Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default There are people on ISH who actually think Chris Paul is top 5 PG all time

AAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: There are people on ISH who actually think Chris Paul is top 5 PG all time

PG is historically a relatively weak position. So not that crazy.

Default Re: There are people on ISH who actually think Chris Paul is top 5 PG all time

It's not that crazy to be honest. You have Magic the undisputed 1.
    Oscar at 2.
    Isiah at 3.

After that? No point guard has won enough or played at a high enough level while winning to be sure fire top 5. I wouldnt be comfortable ranking anyone after those guys.

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Magic
    Oscar
    Isiah
    CP3
    Stockton

What's so funny

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Maybe only stat geeks who only pay attention to box scores and advanced stats. They don't care about playoff success and winning.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    It's not that crazy to be honest. You have Magic the undisputed 1.
    Oscar at 2.
    Isiah at 3.

After that? No point guard has won enough or played at a high enough level while winning to be sure fire top 5. I wouldnt be comfortable ranking anyone after those guys.
    True, but Kidd and Stockton are still higher than Paul and would be considered top 5 before he would at this point. At least those players went to the Finals and one won it, although at the end of his career.

Magic
    Stockton
    Isiah
    Kidd
    Nash

Just off the top of my head.

CP3? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    True, but Kidd and Stockton are still higher than Paul and would be considered top 5 before he would at this point.
    Neither have the surefire stats or accolades or rings to be ranked over any great point guard in my opinion. Not just talking about CP3. I could mix and match after the top 3.

National High School Star

its not really that crazy...

Good High School Starter

hes not even top 40

I still think he's easily one of the best ever. The Clippers losing this series didn't change my opinion of him at all really.

Put him in the east where he can face weak competition year after year and he'd go down as an all time great.

I'd say Magic, Oscar, Isiah, and Stockton are all undoubtedly top 5, but the fifth spot can honestly go to a number of players, ranging from Cousy, Frazier, Kidd, Payton, Nash, CP3 etc.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Magic
    Stockton
    Isiah
    Kidd
    Nash

Just off the top of my head.

CP3? Nope.

payton
    oscar
    parker
    frazier

cp3 stat nerds disrespecting the other greats that came before

Chris Paul's stats are always good, but they don't reflect his choke jobs in the post season.

Perfect example was game 6 against Houston. 31/11/7. What a game! But he was nowhere to be found as his team choked away a 19 point lead in an closeout game.

Great second tier star, but he's clearly not in the conversation of best players of his generation (Kobe, Lebron, Wade, KG, etc).

College star

They are as silly as those who think Kobe is a great player.

Anyway, Nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CP3.

CP3 is still in the top 20 GOAT PGs though, don't hate.