Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Once again I feel like posting gifs of random clips I have no other use for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    On that one I probably should have made it longer. He clearly meant to do it in advance. He went to pick him up a second earlier but they fumbled the ball. he kept his hands on his waist then let go as he gathered the ball then put them back and lifted him. He had time to think about it.
    Was it caught by the refs or did they get away with it?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Once again I feel like posting gifs of random clips I have no other use for.

Refs didnt do anything. Im not sure they could. Crowd loved it and the bench went crazy.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I remember you posted a gif of Grandpa Simpson walking in and out of the Burlesque House, do you have that still? I could use it for an email I'm writing.

I know some aren't gifs, but whatever.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

thank you.

NBA rookie of the year

Those ****ing Clippers....

LOL I was like "who is that? He has springs." Then I noticed the boost.

Offseason so....

NBA rookie of the year

Offseason so....

That play has always reminded me so much of the famous Dr. J reverse from the '80 Finals. If you look at the MJ play full screen, you can see that the defender (Todd Day, iirc) actually slaps either the ball or MJ's arm (I forget which) and gets a piece of it, but MJ's grip is strong enough to maintain control of the ball, with one hand. Sick.

Yea it was Todd.

One of my favorite dunks of all time.

owwwww

god that MJ move is so sick.

osb mentioned dr. j so I was reminded to post this...my favorite Dr. J dunk that usually gets no love in mixes...

vs. Knicks in '84. He was 34 when he did this (also was in a slam dunk contest and jumped from free throw line that year). I don't know how anyone can retain this much athleticism into their mid 30s. Makes no sense. Did anyone get more extension on these poster dunks than Dr. J? Vince is the only one I can think of.

Overrated

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    god that MJ move is so sick.

osb mentioned dr. j so I was reminded to post this...my favorite Dr. J dunk that usually gets no love in mixes...

vs. Knicks in '84. He was 34 when he did this (also was in a slam dunk contest and jumped from free throw line that year). I don't know how anyone can retain this much athleticism into their mid 30s. Makes no sense. Did anyone get more extension on these poster dunks than Dr. J? Vince is the only one I can think of.
    Dr. J also had a knee injury or surgery in his late 20's iirc. Amazing that he could still sky like that at an advanced age. Look at how he barely flexes his knees before launching into the air off the short hop step. Reminds me of MJ in that regard in that both of them could get serious air without really flexing their knees and bending/winding up for the jump. If you watch guys like VC and Nique, they flex their knees way more. I think it has to do with fast twitch muscles. An example of the lack of knee bend from MJ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVUXJ8Q7ehY#t=0m7s

Watch the second replay in particular.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 06-19-2010 at 04:19 AM.

Bol'd over