Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Pistons pick up Ilyasova

We got Ilyasova from Milwaukee in a salary dump. Gave up Butler(non guaranteed) and Shawne Williams.

Love it myself.

http://www.insidehoops.com/pistons-b...e-061115.shtml
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-11-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: Pistons pick up Ilyasova

NBA lottery pick

Solid move. It makes sense and he fits in. He has been incredibly inconsistent but maybe in Detroit he can figure it out. This pretty much tells me they think Moose is gone.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/1...s-caron-butler

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

A TRUE SVG kinda guy - love it.

6'9" and 235 pound stretch PF. In the two years he received 28 minutes per game he put up:

2012 - 13ppg / 8.8rpg / 46% 3pt
    2013 - 13.2ppg / 7.1rpg / 44% 3pt

Will space the floor perfectly next to Dre,

Would also probably tilt the scales towards a SF at the draft and not a PF,

Kind of like an upgrade to Tolliver, but I hope we keep Tolliver around as he would be a great combo F option off the bench for 10 - 15 mins.

NBA lottery pick

With the lineup Detroit has I would expect him to average around 15ppg and shoot over 40% from the 3pt line. Some of this strategy towards getting outside shooters is Dre better really be working on his post game. If Drummond needs a double team it opens up everything on the outside. If teams can defend him with single coverage the shooters are going to have a much more difficult time.

^^ I'm really hoping Dre is putting in work on his post passing too, a guy who doesn't score much but is an amazing post passer is Bogut. But I want Dre to be way more aggresive than that, but when he needs to whip a pass out to the open man I want it crisp!

NBA lottery pick

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy...TAG=YHF7e3228e

Pretty good article. It makes some sense. It would also be cool if there were more Pistons fans than the 3 of us lol. Nonetheless, we'll keep this going. When Detroit was good there were a lot of us. The next year or so will be us I guess hahaha.

I'm pretty sure there are more than the 3 of you. Also, we probably aren't talking because this is a trade that leads us where we were last year. How big of a change is ersan over Williams? They are about the same guy, one is white. Is he jerebko with a slightly better 3? Ersan has been in the league what 7-8 years now and still hasn't carved out a niche for himself. He's wildly inconsistent.

^^ Very inconsistent, but I feel like he hasn't had the best pieces around him for him to truly flourish, both personnel and coaching

Larry Krystkowiak
    Scott Skiles
    Jim Boylan
    Larry Drew
    Jason Kidd

5 coaches over 7 years,

With SVG, a very well credentialed and respected coach league wide, he has a chance to be well coached and play in a system that truly suits him.

If anyone can find success in Ilyasova, it will be SVG

And yeah we didn't give up much for him, low risk move

Given Jerebko's PT, how much of an upgrade is Ilyasova over Jerebko?

I hear what you are saying ^^ And in the past few seasons yeah, i'd say a little better, but under SVG, I think his game will flourish and be a lot better than Jerebko was.

Ofcourse I could be wrong - but I think playing for SVG as a stretch 4 gives Ilyasova the best chance to cash in on his skillset

We always need to stay positive, I guess. I mean, I tried after the acquisition of Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings.

I tried after Butler and Martin.

We just aren't going for players that we need. We had stretch 4s already. All of them weren't strong enough to actually play the 4. We got rid of them. Then we get another one.

We need 3 and D players. Besides KCP, we don't have anyone that can guard the perimeter.

I'm higher on the acquisition of Ilyasova over say Josh Smith, but we are still scrapping by as a 6th seed at best.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Given Jerebko's PT, how much of an upgrade is Ilyasova over Jerebko?
    Probably not a huge one in the grand scheme of things, but SVG never seemed to feel comfortable with Jerebko. Ilyasova has a little higher upside IMO. Has topped out at a 20 PER where as Jerebko topped out around 15-16. I think Ilya is more likely to get off more 3s per game though.

He also has a non guaranteed deal for next year that could be a useful trade chip.

NBA lottery pick

Glad to see we have on more on the board I think Ilyasova is a big upgrade over Jerebko. After Jerebko's injury he just never quite seemed the same. I also think Ilyasova is going to play quite a bit, at least at first. If he's very inconsistent (which could be the case) and loses the trust of the coaching staff his minutes will decrease. With Monroe leaving though, he's going to have to get minutes. I also think he's going to get a few minutes at SF too. That position will probably be KCP for a few minutes per game when they go small, a few minutes to Ilyasova and whoever they draft. I agree it's not the big time acquisition that the Pistons needed. But it is a player that does fit our needs. I still offer LMA the max.

Ilyasova can deff play periods at the 3, and he is actually a better defender than people give him credit for - he is surprisingly handy. Very good rebounder:

He has 14 x 15+ rebound games, putting him 4th all time for the Bucks in that category. I guess this is an area he separates himself from Jerebko,

Also, he was second in the NBA in 3-point shooting in 2011-12 at 45.5 percent and fourth the following season at 44.4. Another area he seperates himself from Jerebko.

I think he has a pretty good shot at being a very effective deep shooter and rebounder for SVG and this Pistons team. Biggest thing for Ersan is finding consistency, but I think he is in the best place he can be to fulfill this...