Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Erick Dampier close to signing with the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    And....it still won't make a difference this year.

but JO makes a difference in Boston?

The anti-heat stance many of you have taken makes you look stupid. He's a good rebounder and has size. That's what Miami needs. But it wont make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    atleast we can now hang with the Celtics.. we will destroy/annihalate the Magic. We will hang tight with the Lakers. Length in the front court is not an issue anymore.
    Hang with the Celtics? Yes obviously the destroyer of worlds Dampier will do that for you! and he'll crush D12!!!! and help you with the Lakers because...you know he's Erica Dampier! destroyer of big man! Big league dominator!

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove

but JO makes a difference in Boston?

The anti-heat stance many of you have taken makes you look stupid. He's a good rebounder and has size. That's what Miami needs. But it wont make a difference.
    I said he'd help them in games, but he's not a game changer.

I said he'd help them in games, but he's not a game changer.
    They dont need a game changer when they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Why would they need a game changer when they have three all-stars headed to the HOF?

They dont need a game changer when they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Why would they need a game changer when they have three all-stars headed to the HOF?
    Because they obviously can't beat teams with a legit point guard and center.

I'd also add that Bosh's HOF resume isn't that good. Yeah he's got a gold medal, and been to the playoffs what once? And lost in the sweet 16 I believe so that's not helping him either.
    Last edited by Rose; 11-22-2010 at 06:48 PM.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

BOSH IS SMILING RIGHT NOW !!!! ...

Hang with the Celtics? Yes obviously the destroyer of worlds Dampier will do that for you! and he'll crush D12!!!! and help you with the Lakers because...you know he's Erica Dampier! destroyer of big man! Big league dominator!
    Heat had close games with the Celtics and crushed Orlando already. Dampier isn't the reason for that - Heat are already that good. Laker's struggled with the Heat prior to Lebron and Bosh due to our excellent defensive schemes working well against the triangle.

Dampier would be a minor signing but helpful none the less. He'll provide true size and split time with Z and Anthony.

The reason Heat will contend for the title this season is great defence and offensive chemistry growing as the season progresses towards the playoffs.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TDPrime2030
    What exactly is this guy going to be good for? Fouls against Dwight Howard? He is a big body and that's it. He is not someone like Reggie Evans, a.k.a someone they need.
    hes a huge upgrade .. thats how bad Joel Anthony has been

That is far from obvious at this stage.

They dont need a game changer when they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Why would they need a game changer when they have Two Superstars headed to the HOF?
    Bosh has shown nothing that implies he'll ever be a hall of famer

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He's a smart signing assuming the deal is consummated. He potentially helps inside, and what do they have to lose by bringing him in?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Heat had close games with the Celtics and crushed Orlando already. Dampier isn't the reason for that - Heat are already that good. Laker's struggled with the Heat prior to Lebron and Bosh due to our excellent defensive schemes working well against the triangle.

Dampier would be a minor signing but helpful none the less. He'll provide true size and split time with Z and Anthony.

The reason Heat will contend for the title this season is great defence and offensive chemistry gorwing as the season progresses towards the playoffs.
    The Celtics fairly easily beat the Heat. Orlando got destroyed I admit that. But imagine if teams like the Grizzlies are giving the Heat trouble who while talented, are underachievers, and literally EVERY team is gunning for them and to try and beat them. Imagine what the Lakers will do?

I think the Heat are contenders this year, but this signing isn't OMG game changer. And their defense has been getting worse as the season has gone on. And I haven't really noticed a change in chemistry. It goes from being weird on offense to Cleveland ball. That doesn't help you win a title. I think they'll obviously get the kinks worked out. But by the time they get back Mike Miller, they then have to get used to Haslem being back on the roster. and getting back in the rotation which will cause another slight but noticable disruption in chemistry. I just don't see them winning it this year. Obviously having Wade can help you win any and every series, but I don't think they have the right pieces to win it all this year.

Next year's the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Bosh has shown nothing that implies he'll ever be a hall of famer
    Except that he is a 5 time allstar elite power forward and half way through his career, and now in a position to win titles.

I'd also add that Bosh's HOF resume isn't that good. Yeah he's got a gold medal, and been to the playoffs what once? And lost in the sweet 16 I believe so that's not helping him either.
    He's been to the playoff twice.

The Miami heat have beaten the Magic, are Nelson and Dwight not legit?

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Except that he is a 5 time allstar elite power forward and half way through his career, and now in a position to win titles.
    ditto ..