Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Shannon and Kwame Brown could become Heat

Shannon Brown would be a perfect fit in my opinion. Better than Battier even.

Brown would give the Heat some athleticism and speed off the bench. They were really lacking that the past season. The Heat were great when they played in transition, but apart from Wade and James, lacked fast wingplayers that could run and finish on the break. When they took one of these guys out, their offensive gameplan really changed (which makes sense of course).

Battier would add defense and veteran leadership to the team, but the team already had both this past season. He would be a good shooter on the wing, but the team already had a few of those also. Brown is no slouch defensively and showed the ability to hit the outside shot also. Much better fit.

My friend calls Match Barnes, Snitch Barnes because he left Orlando to go to LA (two teams that just met in the finals back then). I don

Yeah, Shannon Brown is a perfect fit for Miami. There are going to be a lot of games play this year and most likely the Big 3's minutes will be monitored closely. They need young, athletic guards that can eat up some minutes and also compliment them perfectly(fastbreaks, cutting, spot up shooting etc.). Just don't let him handle the ball.....

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    No. The oldies(Bibby, Dampier, Magloire, Howard, Big Z) ain't playing anymore. My team has enough young blood that the Heat is capable of contending for years to come.
    Ok it's obvious you don't actually read posts on these forums. I'll most likely never engage in dialogue with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Ok it's obvious you don't actually read posts on these forums. I'll most likely never engage in dialogue with you again.
    I'm not doubting their resilience but when that's your core group of veterans I think your in trouble.

he's good for transition points but he's a really streaky shooter. i also don't get why people call him good defensively. he has terrible closeout defense on shooters. he basically puts his head down and runs at the shooter's knees, not even really contesting the shot. how a pro is that fundamentally bad is beyond me. when LA got him, i thought he was going to blossom into a pretty good defender. he shows glimpses but he doesn't have the focus to be a good defender. you can't just have the physical tools to be a good defender....you have to have the focus, effort and drive. brown lacks those.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 12-07-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Banned

Lol Heat need Shannon's veteran championship experience to help teach Bosh and Lebron to become winners

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    he's good for transition points but he's a really streaky shooter. i also don't get why people call him good defensively. he has terrible closeout defense on shooters. he basically puts his head down and runs at the shooter's knees, not even really contesting the shot. how a pro is that fundamentally bad is beyond me. he shows glimpses but he doesn't have the focus to be a good defender.
    it's like in the sixth sense, people see what they want to see

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

please no shannon brown. he got some nice dunks but his decision making is terrible.

hopefully they get battier and kwame.

I can see Shannon as a bench PG, but Kwame is a scrub.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

getting both of those guys would hurt miami

Joel Anthony > Kwame

Local High School Star

both guys are options for if Dalbert and Battier fall through; I'm not particularly fond of either of them.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I don't see Shannon getting any more minutes in Miami, than he was in L.A. So why the hell should he sign there?

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Chucker Brown? That's terrible. Not even a little clever or funny.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Yeah, but I also want a center who can make shots for their own. He just doesn't fit that criteria.
    Dalembert doesn't either being honest