFUL of shooting the ball or making a play for about half of the game along with EVERY OTHER CLIPPERS player besides Chris Paul. It was the ENTIRE rotation minus Paul.

This series L falls on Doc Rivers for game 6 and every single Clippers player besides Chris Paul in game 7.
    Last edited by Orlando Magic; 05-18-2015 at 01:02 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    I agree with that.

The major difference in the series, in my eyes, was that the Clips didn't have a single role player step up. Their stars did their thing, but the role players were nowhere to be found.

Some argue the G6 collapse, and the lack of energy in G7... that can be partially attributed to lack of role players, still, in that the stars were likely more tired than their Houston counterparts.

As for the lack of energy in G7, Clippers have no "energizer bunny" kind of player, that just comes out and gets the crowd/team pumped. Dirty work, hustle plays kinda guy. Rockets have Ariza and Brewer and Pablo, Hawks have Carroll, Cavs have Delly and Tristan, Warriors have Green..
    Barnes is supposed to be that guy for the Clippers, but he has taken a few steps back lately.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I agree with that.

The major difference in the series, in my eyes, was that the Clips didn't have a single role player step up. Their stars did their thing, but the role players were nowhere to be found.

Some argue the G6 collapse, and the lack of energy in G7... that can be partially attributed to lack of role players, still, in that the stars were likely more tired than their Houston counterparts.

As for the lack of energy in G7, Clippers have no "energizer bunny" kind of player, that just comes out and gets the crowd/team pumped. Dirty work, hustle plays kinda guy. Rockets have Ariza and Brewer and Pablo, Hawks have Carroll, Cavs have Delly and Tristan, Warriors have Green..
    Barnes is supposed to be that guy for the Clippers, but he has taken a few steps back lately.

Okay this makes sense. I watched all of the games and Blake does well for about 3 quarters but then he disappears in the 4th. Game 7 he not only disappeared but he made some pretty costly mistakes. Maybe he was gassed or maybe he was shook. Whatever the reason, he was not playing like a superstar fighting for his playoff life.

I do agree that the Clippers got nothing from their role players in the last 3 games. Barnes took a step back because he was starting. He is not a starter. He should be coming off the bench.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WorldWarriors
    Okay this makes sense. I watched all of the games and Blake does well for about 3 quarters but then he disappears in the 4th. Game 7 he not only disappeared but he made some pretty costly mistakes. Maybe he was gassed or maybe he was shook. Whatever the reason, he was not playing like a superstar fighting for his playoff life.

I do agree that the Clippers got nothing from their role players in the last 3 games. Barnes took a step back because he was starting. He is not a starter. He should be coming off the bench.
    1) I agree that in G7 the Clips as a whole didn't seem to be fighting for their playoff lives. Even my girlfriend made the comment, in the last two minutes, "They would have won if they tried this hard all game".

Being "gassed" is a legit excuse, but not one the viewing public wants to hear or consider

2) I can't think of any "costly mistakes" that just Blake made. He did get blocked by Smith on that one play, but that's not a mistake. Blocks happen. I doubt any player that gets blocked wants to be. Blake also had pretty poor PnR defense in G7. I guess that can be a mistake. And lastly, when the Clips were making their run, and were only down 8... Griffin passed up an open 18footer. He should have shot that. I think that, and the poor PnR D, are the only true "mistakes" he made.

Pretty much, it's not uncommon for a team to come out flat. For whatever reason, they don't have the energy or drive or determination... whatever the reason. And, more often than not, teams rely on a "spark plug" off the bench to bring that passion. The Clippers do not have such a player. They, as a team, came out unprepared and lacking energy, and no one was there to pump them up.

Falls on the coach, IMO. Pretty sure it's in his job description to be a motivator (among other things).

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

Blake Griffin in games 5, 6, 7...

+/-

Banned

Blake got outplayed by Josh fricking Smith, dude was trash talking him saying he couldn't guard and Smith was right, Griffin let that dude straight punk him. Griffin has all the physical tools to be the dominant, dude showed it against the Spurs. You don't let your team lose a 20 point second half lead at home in a close out game to a less than stellar Rockets team, while pulling a Lebron 2011 disappearing act in the process.

CP3 was okay I guess, but not the best point guard, superstar type to propel his team to the next level, never has been though, so he gets a pass, cause he's not on Lebron/Durant/Kobe's level, he's a 2nd, probably 3rd option on a championship team.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 05-18-2015 at 01:37 PM.

You should have watched the game OP, the clippers got there shit pushed all the way in..

What kind of a ball fan doesn't watch a game 7 of the playoffs anyway

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

The Clips lost because of SF play and their bench performance. Crawford is a straight up chucker, and he's supposed to be their 4th best player with occasional #1 option duties. When he has shot over 40%, the Clippers have won in this series.

Switch Barnes with Ariza and this is a 4-1 series in favor of the Clippers. The Rockets role players were the difference. Good ups to Prigioni and Josh too. Believe it or not, I think the Clippers win it all with Ray Allen playing spurts at SF...unfortunately that wasn't the case.

And...I believe CP3 lost a lot of it in the 3rd. They were in the bonus with a little under 7 mins left in the quarter. He did not attack or draw fouls like how he's capable of. Instead, he kept feeding iso-Blake and iso-Crawford. CP3 did play his heart out in the 4th though neutralizing Harden on D, but it was a little too late. CP3 is absolutely a superstar on both sides of the ball. He just needed 1 or 2 more pieces...shooters and someone other than Spencer Hawes.

Lastly, the real choker is Doc Rivers. He just has that panic vibe about him and it doesn't seem like he holds his team accountable. Always at a disbelief with refs making calls that doesn't go his way instead of stepping up to the plate. All-time great motivator, but I don't know about the Xs and Os part of his game...especially in the moment. I give CP3, Blake, and Deandre huge credit. They played their part, but the role players just couldn't hit shots. JJ Redick...come on man! 6/26 in the last 3 games from downtown????

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    1) I agree that in G7 the Clips as a whole didn't seem to be fighting for their playoff lives. Even my girlfriend made the comment, in the last two minutes, "They would have won if they tried this hard all game".

Being "gassed" is a legit excuse, but not one the viewing public wants to hear or consider

2) I can't think of any "costly mistakes" that just Blake made. He did get blocked by Smith on that one play, but that's not a mistake. Blocks happen. I doubt any player that gets blocked wants to be. Blake also had pretty poor PnR defense in G7. I guess that can be a mistake. And lastly, when the Clips were making their run, and were only down 8... Griffin passed up an open 18footer. He should have shot that. I think that, and the poor PnR D, are the only true "mistakes" he made.

Pretty much, it's not uncommon for a team to come out flat. For whatever reason, they don't have the energy or drive or determination... whatever the reason. And, more often than not, teams rely on a "spark plug" off the bench to bring that passion. The Clippers do not have such a player. They, as a team, came out unprepared and lacking energy, and no one was there to pump them up.

Falls on the coach, IMO. Pretty sure it's in his job description to be a motivator (among other things).

A couple of things you missed on Blake. He let Rockets PG beat him to a rebound and kick it back to someone for a made 3 pointer.

Right after that he committed 2 consecutive turnovers.

And since we're talking about Blake. He made his first and only 2 free throw attempts in the 4th quarter and missed one on top of that.

You can't have your superstar power forward not going to the hole and drawing fouls.

But I don't want to be too hard on him because if like you said, he was really gassed and could do no more.
    Last edited by WorldWarriors; 05-18-2015 at 01:46 PM.