Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Romney is out. Mitt Says He Won't Run for President

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney told close supporters on a conference call on Friday that he will not run again in 2016, saying that he wants to allow other leaders in the GOP to step forward.

"After putting considerable thought into making another run for president, I've decided it is best to give other leaders in the Party the opportunity to become our next nominee," Romney said in remarks posted on radio host Hugh Hewitt's website, which participants on the call confirmed to NBC News as accurate.

Romney told backers he believed that he could have won the nomination but "it would have been difficult test and a hard fight."

"I believe that one of our next generation of Republican leaders, one who may not be as well known as I am today, one who has not yet taken their message across the country, one who is just getting started, may well emerge as being better able to defeat the Democrat nominee," he added.

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush, widely viewed as the new favorite of establishment Republicans, called Romney a "patriot" in a statement after news of the decision broke.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Romney is out. Mitt Says He Won't Run for President

Christy 2016

That just happened.

This happened yesterday.
    Jeb Bush hires former top Romney aide
    Jeb Bush has snagged the services of Mitt Romney’s top campaign aide in Iowa.

Bush hired David Kochel, who ran Romney’s Iowa campaigns in 2008 and 2012, to be a senior strategist to Right to Rise, the leadership PAC established by the former Florida governor ahead of a likely presidential campaign.

“Though the Republican Party has a deep bench of individuals that I respect and admire, I’d encourage Gov. Bush to take his record of accomplishment and dynamic, conservative ideas to the whole nation,” Kochel told The Des Moines Register in an interview.

Kristy Campbell, a Bush spokeswoman, confirmed Kochel’s role.

“If Governor Bush were to move forward with a potential campaign, Dave is in line to play a senior role in a potential campaign,” Campbell said in an e-mail to USA TODAY. “Dave is one of the most respected political strategists in the country and his expertise and leadership will be critical to helping Governor Bush outline his vision for expanding opportunity for all Americans in the coming months.”

Bush-Romney 2016?

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

Great. Now we just need the rest of the politicians to drop out too.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

This makes Jeb Bush the favorite, right? Hope he's less of a Neo-Con than his brother. Or at least less a fan of war.

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    This makes Jeb Bush the favorite, right? Hope he's less of a Neo-Con than his brother. Or at least less a fan of war.
    He'll be a fan of whatever his puppeteers are fans of.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

dang, this is sad news but he has a point. he can't keep carrying the republican party. he's basically lebron on the cavs (the first time)

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green

Jeb is extremely moderate, so Libs should actually like him. He's for Common Core, and some type of amnesty.

I'm tired of the establishment President though. Give me Ted Cruz or Rand Paul any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Jeb is extremely moderate, so Libs should actually like him. He's for Common Core, and some type of amnesty.

I'm tired of the establishment President though. Give me Ted Cruz or Rand Paul any day.
    So Bush/Cheney destroy this country and Obama after 6 years has got country back on track. But you don't want this...you actually want to go backwards.

Makes sense....

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    So Bush/Cheney destroy this country and Obama after 6 years has got country back on track. But you don't want this...you actually want to go backwards.

Makes sense....

Just becuase it said "Forward" during Obama's campaign does not actually mean that the country was moving in that direction.

And how would voting for an establishment guy be better than voting for guys who actually want real change and are not influenced by lobbyists and pander to their base???

dat collusion

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Are people actually this dumb? Can they find cause in effect where it doesn't exist just because they want to?
    Oh....it's bagelred.....
    Are people actually this dumb? Can they not find cause AND effect where it sometimes actually exists because they don't want to?
    Oh....it's magnax1

I win.

Thank Jah.

Fck that Mormon

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

that's good news for the repubs.