I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease King1991nba's Avatar

Default Isiah Thomas Greatest Games: 30 Points, 20 Assists vs Lakers (1985)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAY09z7jfco

Isiah Thomas (30 points, 20 assists, 4 steals, 14/20 FG) killed the Lakers in Silverdome with his jumpshots, great playmaking and really good defense. LA won the title that year, but they got their heads handed to them by the Pistons in their worst defeat of the 84/85 season.

A crowd of 23,475 and a national television audience saw Isiah Thomas wreck the Lakers, personally accounting for 70 of the 94 points the Pistons scored when he was on the floor.

Riley said Thomas' game was by far the best he had ever played against the Lakers, who picked the same time to play their poorest game of the season.

Pistons won the game 121:98.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...501130DET.html

Default Re: Isiah Thomas Greatest Games: 30 Points, 20 Assists vs Lakers (1985)

"whatever we didn't have in talent, we made up for it with our hearts."

or something like that.

Isiah is great and I believe was blackballed somewhat from the league.

It's weird how once Detroit started winning, he started losing. His All-NBA appearances went away. His MVP votes started dwindling down. For another player, the complete opposite would happen.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Wasn't it questioned during that time if he was even the best player on those great Pistons teams? He or Dumars.

All I know is that other players didn't like him because he was an asshole. And not a favorable asshole like Jordan and a bunch of other athletes either.