Default Salary Cap Questions

Per another website.
    Miami has a 70 Mil payroll next season, Can they REALISTICALLY keep BOTH Dragic and Whiteside?
    Detroit also is faced with the same dilemma, can they keep both Reggie Jax and Monroe?

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Default Re: Salary Cap Questions

Whiteside is signed through next year according to "another" website (seen it say it's just this year elsewhere which is probably where you got it). I was also under the impression he was signed for 2 years last summer so I assume thats correct (ShamSports was best for it but it's not updated anymore). Dragic will cost though so they'll probably have to pay the tax for a year, which I doubt they'll mind doing.

Decent college freshman

They can keep both if they wish to re-sign Dragic. They have his Bird Rights, so it's a matter of how much they potentially want to pay in luxury tax. Deng & Wade likely opt-out this summer in hopes of richer deals, if I had to guess. Whiteside is making minimum-type money for next year.

Detroit has Bird Rights for both, and can match any offer for Jackson, as he's a RFA. They can offer more money per season and an additional year to Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Per another website.
    Miami has a 70 Mil payroll next season, Can they REALISTICALLY keep BOTH Dragic and Whiteside?
    Detroit also is faced with the same dilemma, can they keep both Reggie Jax and Monroe?
    They can, it's just a matter of if they will.

Whiteside is on a small contract next year so he is good to go, but after that he will be looking for top dollar. Miami might be introuble if they want to pay Whiteside, Dragic, Wade, and Bosh. the salary cap increase should help.

Detroit can keep both, but it might cost them. Similar to the Miami situation, but im not so sure that they are in that much cap trouble.