Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers to target Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
    i wounder why.... vets min... know the system... i know they are not used much but nice to have as back ups.
    They are taking up 2 roster spots and Phil REFUSES to play them. Dude worked Pau like a rented mule and let Andrew hop around on one leg instead of even giving those guys an opportunity. They have no use on this team if Phil returns...

Default Re: Lakers to target Steve Blake, Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour this summer

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Enough with this crap. Lakers need a perimeter player besides Kobe who can penetrate and get his own shot. I don't like any of these guys in that regard...
    yall Lakers fans are so f*cking greedy man.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000000
    Steve Blake and Ridnour would both be a phenomenal addition. Oh man, yeah! WTG!!!

But Mitch better bring Morrison back.
    Or karma will bite him in the ass. Morrison is our human victory cigar. Lakers haven't won a ring before they acquired Morrison and it's for a good reason. It's not a coincidence!! Keep Morrison, Mitch!!!
    why? Morrison is f*cking horrible.

Steve Blake will be perfect for the triangle because of his shooting.......I'd love to see fisher return to the lakers(this time, as a backup PG)......

IMO, shannon brown is a "must sign" for the team..

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker09
    Steve Blake will be perfect for the triangle because of his shooting.......I'd love to see fisher return to the lakers(this time, as a backup PG)......

IMO, shannon brown is a "must sign" for the team..
    i agree

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe4life
    is this the best they can do?
    They only have the MLE to use (unless they trade)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Blake would be a great move. He is a solid defender and makes great decisions. He also has a great basketball I.Q. Plus, he is an underated shooter, even more so when compared to Fish. I would think that he would be too costly for the Lakers.. but if they could pick him up, it would be a stellar addition. Lakers dont need a prolific or star player at the point, they merely need one who can be a compliment at that position.

Raymond Felton is a curious possibility. I dont think he does well when the pressure is on to score and be the main man. However he is a decent defender and a capable passer. With the spotlight being on many other guys with the Lakers, he could possibly thrive as a role player.
    am i only only person who thinks that Steve Blake's IQ is nothing spectacular?

Banned

Go for Ridnour! The other two are worse then Fisher is by a long shot.

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    Nate Robinson? Would cost the MLE or more though.
    Lakers don't need that midget chucker

Quote Originally Posted by I am that I am
    We should go hard after Darren Collison who the Hornets are apparently and stupidly shopping
    You are the only one who is stupid. They aren't actively shopping him. What they are doing is being open about including him to facilitate a deal which gets rid of Okafor and Posey.

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    Between Steve Blake and Darron Collison, who's better for the Lakers?
    Steve Blake without a question. He can hit the open 3 and also plays good defense. NO isn't going to give up Collison for nothing anyways.. I believe NO was trying to trade Collison in some sort of package deal with Peja or Morris Peterson or something

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Enough with this crap. Lakers need a perimeter player besides Kobe who can penetrate and get his own shot. I don't like any of these guys in that regard...
    AMEN! Kobe's showing signs of slowing down a bit (don't know how much the knee has to do with that)

We need a 2nd option to him and also more athleticism at the 3... Walton just aint cutting it off the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    yall Lakers fans are so f*cking greedy man.

How is that greed? It IS a need that the Lakers should address. They arent talking about some mega star player, but someone fairly exceptional that can give Kobe rest during key points of the game without completely blowing leads. LA has an awful bench, and Kobe cannot be depended on to play extended minutes anymore. Its really that simple. Do you watch the games?

Blake would be perfect on that team.

Blake would be absolutely perfect. If they could land him, it would be a subtle signing that would make them even BETTER.

I think at this point in the game, if you had Blake starting, and Fish coming off the bench, it would be perfect.