Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: It's official. Clippers have largest 4th quarter playoff comeback in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    19 I believe.
    No way that was in the 4th. When the Lakers held their 24 pt lead it was like mid 2nd quarter and Boston had it in single digits by the 4th

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: It's official. Clippers have largest 4th quarter playoff comeback in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    No way that was in the 4th. When the Lakers held their 24 pt lead it was like mid 2nd quarter and Boston had it in single digits by the 4th
    Oh my bad dude. Okay... so then maybe that was one of biggest playoff comebacks in general? This is just 4th quarter comeback which IMO is much harder to do.

Quote Originally Posted by colorz
    I felt like a little girl running around the house when Gay missed his shot
    My neighbors came to my front door and I told them to go fvck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamLAC

Banned

Oh my bad dude. Okay... so then maybe that was one of biggest playoff comebacks in general? This is just 4th quarter comeback which IMO is much harder to do.
    I'm pretty certain it was the biggest comeback in finals history which makes it more depressing. But yeah a 4th quarter comeback is definitely harder to pull off. I was ecstatic seeing the Lakers comeback from 18 in the 4th against OKC and that was the regular season. Can only imagine how you must be feeling

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    I'm pretty certain it was the biggest comeback in finals history which makes it more depressing. But yeah a 4th quarter comeback is definitely harder to pull off. I was ecstatic seeing the Lakers comeback from 18 in the 4th against OKC and that was the regular season. Can only imagine how you must be feeling
    My stomach+chest+throat hurt like hell... I'll tell you that. I let out a primal yell so loud I feel like I may have torn a stomach muscle haha. I don't give a shit though right now.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Missed the game and I detest the Clippers, but this is impressive. Shows determination and a refusal to die. Very impressive for an inexperienced playoff squad.

Banned

So what were all the quotes about the game?

NBA Guru ‏ @NBAGuru Reply Retweet Favorite

Had the fam over so I had to lower my voice...but man....I was fukkin hyped! When Nick Young hit that second corner 3, it was almost like you knew we were gonna pull some epic ish and take the lead.

Video of entire comeback. "Anatomy of a 24 point comeback in 8 minutes".

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...-eight-minutes

BTW Clippers led the league this year in games won when being down double digits. So they do have a knack for it. Obviously THIS big of a comeback is a miracle/fluke... but if any team is going to do it right now they would be one of them.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 04-30-2012 at 01:32 AM.

College star

Clippers stopped trying to win games through dynamic dunks and instead played playoff basketball through their defense, which opened up fast break opportunities. Opportunities that CP3, Evans, Bledsoe, and Young were able to capitalize on.

I said it when they were getting blown out, and I'll say it again. Welcome to the playoffs, Clippers.

Banned

K watched the vid.. so basically, young made 5 threes in a row?

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Agree. I feel like the biggest dipshit for giving up on this game... but who the hell would expect a 27 point comeback vs an elite/great team? As I said... I'm truly humbled by this game. Which is why I'm not trolling anybody or talking trash at all despite this game.
    Memphis is not an elite team yet. They have potential, but they haven't gotten there yet. This year was supposed to define that.

That said, gratz on a historic comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamLAC
    then the neighbors came up on your face and you flopped like a bitch

Banned

I'm glad I didn't change the channel when the Clippers were getting waxed.