Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Real NBA Height

Cuba

Default Re: Real NBA Height

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Take a guy 6'1" put him in basketball shoes. The shoes make him 6'2" but he is not 6'2 because. You can take a 6'1" guy and put him in boots and the boots will make hm close to 6'4" but he still wouldn't be 6'4". Some NBA players are listed barefoot, some heights are just inflated and some are listed in shoes.
    That's nice, but players have shoes on when they play, that's the height that actually matters. Last I checked, nobody in the NBA has ever played while wearing boots or barefooted, just sneakers.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    That's nice, but players have shoes on when they play, that's the height that actually matters. Last I checked, nobody in the NBA has ever played while wearing boots or barefooted, just sneakers.
    In any case the height listings are obviously strange because some players are listed barefoot. Shaq's height in shoes would be 7'3". You have Dirk and Shaq listed just an inch apart but then you see them stand near eachother and Shaq has 3 inches on Dirk. Same with Kevin Garnett who is listed his barefoot height which is why people think he is so much taller.

2006 Pre-Draft measurements
    Lamarcus Aldridge 6'10", 7'4.75" wingspan
    Adam Morrison 6'6.5"
    Tyrus Thomas 6'7.25", 7'3" wingspan
    Brandon Roy 6'5.25"
    Randy Foye 6'2.25"
    Rudy Gay 6'7", 7'3" wingspan
    Mouhamed Saer Sene 6'11", 7'8.5" wingspan
    Marcus Williams 6'2"

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1348
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 12-17-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Good college starter

lol I know for a fact that Felton (5' 11 1/2) is taller than Paul (5'11 3/4).

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    lol I know for a fact that Felton (5' 11 1/2) is taller than Paul (5'11 3/4).
    No you are wrong. They are 1/4 of an inch different though.
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 07-28-2008 at 10:05 PM.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Mike Bibby isnt't 6'1, he's closer to 5'10. Dude was on Leno a few years ago and was shoulder to shoulder eye to eye with Jay Leno.

Tony Parker is closer to 6'1 than 6'2 and I know this from personal experience in meeting Parker.

And enough with the posting pictures of NBA players standing next to or near another player to compare heights. In many of those pictures one player is slumped down, bent a bit, etc or the players are at angles that create an illusion.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Mike Bibby isnt't 6'1, he's closer to 5'10. Dude was on Leno a few years ago and was shoulder to shoulder eye to eye with Jay Leno.

Tony Parker is closer to 6'1 than 6'2 and I know this from personal experience in meeting Parker.
    Bibby is 6'1" he was even listed at 6'2" for a while. You are right about Parker though.

Bibby is 6'1" he was even listed at 6'2" for a while. You are right about Parker though.
    Dude, find tape of his appearance on Leno, they were eye sight to eye sight. Leno is 5'10. No way would they even be that close to height if Bibby was a legit 6'1 or 6'2.

NBA rookie of the year

Dude, find tape of his appearance on Leno, they were eye sight to eye sight. Leno is 5'10. No way would they even be that close to height if Bibby was a legit 6'1 or 6'2.
    Look at this Mike Bibby with 5'11" Bobby Jackson.

Bibby is 6'1" just like he was measured.
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 07-28-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Seeing as how Bobby Jackson is also listed at 6'1 someplaces just reaffirms the notion that you should "NEVER BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET."

NBA rookie of the year

Seeing as how Bobby Jackson is also listed at 6'1 someplaces just reaffirms the notion that you should "NEVER BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE INTERNET."
    Jackson was measured 5'11" Bibby is clearly taller.

My god man... I'm not sure what your obsession with NBA players heights is but please stop using pre-draft heights. They're not realiable in the least.

One example, Elton Brand. You say he was pre-draft listed ay 6'7-1/2 yet Sean Elliot commented that the first time he saw Brand in person with the Clippers he was shocked at how short he was, saying he would barely give him 6'5.

You even posted this:

If they aren't smoked out at the pre-draft camp, padded heights get exposed at USA Basketball team trials. It was in the run-up to the 1992 Olympics that the world finally learned what the cognoscenti had long suspected -- that Charles Barkley was more like 6-4 5/8 than 6-6

NBA rookie of the year

My god man... I'm not sure what your obsession with NBA players heights is but please stop using pre-draft heights. They're not realiable in the least.

One example, Elton Brand. You say he was pre-draft listed ay 6'7-1/2 yet Sean Elliot commented that the first time he saw Brand in person with the Clippers he was shocked at how short he was, saying he would barely give him 6'5.
    Sean Elliot was probably joking. Mutombo joked Ewing was 6'9".

Corey Maggette, 6'6", Shaun Livingston 6'6.25" and Elton Brand 6'7.5"

If Elton Brand is 6'5" then Maggette and Livingston are under 6'4"
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 07-28-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Sean Elliot was probably joking. Mutombo joked Ewing was 6'9".

[IMG][/IMG]

Corey Maggette, 6'6", Shaun Livingston 6'6 1/4" and Elton Brand 6'7 1/2"

If Elton Brand is 6'5" then Maggette and Livingston are under 6'4"
    Is that so hard to believe? You have Jordan and Kobe listed at 6'5 almost 6'6 yet Jordan and Barkley are basically the exact same height and Barkley is listed at 6'4.

Your method of posting media day pictures and using pre-draft or NBA.com heights to compare players isn't very reliable, sorry.

NBA rookie of the year

Is that so hard to believe? You have Jordan and Kobe listed at 6'5 almost 6'6 yet Jordan and Barkley are basically the exact same height and Barkley is listed at 6'4.

Your method of posting media day pictures and using pre-draft or NBA.com heights to compare players isn't very reliable, sorry.
    I never use NBA.com heights and yes my method is reliable. Barkley was measured 6'4 5/8" which is pretty much 6'5" so Jordan's 6'5.5" height makes sense because he is a tiny bit taller than Barkley.
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 12-17-2007 at 02:03 PM.