Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Rondo signs 1 year, $10 million deal with the Kings

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    there is no logic.

they literally traded away real assets and valuable pick/pick swaps all to do 2 things:

1. allow remaining free agents to use you as a means to drive up their value only to never sign with a joke franchise like the kings

2. sign Rondo on a 1 year deal that isn't worth it unless you win the title

logic? nope...
    Vlade swung for the fences he wanted Wes/someone else he knows the reality is if the Kings have another shocking season all the picks/trash we traded to Philly is completely irreverent cause we will get a ton of picks/young talented players back for DMC (when he forces his way out assuming this season is shit) and Rudy Gay.Rondo being a 1 year thing opens up cap space.

On the other hand Rondo could keep DMC in Sacrament if (I doubt it) the can get it together.

It's a low risk move that could have high benefits if Rondo gets his shit together otherwise with Landry/Thompon/Nik we are still missing the playoffs and we have the same thing occurring.

People are completely missing the point on what he tried to do (which somewhat backfired). The reason was giving that shit up is completely irrelvent since if things go south it's a complete rebuild on the way and we have assets to get the rebuild going.

I would have liked to trade Rudy Gay in package for Lawson/Chandler but that's me but I don't think what Vlade did was that bad he had a go and he got a back up plan.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 07-04-2015 at 02:49 AM.

interesting, that nearly everyone on the kings forum is very excied abut rondo. they see in rondo, DMC, belinelli and Gay a team that can easily compete for at least the 7--8th place.

Most of them think, that due to the only 1 year deal, rondo hast to behaviour etc for getting a huge deal after that contract and that sacramento would be his last chance, because if he will fail there in sacramaento, nobody will sign him in the future

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You misunderstand.

Players feign interest in the Kings so the Kings offer big money...then the player takes that offer back to a real team and says:

"I won't make you pay that much, but up your offer a bit or I'm taking that offer"

Matthews and Ellis definitely had their value driven up by the Kings.
    bingo.

You'd think Vlade OF ALL PPL would realize no FA worth his salt would sign w/ Sac.

Those early 00s great Sac teams (that Vlade was part of, *cough cough*) were built via the draft and TRADES.

Kings should've traded Cousins for Russell + Randle or Lawson + Faried 2 weeks ago, set some sort of foundation. But no... I get Vivek wants to win now, but it just won't happen via FAcy...

seriously

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar