Default Spurs' Danny Green blames chemistry for team's two-year NBA Finals absence

After coming off an NBA title in 2014, the San Antonio Spurs were looking to win their first back-to-back titles in 2015. The team ended up getting eliminated by the Clippers in 7-games in the opening round.

In the 2015-16 season, the Spurs set a franchise record 67-wins last season, only lost once at home, had an MVP candidate on the roster (Kawhi Leonard), and were expected to face the Warriors in the 2016 Western Conference Finals.

Instead, they faced the Thunder in the West semifinals and saw their historic season come to a crashing end, losing to OKC 2-4 .

So what has been wrong for San Antonio in the playoffs? Why haven't they been back on the biggest stage in the NBA?

According to guard Danny Green the issue has been team chemistry.

I think the chemistry. We had some different faces since we won (2014 NBA title). A couple of guys left and even after last year we have a different team now. Newer guys, newer system. It's a different system, different flow. We were changing how we were doing things. With that being said, it takes a while for chemistry to build. Takes a while for guys to get used to that type of style of play for guys that have been there. Once we have that foundation, we have at least one year under our belt I think it will be even better.

As for getting eliminated by the Thunder, Green points to a lack of production from everyone on the roster but credits OKC for their outstanding play.

It was frustrating that we didn't get there. We thought we were good enough. We played well all year. We can't take nothing away from OKC. They were playing very good basketball they played very well. Not just their superstars but their others, they showed up. I think we went back into a style of play that was not our natural Spurs basketball. They were playing very well and we had games like most games just like our season where we needed everyone to play very well and we couldn't get that.

Just came to a point where a team (OKC) had more guys on their team playing well than our guys on our team.
    http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/sp...finals-absence

I love to see the Cavaliers reacquire him in the off season. He's going to be a perfect replacement for Jefferson.

Default Re: Spurs' Danny Green blames chemistry for team's two-year NBA Finals absence

Why are you upvoting your own thread?

Default Re: Spurs' Danny Green blames chemistry for team's two-year NBA Finals absence

Quote Originally Posted by Xoush
    Why are you upvoting your own thread?

Who are you??

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Who are you??
    Noone.

I always like Danny Green. He is a "three-and-D" player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I always like Danny Green. He is a "three-and-D" player.
    His 3-point shooting is very streaky. If I were a GM I rather go for a more consistent and slightly lesser player than Danny Green.

Very good NBA starter

Spurs lost because LMA is a soft, flat footed, no D playing, overpaid loser.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Spurs lost because LMA is a soft, flat footed, no D playing, overpaid loser.
    Nobody showed up in that series for the spurs. And it's Leonards team

They went away from the ball movement that won them the championship. Their offense is basically Kawhi isos and occasionally PnRs with LMA and TP.

EDIT: Cavs had their chance with Danny Green, they just let him go.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Tim Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne
    Tim Duncan

Is he officially retired?

Spurs stopped moving the ball and settled for contested shots. That's how they beat OKC back in 2014, finding the open man no matter what.

No ego in this locker room shall be bigger than mine

Tim Duncan is old and useless now. LMA sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    No ego in this locker room shall be bigger than mine
    something phil definitely did better than pop. Managing everyone's ego including his own.