Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease lakersNUMBA1's Avatar

Default Lakers Next Head Coach: Mike Brown

Brian Shaw? Kurt Rambis?

Brian Shaw was given permission by the Lakers to talk to the Houston Rockets for the Head Coaching job.
    What do you think happens next? Do you think he will stay with the Lakers after Phil Jackson leaves? What about Kurt Rambis? He knows the Lakers just as much as all the other coaches on the Lakers now.

Who would you guys like to see be the next Head Coach?
    I prefer Brian Shaw!

Default Re: Lakers Next Head Coach? Brian Shaw?

Looks like it's Rick Adelman....which is why Shaw was allowed to interview at Houston. I'd take Adelman over Shaw........Rambis cannot coach.....sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Looks like it's Rick Adelman....which is why Shaw was allowed to interview at Houston. I'd take Adelman over Shaw........Rambis cannot coach.....sorry.
    Honestly, Adelman's princeton offense requires good jump shooters, and smart players. We have SOME smart players. We do NOT have jump shooters, and I dont know how his system helps our two big men in Bynum and Pau. I dont like this move if it happens.

Local High School Star

Shaw will be the next head coach. They gave the same permission for him to speak to the Cavs. The Lakers always give permission for their coaches to talk to other teams.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

I personally is ready to see Phil leave and the traingle. I stated all alone I would prefer Bryon Scott yes, I know he's with the cavs now.

Plus, we need a PG for next year. DF I have much respect for but it's time to bring him off the bench.
    Last edited by LA.MJ&KB#1; 04-30-2011 at 11:01 PM.

I think the Lakers are letting him talk, but in the end, they will sign him as head coach. This squad has played the triangle for years. This core will still be around for next year, why throw in Adelman when his whole offensive schemes will be different? I dont think the Lakers need a year of adapting to a new offense and system. Keep Shaw for now and keep the triangle in place

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I think the Lakers are letting him talk, but in the end, they will sign him as head coach. This squad has played the triangle for years. This core will still be around for next year, why throw in Adelman when his whole offensive schemes will be different? I dont think the Lakers need a year of adapting to a new offense and system. Keep Shaw for now and keep the triangle in place
    Insidehoops needs to have a "like" feature like facebook does because this post says everything.

Local High School Star

i prefer Adelman. of course a new system requires some new players and some learnung for the old players. But the Lakers should adjust and make some roster changes, but Phils "end" is the perfect time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Insidehoops needs to have a "like" feature like facebook does because this post says everything.
    couldnt agree any more. i personally do believe he will leave, but i couldnt see the triangle going anywhere with this laker team as long as kobe is on it.

BTW OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD! TIME FOR LAKERS vs MAVERICKS TOMORROW TONIGHT!

I don't see a chance in hell that Shaw will be able to control these guys nor get them to take the regular season the least bit seriously......if you think this regular season was bad......

Adelman is not glued to the Princeton offense at all, he'll run what's going to work best with the players he has. Offenses, other than the triangle are easy to learn....and most players have experience with most offenses.
    My AAU players have been taught several different offenses and defenses and can switch flawlesly immediately during games to take advantage of what the opponent is doing.

Adelman has given us a very tough time without the Lakers talent level......he is far more qualified than Shaw. With our Championship level team we need a proven coach. Shaw is a complete gamble.

I don't see a chance in hell that Shaw will be able to control these guys nor get them to take the regular season the least bit seriously......if you think this regular season was bad......

Adelman is not glued to the Princeton offense at all, he'll run what's going to work best with the players he has. Offenses, other than the triangle are easy to learn....and most players have experience with most offenses.
    My AAU players have been taught several different offenses and defenses and can switch flawlesly immediately during games to take advantage of what the opponent is doing.

Adelman has given us a very tough time without the Lakers talent level......he is far more qualified than Shaw. With our Championship level team we need a proven coach. Shaw is a complete gamble.
    Im sorry but Im biased against rookie coaches esp with regards to handling a high profile team like the Lakers. There's just too much risk, why take a chance on somebody who hasn't been there in the trenches esp when you have great pieces to win the championship for the next 4 yrs?
    I really like Adelman, everywhere he went, his team is always there, competing, disciplined, very organized, even their stars are injured like Yao, TMac etc. When he coached Portland, his team continued to win inspite of losing key players. Did good at Golden State and really well in Sacramento.
    Btw, I was in a heated discusssion with a smart/opinionated poster back in the Del Harris days in the aol lakers message board. He truly believed that Rick is one of the worst coaches ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
    Brian Shaw? Kurt Rambis?

What do you think happens next? Do you think he will stay with the Lakers after Phil Jackson leaves? What about Kurt Rambis? He knows the Lakers just as much as all the other coaches on the Lakers now.

Who would you guys like to see be the next Head Coach?
    I prefer Brian Shaw!
    I like a PROVEN coach. I know Dr Buss picked somebody like Rudy T who won 2 rings before, but that dude didn't really proved he can coach when he doesn't have Olajuwon.
    I also like Adelman. Jeff Van Gundy was good in BOTH NY and Houston.
    I think it was Jim Rome who guessed about 6 weeks ago that Coach K might consider jumping and coaching the Lakers bec he is tired to dealing with one and done players like Irving. Another reason is, he is losing his proven seniors. Lastly, he has nothing to prove. He won so much, there's no more challenge. I lot of it will hinge on Kobe. I heard Kobe is really close to Shaw but my gut tells me Buss would want a veteran tactician.

Local High School Star

Jackson is the only Big name time proven winning coach the Lakers have ever hired.

Riley rookie coach
    Dunleavy rookie coach
    Pfund rookie coach
    Harris .500 coach
    Jackson
    Tomjanovich 10 years removed from his title teams a .500 coach since
    Jackson
    Buss has always gambled on his coaches. He's not hiring Adleman and his archaic views of the game.

He'll hire Shaw because it's what the team wants. And Buss is loyal to those that are loyal to him. Shaw has the respect of the players and that's 90% of the battle. Adleman has lost every team he's ever coached.

[QUOTE=B

I think you're completely missing the point........they now realize how important a coach is and will not waste time on hit or miss rookie coaches like their past failures....which also includes Rambis.

IMO this team would fail under Shaw....he's not ready for this.
    were going to lose next year anyways, the lakers only when in 3's