Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Underdog

Default Re: Which player you base your game on?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Iverson. I am a monster on the break. I am also pretty good with oops as well.
    I hope you meant throwing alley oops. I don't remember the last time AI caught one.

Quote Originally Posted by LevisJeans
    I hope you meant throwing alley oops. I don't remember the last time AI caught one.
    Yes throwing. He has caught some in his career as well. It was either that or just a really bad pass and he caught and laid it up in mid-air.

who do you base your game on?

umm.. Imma Do me

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

A mixture of Tony Parker's quickness, I try to shoot like Kobe, but I mainly play like G-Force with more quickness and less athletism

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

I watch and study how Eric Gordon shoots so effortlessly by using his lower body and base and I also study how easy he gets to the rim

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I want to play like Gil or Tracy McGrady, but it's actually a lot closer to Antawn Jamison - threes, post ups, and finger rolls. I've been working really hard on getting a mid range game, though, and I always feel like Kobe or Paul Pierce any time I hit a fadeaway or a jumper off the dribble.

Banned

Kobe Cause I like to ISO a lot and i think they have made up a word for that , ballhog, lol.. but thank god kobe has change for the last 2 1/2 yrs.

I can't be a pg because I havn't mastered my left dribbling skill and i dribble the ball slow.. when we're running the fast break i always look down and dribble.

every time i try to execute an ISO play for myself , I call someone to hit me a screen and drive from the right side and spin/turn around like kobe.

like how he did against d-howard in the finals.

everytime im on the post i do it like shaq or kobe. i do the hook shot or shoot fadeaway.

i can read plays when my defense is set.

-NiCo

Saw a basketball once

dwyane wade. i like slashing in through people. i'm still working out building up some strength and confidence but once i do, i think i'll have a good combination to go with my relatively solid jump shooting.

DWade also has a sick sick crossover. i'm pretty damn fast but tend to bring the ball over right to left too quickly and turnover more often than acceptable. gotta work on my handles.

oh yea, another thing that mr. flash has on me: dunking. =D

NBA Superstar

Detroit Pistons' Grant Hill

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

You tell me;

Im pass first.

As far as shooting, Im good from the FT line and in, still dont have much range. My main skill scoring-wise is using quickness and driving in.

I can make most passes, Ive worked on getting the ball to someone in the hardest situations.

I try to make sure off the ball Im moving around trying to get open or whatever needs to be done.

As far as defense I like trying to play the passing lanes, but its good as long as I stay in front of my man and hold him down. Im not a very good offball defender(one of my larger flaws in my game) but Im working on my defense in a whole.

Yeah, who is that like?

I try to base lots of things I do off of Steve Nash, and its funny this thread was made because I do wonder what some good players to analyze.

5-time NBA All-Star

I'm some Tyrus Thomas's tenacity on rebounding, blocking, and post defense, mixed with Rip Hamilton's constant movement on offense, and RayRay's sweet stroke. Oh and Kobe's tenacious slashing too.

I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    You tell me;

Im pass first.

As far as shooting, Im good from the FT line and in, still dont have much range. My main skill scoring-wise is using quickness and driving in.

I can make most passes, Ive worked on getting the ball to someone in the hardest situations.

I try to make sure off the ball Im moving around trying to get open or whatever needs to be done.

As far as defense I like trying to play the passing lanes, but its good as long as I stay in front of my man and hold him down. Im not a very good offball defender(one of my larger flaws in my game) but Im working on my defense in a whole.

Yeah, who is that like?
    Andre Miller

Saw a basketball once

Thumbs up Re: Which player you base your game on?

Paul Pierce. Watched him since he was drafted in the NBA. Take and make 3s with confidence, mid-range jumpshots, short ones, all kinds of moves to get open, glide to the rim fling it off the glass and finish with contact. Get on a roll and take over games, play badly at first but not get down emotionally, then pick it up and win. Play non-flashy, underrated good hard defense bothering shots and getting deflections & steals. Be a good teammate and pass the ball, get everyone involved. Move well without the ball, talk on defense, compliment good plays. The one thing PP doesn't do much that I do, is post up and use pivot moves.

A basketball role model, it's "The Truth"

Learning to shoot layups 5foot6's Avatar

nate robinson cuz i can get up there

Sasha Vujacic. I just wait for threes and play excellent defense.