Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is Michael Jordan one of the most well known athletes ever ?

I was having a debate with my buddy earlier on about mj being one of the best known athlete of all time. I just think everyone knows you mj is, people who don

Banned

Default Re: Is Michael Jordan one of the most well known athletes ever ?

Michael Jordan was hyped and believe it or not, he's overrated, in terms of people saying he's the "undisputed" greatest of all time player. Nike and other products that he endorsed made his legacy in the world.

The reason why kids still know who he is because of his shoes. His shoes are being endorsed by other superstars and is keeping his name relevant.

MJ is very insecure where he wants his name out there till he dies, while other players like Magic, Bird and Kareem know what they meant to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    Michael Jordan was hyped and believe it or not, he's overrated, in terms of people saying he's the "undisputed" greatest of all time player. Nike and other products that he endorsed made his legacy in the world.

The reason why kids still know who he is because of his shoes. His shoes are being endorsed by other superstars and is keeping his name relevant.

MJ is very insecure where he wants his name out there till he dies, while other players like Magic, Bird and Kareem know what they meant to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Maybe he is a Kobe fanboy, but he has his points right there.
    It was never THAT clear that MJ is the GOAT. Go out there and ask a usual basketball fan who's the GOAT basketball player. They'll say MJ and it's not even close. While everyone here knows that Wilt, Russell, KAJ, are not that far from MJ in terms of being 'great'.
    On topic, Michael Jordan is definitely one of the most well known athletes ever, if not the most. I'm from Europe, and everybody, even people who have never played/watched basketball in their lives, know who MJ was.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jimmyzegg's Avatar

You just said that MJ is insecure and people are supposed to take you seriously?

Also if you think shoes are "the reason" why kids know who he is you're crazy.

I agree with you at least that his ridiculous amount of marketing and endorsements have a lot to do with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyzegg
    You just said that MJ is insecure and people are supposed to take you seriously?

Also if you think shoes are "the reason" why kids know who he is you're crazy.

I agree with you at least that his ridiculous amount of marketing and endorsements have a lot to do with it.
    Yes, Jordan is insecure because it showed during the hall of fame speech..... "We already know, MJ...you are one of the best"

Yes, it's the shoes or how would 8 year olds know who he is? It's not because of his basketball skills that these kids witnessed.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore jimmyzegg's Avatar

Yes, Jordan is insecure because it showed during the hall of fame speech..... "We already know, MJ...you are one of the best"

Yes, it's the shoes or how would 8 year olds know who he is? It's not because of his basketball skills that these kids witnessed.
    People don't talk about MJ the shoe guy, they talk about MJ the basketball player. You can't be serious. Do you really think people would buy his shoes or he would even still have a shoe brand if it wasn't for his basketball skills? And you wonder why your bar is red.

Oh, and I guess you have a degree in psychology since you can tell by a speech that the most successful basketball player (in terms of career achievements as well as business success) of all time is insecure.

Who?

Banned

[QUOTE=usama123]I was having a debate with my buddy earlier on about mj being one of the best known athlete of all time. I just think everyone knows you mj is, people who don

College star

he is amongst the most notable athletes of all time. idk he his on top. He globalized basketball.

He is among the most well known athletes ever, but Pele > MJ

I am Chris Wilcox

Ali, Jordan, Pele and Beckham are probably the four most well known athletes ever.

Everyone knows who they are, everyone knows what they done/do, everyone knows their name and what sport they endorse. You can put their name on anything and it will sell. Just look at NBA 2k11 with Jordan on the front. That game is going to sell better than any other sports game, just because of Jordan. People who never regularly buy the game, will buy this year, just because of Jordan.

Also, I hate to say it, but TheLogo is right with what he says, but then again, even a broken clock is broken twice a day. Jordan wants his name on everything, he wants as much money as he can get, he wants to be relevant and he wants to be known as the greatest ever.

When I was like 5, I used to get him and that other MJ, the one that grabbed his nuts all the time, mixed up all the time...

id say when he was playing he was defiantly the most well known athlete in the world- all time, i dunno but unquestionably hes up there.

Quote Originally Posted by usama123
    I was having a debate with my buddy earlier on about mj being one of the best known athlete of all time. I just think everyone knows you mj is, people who do like sports know who mj is.. people like all around the world know who mj is young kids, like my 7 year old cuzin knows mj but he doesn’t know who kobe is or lbj is… I put this theory to the test once also my asking my moms aunt whose like 70 if she knew who mj was and obv she did however had no clue who kobe was..
    What do you guys think ??
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]A grammatically correct, properly spelled, and appropriately worded alternative to the post above might read as follows:

I was recently debating my buddy on Michael Jordan's status as one of the best known athletes of all time. I believe everyone knows who MJ is, even people who do not follow sports. Even young kids around the world have heard of MJ. For example, my 7-year-old cousin is familiar with MJ. However, he is not familiar with Kobe Bryant or Lebron James. To further confirm my theory, I asked my 70-year-old great aunt the same question. She also was familiar with MJ, but was unfamiliar with Kobe Bryant. What is your opinion on this subject?

Spell&Grammar
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by Spell&Grammar; 10-01-2010 at 09:21 AM.