Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose doesnt recruit players and never will

Any definite time set for his return? I miss watching Rose play.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

As a Knick fan you never want to like anyone in a Bulls uniform but Rose is one of my favorite guys in the entire league.

Hes old school, a hard worker, and an independent thinker; i respect people like that.

Despite what the 10 year olds on this site say....hes all heart. He did the right thing waiting till he was completely healed; hes 24 years old and has another 10 years ahead of him. Why risk 10 productive years for a few weeks in a season that was all but over?

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    first game of preseason vs pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Likely to return for the preseason opener on Oct 5 against the Pacers...

In all honesty, I just want to see him out there for the first game of the NBA season.

i really enjoy reading the smart comments about rose and none of that troll garbage that use to fill up every rose thread a few months back.

I like his mentality to a certain extent, but I hope he enjoys smelling Lebron and Wade's farts for a couple more seasons

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    I'm a Bulls fan, and a Rose fan. But let's keep it real here. In 20 years nobody is going to look at Lebron's resume and say, yeah he was good but he recruited other players to his team, (or even worse, he 'joined forces with 2 other superstars..') we'll just be looking at the MVPs, rings, FMVPs etc and say he was great. A guy like Melo who hasn't won much yet, and let's pretend like he won't win much in his entire career.. He'll most likely be forgotten or be called a loser who couldn't get it done. (Let's not get into whether he is or isn't that)

Basically what I'm saying is, this talk might sound great now, but it'll all be forgotten with time and then a player will be judged by his achievements. Which are a lot easier to get with a great team around you.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I love how Rose fans applaud him for not recruiting but you damn well know if he would have been successful in recruiting wade or lebron to chicago in 2010 everybody would be applauding him for helping his franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    As a Knick fan you never want to like anyone in a Bulls uniform but Rose is one of my favorite guys in the entire league.

Hes old school, a hard worker, and an independent thinker; i respect people like that.

Despite what the 10 year olds on this site say....hes all heart. He did the right thing waiting till he was completely healed; hes 24 years old and has another 10 years ahead of him. Why risk 10 productive years for a few weeks in a season that was all but over?

Because unlike the Shitty New York Knickersuxers. The Bulls won an NBA Series without Derrick Rose. You are an arrogant douche. You and Blueandorange *** are probably the same poster.

Dirk >>> Carmelo in scoring. He's the only elite player in his draft class who has zero rings and finals appearance.

Kobe called Nash last off season and convinced Nash to come to LA doesn't make him any less competitive
    Last edited by #number6ix#; 09-19-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    I still don't think the way LBJ, Wade and Bosh went about things was the right way of doing it. I mean, that sort of a union, it was unprecedented, it has never happened before. It's a reason why people were so upset when it happened, and it wasn't all out of jealousy either. The fact that you have three allstars, already playing in a relatively weak conference, having talks for years about joining forces, and assuming they would win countless rings by doing so, was a copout - an easy way out IMO. Although we have all come to sort of accept it now, it doesn't mean we have to forget about it.

But I guess this is the new NBA, where anything goes in order to win a championship. Lebron has openly admitted that he thinks acting and flopping is okay as long as it produces a win, so I can totally understand why he thought it was a good idea to join two allstars in order to beat the Celtics. IMO it is cheapening the game, but I guess I'm more of a purist than most.
    Right now people haven't forgotten it yet, but how long do you think it'll take? Already we see topics pop up here on ISH claiming Lebron is on his way to becoming one of the GOATs and we're still right in the middle of it now.

College superstar

We'll see how he feels in a few years. LeBron wasn't recruiting players 3-4 years into his career either. At some point you recognize you are up against a clock and you do what you need to do to get a ring. I guess maybe Rose doesn't want it as bad as some other guys do.

And I don't want to hear about Rose's heart and determination any more. Noah was apoplectic about the possibilty of missing playoff games and willed himself through a nasty plantar fascia injury to play when no one else could/would (and went for 24/14 w 6 BL in G7). Deng got a spinal tap so he could get back on the court faster and it almost killed him. Literally. He almost died. And yet, the guy who was the best player on the floor in practice FOR MONTHS doesn't WANT to come back? THEN YOU ARE NOT A WARRIOR ANYMORE. You are just a marketing utensil. Don't ever tell me about your heart again.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    i really enjoy reading the smart comments about rose and none of that troll garbage that use to fill up every rose thread a few months back.
    You consistently post some of the absolute dumbest shit out of any poster on this board that is taking themselves seriously and not intentionally trolling.

You are bottom 5 all time on this board, fyi. Maybe even the WOAT.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    We'll see how he feels in a few years. LeBron wasn't recruiting players 3-4 years into his career either. At some point you recognize you are up against a clock and you do what you need to do to get a ring. I guess maybe Rose doesn't want it as bad as some other guys do.

And I don't want to hear about Rose's heart and determination any more. Noah was apoplectic about the possibilty of missing playoff games and willed himself through a nasty plantar fascia injury to play when no one else could/would (and went for 24/14 w 6 BL in G7). Deng got a spinal tap so he could get back on the court faster and it almost killed him. Literally. He almost died. And yet, the guy who was the best player on the floor in practice FOR MONTHS doesn't WANT to come back? THEN YOU ARE NOT A WARRIOR ANYMORE. You are just a marketing utensil. Don't ever tell me about your heart again.
    You don't seem to realize the business side of things is extremely important as well. The Chicago Bulls franchise has much to lose when it comes to Rose's injury. He's going to make the money for the franchise the next 10 to 15 years, if things go well. Who knows what strings were pulled behind the scene, I sure as hell know the Bulls were not going to take a chance on his recovery.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    I still don't think the way LBJ, Wade and Bosh went about things was the right way of doing it. I mean, that sort of a union, it was unprecedented, it has never happened before. It's a reason why people were so upset when it happened, and it wasn't all out of jealousy either. The fact that you have three allstars, already playing in a relatively weak conference, having talks for years about joining forces, and assuming they would win countless rings by doing so, was a copout - an easy way out IMO. Although we have all come to sort of accept it now, it doesn't mean we have to forget about it.

But I guess this is the new NBA, where anything goes in order to win a championship. Lebron has openly admitted that he thinks acting and flopping is okay as long as it produces a win, so I can totally understand why he thought it was a good idea to join two allstars in order to beat the Celtics. IMO it is cheapening the game, but I guess I'm more of a purist than most.
    Very well said. And lets not keep going with the LeBron has a great team. Without LeBron on the court in 2010-2011 Miami was outscored by its opponents. Without LeBron on the court in 2011-2012 the Heat were outscored by their opponents. Without LeBron in 2012-2013 Miami was outscored by their opponents. Without Rose (and several other guys), Chicago was a second round playoff team.

So this nonsense about how Rose doesn't recruit is comical. He doesn't have to recruit. He already plays on a team better than any LeBron has ever been on. I am a Bucks fan. My team has made it to the second round one time in the last 27 years.