Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #31
shok
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Amare calls Manu and Bowen Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oGlPFgkbQ8c

Here is the play Amare was talking about with Bowen BTW.

Very close to landing funny. It would be a shame if the Suns lost Amare on something like that.

But, every team has their dirty players.

I honestly don't see anything wrong in this video. I notice that Amare appears to be in pain after landing, so we blame Bowen because he's nearby? Amare lands on one foot after dunking...and this is a guy who had microfracture surgery...
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #32
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementally morale
You are clearly biased towards the Spurs my dear friend. Bowen's kick was most definitely intentional. I watched it like 20 times and it's clear as day it was on purpose. Bell has a tendency to play dirty but he is just intense and gets carried away I think. Most of the time his intentions are not dirty at all.

First of all, someone brought up an excellent point. It is obvious that Bowen's eyes are on the alley oop the entire time, and he is focused on trying to stop the play. You may think me bias, but if you cannot tell that Bowen is oblivious to all around him, and his contact with Amare is incidental, then you are being biased against Bowen.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #33
poeticism707
Local High School Star

Also, why or how Raja Bell plays dirty is irrelevant as far as this thread is concerned. No one is questioning Bowen or his motives, his personality. The simple question being posed is whether this is a dirty play by Bowen. The same applies for Raja Bell in game one's one or two handed chop of Ginobli. Why he was got 'carried away' is not the point of this thread: whether he committed a dirty play is the point, and he certainly did.
poeticism707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #34
KWALI
erudite

You cannot tel whether or not his focus is on Amare`s feet or not what you can see for sure is he exaggerrated his right step for no apparent reason.

Bowen has many pet dirty plays becuz he`s a dirty player that can get away with it on the SPURS....

It is quite possible that AMARE is exaggerrating and this one play means little it`s the actual accumalation of plays and the tricks he gets away with that make him a dirty player ....he`s like what Bill Laimbeer would be as a guard guard.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #35
timmyD
I usually hit open layups

ok, i know bruce has done some things that are questionable to a lot of people but the people who he has beef with is mainly ray allen, amare has more than once called spurs out (manu kneed him in the nuts on his layup) and amare has had beef with other players. ray has beef with a lot of people, mainly kobe, and vince got pissed that he got under his feet and i dont think theyve reconciled since.

it appears that bowens foot comes out further than normal, which makes it questionable on if it was intentional or not.

the reason why this stuff isnt being called is that there are only 3 refs. there not gonna be looking at peoples feet on a cut to the basket, their looking for arm and upper body contact. its just a part of the NBA game.

bottom line is bruce does stuff no one else is willing to do and that includes getting in peoples faces all the time, and making sure non of his opponents feel comfortable on the court.

and dont talk **** about tim, all of you guys call him a whiner and its a bunch of ****. and suns fans should be calling duncan a hyena or whatever, its better than him signaling a shoving motion or a fist pump after every basket when nash and amare score.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #36
elementally morale
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeticism707
First of all, someone brought up an excellent point. It is obvious that Bowen's eyes are on the alley oop the entire time, and he is focused on trying to stop the play. You may think me bias, but if you cannot tell that Bowen is oblivious to all around him, and his contact with Amare is incidental, then you are being biased against Bowen.

I have no problem with either of these two Spurs players. Read my long post. One play doesn't change the way I view a player. Bowen has a tendency to cheap foul intentionally. It's not one play it's the way he usually plays. He doesn't play to hurt you but if that1s the best or the only way to keep you from winning he will. Manu is not going to hurt you but he will play 'tricky' all the time. It's just who they are.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #37
gts
shhhhhhh

Doesn't look intentional, this seems more like playoff postering than anything else... odd how this doesn't come out in the post game interviews, just a day or two after the fact...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #38
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Look for Bowens foot to be under Amares Saturday
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #39
despurs
Decent playground baller

despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #40
timmyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Doesn't look intentional, this seems more like playoff postering than anything else... odd how this doesn't come out in the post game interviews, just a day or two after the fact...

amen to that dude... spurs are under a microscope all the time and if anything happens involving them its deemed dirty or rigged by the nba.
timmyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #41
goldgrill4me
Banned

Bowen is dirty. Anyone who denies that is either a spurs homer or full of ****. Bowen has repeatedly had these kind of issues with multiple players/coaches. If you watch the video and dont see Bowen kick Amare in the leg your trying not to notice it. Bowen is a good defender but he is always resorting to cheap/dirty tactics.

Anyone calling Amare a whiner is way out of line. After taking a season and a half to get into form after knee surgery. He has every right to be pissed about getting kicked in the leg.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #42
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrill4me

Anyone calling Amare a whiner is way out of line. After taking a season and a half to get into form after knee surgery. He has every right to be pissed about getting kicked in the leg.

Preach on goldie....

i agree with him...I'd be pissed too if it took a whole season to get back to form and then get kicked in the leg (maybe on purpose) as i'm landing...that shiz musta hurt
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:54 PM   #43
shok
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyD
amen to that dude... spurs are under a microscope all the time and if anything happens involving them its deemed dirty or rigged by the nba.

Ha ha.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #44
RagingBull33
I pooped a hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrclutch
Yes, but a few players call Bowen dirty, not the majority ; Kobe respects Bowen

And Amare is the 1st player to call Manu dirty ; if he is refering to kick in the balls incident, Manu didn't do that on purpose.

Amre is just crying
No, he called him dirty for the blatant leg-hold on Amare, when Amare was rolling to the basket.
RagingBull33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #45
Mrclutch

On ESPN - Sportscenter today

Alonzo Mourning :

"I would NOT call Bruce Bowen a dirty player due to the fact that I was also called a dirty player. Offensive players will say that because your're stopping them from doing what ever they want to do". He also said teams win with players like Bruce Bowen.

Mrclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: