Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Johnson Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    KCP has done far better than I thought he would this season. There's still a little hope for him. Honestly, he looks better out there than McLemore does right now. So I'm glad he'll not be losing minutes to Joe Johnson. Let the young guys develop still.
    He looks better in every aspect of the game than Mclemore does, Mclemore just looks like he is coasting...

KCP played great today

Yes indeed he did! In fact he has played GREAT in both games with Reggie starting at PG.

Only 2 games, but it is a good sign right?..

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yes indeed he did! In fact he has played GREAT in both games with Reggie starting at PG.

Only 2 games, but it is a good sign right?..
    right.

Decent college freshman

Its going to be tough for Monroe/Jackson/Drummond to co-exist. Only 2 of them can likely stay. The spacing is just too awful

Random stat I saw today btw. With Jennings,Drummond and Monroe on the floor post Smith we were second to only GS in points per possession

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Its going to be tough for Monroe/Jackson/Drummond to co-exist. Only 2 of them can likely stay. The spacing is just too awful

Random stat I saw today btw. With Jennings,Drummond and Monroe on the floor post Smith we were second to only GS in points per possession
    Wow, that's an impressive stat. Of course Jennings was on a tear for that streak too. It would have been nice to see if he could have kept it up for the season. Maybe with Jennings back next season the spacing could be better??? The last few articles I've read have said there's a chance that Monroe comes back. I still see it as a long shot though.

I like the fact that we are pretty much on a "try before you buy" basis with Jackson. If he looks like a great fit here, we can sign him to a long term deal, if he doesn't look like a considerably upgrade to Jennings - we have no pressure to sign him as we have Jennings on the books for at-least one more year...

Keeping Dre / Moose front court is way more important than keeping Jackson in my opinion.

Jackson has about 20 games left to prove himself to be worth a long term deal,

Perfect world We sign Moose to long term deal, Jackson goes, Jennings plays next year with Dinwiddie getting heavy minutes as an apprentice and then the following year the era of Dinwiddie begins ;)

NBA lottery pick

In a perfect world we wouldn't have traded for Jackson and we would have continued to lose a ton of games and ended up with a top 3 pick and hopefully landed a guy like Mudiay or Russell. Now we're very mediocre. I've said it for a while but it's the worst place to be in the NBA.

Yes ^ You say it every second comment you make lol, you are right though - about mediocracy is the worst place to be. But even you would admit that we were never going to be in line for a top 3 pick this year, would have been lucky to get into the top 10 even without the trade.

I don't see any harm in the trade - there are no long term commitments, it definitely shows a commitment by SVG to win and make the playoffs without sacrificing our future.

NBA lottery pick

I think we're right around 11 or 12 right now. Top 3 might have been a long shot since the Pistons really do have a better lineup than the Lakers, 76ers, and Knicks. But it was still a possibility. Heck even if it was top 7 we would have had a chance at a good player. There's a lot of bigs there if Monroe is really going to walk. If not there are a few good wing players that are moving up the draft boards. It would have really filled a need. Instead we're going to win just enough games again. I'm just really frustrated with this team right now.

I think you have to let SVG have some more time to sculpt this team - and we are VERY young, too. This team was neglected for 3 or 4 years in the final blow by Dumars and some questionable coaching candidates - it was a DEEP hole to rise up from. We are now starting to see some of the potential we have building around Dre and perhaps Moose next to him aswel - we just need more years with SVG at the helm and I think we could have something special...

If Moose happens to leave - I say we pursue Draymond Green HARD - already stated he'd love to play for us. Which brings me to my next question - who would you rather - Moose or Green? Complete different players, some people are picking Green for DPOY and he can shoot the long ball. But Moose is just so good offensively in the paint... hrmm

NBA lottery pick

SVG has made a lot of moves that I already didn't agree with. It's been very disappointing.

I want to see what Green does in the playoffs. That will tell us a lot about his game.

*Gets rid of the cancer Josh Smith and we INSTANTLY become a far superior team (Should get GM of the year on this move alone!!) ha

*Trades for Tolliver who as turned out to be a very handy role player for us

*Drafts Dinwiddie, that we ALL were very happy about and he actually looks to be a damn fine player

*Brings in Reggie Jackson - someone with more potential to a) help us make the playoffs this year and b) turn out to be a stud long term, than any of the outgoing players - without any long term commitments to him.

*Sign Meeks - although on a fairly substantial contract, he has been a great go to scorer off the bench - I think he is a good piece to the puzzle,

All in all it has been a positive year in terms of moves that we have made compared to the ben gordons, allen iversons, charlie V's, josh smith type moves that took this franchise south.... SVG has done well,

NBA lottery pick

Signing Meeks, wasn't good. I'm just not that impressed with his game. I've seen him in LA and now Detroit. He's just a role player.

Trading for Reggie is something that's to be determined. I think it sets us back this season for sure. Making a playoff push for the 8 seed is so dumb. Hopefully Reggie develops into a good player. Thus far he hasn't looked any better than Augustin. Augustin at least knows his role in the NBA. He doesn't mind coming off the bench. I really liked having a high end backup PG like that.

Dinwiddie has had a couple moments but it's impossible to say where his career will take him at this point. Stuckey looked like our PG of the future when he was a rookie too. Overall we haven't seen much of Dinwiddie.

Yes ^ I loved having Augustin too, he is (in my opinion) the best back up PG in the league to have on your team. The only reason we traded for Reggie is because he has the chance to be more than that though, he has a chance to be a stud - time will tell - best thing about the trade though is that we don't have to keep him if we don't think he fits - we get a 30 game snapshot of what it could look like moving forward with him. Much smarter than just signing him to a long term deal in the offseason,

And yeah I totally agree with you, we haven't seen too much of Dinwiddie, but I think it's safe to say every fan of the Pistons likes what they see. That game against Rose, man, he looked like a seasoned vet. He looks well and truly over his college injury, and remember he was a projected top 10 pick in this deep draft. Might be the gem of the draft in a couple of year time, who knows how he pans out but I sure am happy we drafted him