Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Spurs(with Aldridge) v Thunder v Cavs...Who wins the chip this year?

Looks a pretty tight battle between these 3.

Still give the slight edge to the Cavs, better chemistry and the Lebron/Cavs 1st championship narrative.

I don't see anyone else winning it barring major trades.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Spurs(with Aldridge) v Thunder v Cavs...Who wins the chip this year?

Lol change the Cavs to the Warriors

anyhow, I say OKC wins it next year. They are loaded, finally have a good coaching staff, have the chemistry, just seems like it's their year.

Default Re: Spurs(with Aldridge) v Thunder v Cavs...Who wins the chip this year?

If healthy, Spurs takes it. Pop and Spurs FO

Thunder.....barring any injuries obv

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

warriors ez

Warriors

Bulls

Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Warriors
    I just don't see how they can get past a healthy OKC team.

Durant is just too damn good and I think a lot of people have forgotten that because of him missing most of last year.

I mean for like 2 out of 3 years (because of the Westbrook injury) OKC walked into the WCF and it took Durant getting hurt and OKC missing the playoffs this year for people realizing how hard that shit actually is. If he's healthy they are a WCF lock at worst, and it just seems like Durant always grills the Warriors.

NBA rookie of the year

I'll root for who ever has the best chance of beating Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld

Durant is just too damn good and I think a lot of people have forgotten that because of him missing most of last year.

I mean for like 2 out of 3 years (because of the Westbrook injury) OKC walked into the WCF and it took Durant getting hurt and OKC missing the playoffs this year for people realizing how hard that shit actually is. If he's healthy they are a WCF lock at worst, and it just seems like Durant always grills the Warriors.

Uhh, were it not for a Zbo suspension that was kind of bullshit OKC wouldn't have made it out the first round the year before this past season. They got SCRAPED by the same Grizz the year prior.

I have no doubts we will knock OKC the **** out in the playoffs next season if that so happens.
    Last edited by oarabbus; 07-04-2015 at 04:55 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld

Pretty sure we've matched OKC fairly well throughout the regular season these last 1-2 seasons. Also, if the Warriors were to ever fall into an early hole against OKC I'm sure Kerr would adjust like he did against Memphis. I have no clue who OKC's coach is right now, but he better be good if they want a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Uhh, were it not for a Zbo suspension that was kind of bullshit OKC wouldn't have made WCF.

I have no doubts we will knock OKC the **** out in the playoffs next season if that so happens.
    Lol a lot of things happen that change what happens in the league. Just isolating one incident and acting like one team benefits from that while no other teams benefit from anything is dumb.

Whatever bias OKC received from the refs/league/whoever was negated whenver the playoffs hit by having a moron of a head coach for all those years. You saw it whenever Westbrook went down that one year and Brooks had to adjust on the fly. His only response was to run Durant at PG while having him defend Marc Gasol

So yeah, I think it'd be a huge mistake to view this OKC team in the same light in the past. In the past yeah, it didn't matter, they made it to the WCF off of starpower alone. Now though, they are deeper than they've ever been with what appears to be (and it can't really be any worse) a much improved coaching staff.

I'm just saying, the Warriors went from first round exit to champs without any serious roster changes, just a coaching staff overhaul.

The Thunder are coming from being a perennial contender for the past 3 years or so while having the best player in the league in his prime.... a much higher low than the Warriors ascended from.