Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Do you think PS5 graphics will be noticeably better?

I’m just not overly excited. I got hyped for PS4. But when it finally came out I was a bit disappointed. I remember how good Dying Light looked on the tech demo. But the final product was so underwhelming graphically.

There’s a few games that look pretty good. But not really a justification for a new system. I’m just not buying that PS5 is gonna look so much better. I don’t know if I’ll be satisfied. And I’m not super impressed with photo realism. I like a game with good artwork and I like some room for my imagination.

I like games that look like Rayman. I don’t even like how NBA2k looks so semi real. I prefer the arcade NBA Jam look.

Default Re: Do you think PS5 graphics will be noticeably better?

At some point it's less about graphical advancement and more about things like AI of npcs and enemies and how many objects/people/things you can have on screen at the same time without lag.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    At some point it's less about graphical advancement and more about things like AI of npcs and enemies and how many objects/people/things you can have on screen at the same time without lag.

Ray tracing and proper shading/reflections will be next and that takes millions of calculations and processing power per second.

3D audio will be dramatically better because that too takes up huge chunk of real time in game memory

Depth of field, seeing things in the distance, unique NPC in open worlds

And like you said, AI and their looping mechanics

Most games now are held back CPU/GPU processing, graphically developers can make them near real photo realistic already (Until Dawn/Detroit Become Human)

Problem is when you use so much dynamic visuals it limits your other areas like sound, lighting and frames per second. The better it looks the choppier the game runs.

That's why when you boot up Red Dead Redemption 2 your PS4 fan sounds like a jet engine trying to cool the motherboard, also why it takes Rockstar 500 employees working overtime 8 years to make 1 game. The leap from GTA5 to GTA6 will be a good gauge, while visually it won't be super crazier than RDR2 the world especially cities and towers will be more dense. You'll actually be able to go inside buildings with multiple floors, all with their own unique look. These areas take lots of time developing, GTAV game file is what 110 Gigs? Crazy memory size

You know graphics ain't nothing no matter how good it may be in the console if the selection of games isn't that exciting. But the ps5 will have good ones, obviously.

Good college starter

Look at a personal computer on a faster graphics card and see for yourself if you are impressed or not.

I've mostly gone onto PC gaming the last 5 years so the idea of buying *another* console doesn't excite me. Shit I probably beat like 2 games a year at most nowadays, so the consoles are a hard sell for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I've mostly gone onto PC gaming the last 5 years so the idea of buying *another* console doesn't excite me. Shit I probably beat like 2 games a year at most nowadays, so the consoles are a hard sell for me.
    So tell us why you're here in this thread then.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post

Got this lil monkey dangling from my nut sack

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I watched this last night, and it looks awesome. But in addition to it looking awesome, it's also the ease with which it looks awesome, that will allow more energy to be put into game design, rather than fiddling with things to make it look awesome. Things like light sources won't have to be individually programmed, they can be handled by a single set up.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous View Post
    I watched this last night, and it looks awesome. But in addition to it looking awesome, it's also the ease with which it looks awesome, that will allow more energy to be put into game design, rather than fiddling with things to make it look awesome. Things like light sources won't have to be individually programmed, they can be handled by a single set up.
    Dont things like that depend on a specific engine youre working with? And I dont think Sony went PS3 way where they made thing complicated with unusual architecture ideas and I know it doesnt exactly relate to what youre saying but I think its kinda in the same ballpark.

Says the horribly bad mother****in' neanderthal with an unshredded foreskin 💩

🦧🦧🦧