Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: OKC is now 2-7 when Westbrook scores more than 35

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Said it before and will say it again, Westshook is a stad padder who doesn't win...
    Do people realize how hard it to actually stat pad in games? Do you see him purposely missing shots to get boards? Avoiding layups to get assist?

What does Westbrook do that is stat padding?

Yeah let's blame the loss on the guy who did 43/8/7. He sure is the guilty.

ISH in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Yeah let's blame the loss on the guy who did 43/8/7. He sure is the guilty.

ISH in a nutshell
    To be fair, he put them in position to win, but also position to lose with some terrible fourth quarter play.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    To be fair, he put them in position to win, but also position to lose with some terrible fourth quarter play.
    Whereas with players like Durant, he puts you in a position to win AND comes through in the 4th to close the game out and secure the victory.

Durant is really the only player in the league who does that consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Whereas with players like Durant, he puts you in a position to win AND comes through in the 4th to close the game out and secure the victory.

Durant is really the only player in the league who does that consistently.
    Except in the playoffs.

Where did he make a mistake? I just can think about the play where Ibaka was open and he didn't pass but I can't blame him for taking the shot when I always criticize Lebron and CP for not doing so.

Bulls closed the paint and Brooks had no answer to it. He couldn't even set a play to give WB in a good position on the last play. He made mistakes on rotations as well, bringing Roberson in the crunch WTF?
    Brooks is a terrible coach and OKC only get away in close games because KD is the best scorer on the league, he can get his shot off anywhere and hit it. WB doesn't have a scoring talent that big to overcome the lack of plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Where did he make a mistake? I just can think about the play where Ibaka was open and he didn't pass but I can't blame him for taking the shot when I always criticize Lebron and CP for not doing so.

Bulls closed the paint and Brooks had no answer to it. He couldn't even set a play to give WB in a good position on the last play. He made mistakes on rotations as well, bringing Roberson in the crunch WTF?
    Brooks is a terrible coach and OKC only get away in close games because KD is the best scorer on the league, he can get his shot off anywhere and hit it. WB doesn't have a scoring talent that big to overcome the lack of plays.
    That's silly. Even Westbrook admitted he should have passed it instead of shooting that airball. Especially since Ibaka was hot all night. Clear mistake.

Westbrook was like 2-10 or 2-9 in the fourth quarter , a lot of them terrible shots. Dude had no intention of passing.

I cant put the blame on him completely though. He did the exact same thing in the third quarter to put them up by 10. Plus the Bulls were lights out in the fourth. Even though im not sure what he was thinking trying to double gasol in that situation that led to the Moore three. Might have been coaching.

Waiters and Robertson are scrubs that should not have played. You'll get no arguments from me about that coaching decision.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Are you saying he needs Durant to win?

you already know what it is homie!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Do people realize how hard it to actually stat pad in games? Do you see him purposely missing shots to get boards? Avoiding layups to get assist?

What does Westbrook do that is stat padding?
    Gets crazy stats while not effectively getting his team involved while failing to boost his TEAM's offense.

Do I really have to explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Gets crazy stats while not effectively getting his team involved while failing to boost his TEAM's offense.

Do I really have to explain this?
    That's not statpadding. Westbrook would be doing his team a great disservice if he wasnt getting crazy stats. Like I said the only thing that was bad was his chucking in the fourth with shows up bad when you see his low shooting percentages. im not sure how you consider that stat padding. It's just general chucking.

3-time NBA All-Star

comparing westbrook and durant is like comparing 2nd 3peat jordan to 32/8/8 jordan. 32/8/8 jordan has the stats but was considered a cancer. And thats really the problem with OKC. Its not about teammates when they have proven they are the best in the league last season without westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Spoelstra and the Heat have shown the formula to beat a Westbrook team. let Westbrook shoot the team out.

doesn't matter how much he scores, you just have to stop the other guys. which is easier than trying to stop Westbrook. because those other guys suck.
    the Heat won because Shane Battier turned into Kyle Korver.

and James Harden turned into Dion Waiters.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    the Heat won because Shane Battier turned into Kyle Korver.

and James Harden turned into Dion Waiters.
    So it didn't have to do with lebron playing almost all the time in paint creating open shots for his shooters?
    Also, harden was okc's best playmaker and heat took that away.

sounds like Lebron

Dunking on everybody in the park

I love watching Russell Westbrook play with his athleticism, competitiveness and the way that he can dominate so many different parts of a game while he's out there.

With that said, he does struggle sometimes with tunnel vision, especially in late game situations that causes his team to lose leads late in games because he tries to do too much by himself and doesn't always trust his teammates. That play with about 10 seconds left at Chicago last night is a perfect example when he was double teamed and had a wide open and very good shooter in Ibaka uncovered for a 17 footer, and didn't get him the ball.

Oklahoma City likely would have won at least two of their last three road games against Chicago, Portland and/or Phoenix with better decision-making. It is a shame because he is playing out of this world other than a late game execution, which is one of the most important things.

Westbrook needs to learn to maintain that aggressiveness and combine it with more consistent decision-making. If he does that, he could be the best player in the league.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 03-06-2015 at 12:45 PM.