Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Why does Chuck always insist on GSW being non-contender/jump shooting team?

Christ, how many times have we heard this myth this year from chuck? Top 4 in the league in points in the paint = jump shooting team

Not only that, but the last 4 championship teams have relied on a lot of jump shooting.

Default Re: Why does Chuck always insist on GSW being non-contender/jump shooting team?

It's just his opinion.

So far he's been right about GSW.

I don't see them winning a championship with this roster

I am your soldier!

Default Re: Why does Chuck always insist on GSW being non-contender/jump shooting team?

How many championships have they won recently?

Because Chuck has said many times over the past 10+ or w/e years being an analyst. You don't live by the 3 point shot, you die by it. I've heard him say it many times, directed towards many teams over the years.

At least he's sticking to what he believes. His opinion is consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    His choices were memphis and chicago. How many championships have they won recently?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Because Chuck has said many times over the past 10+ or w/e years being an analyst. You don't live by the 3 point shot, you die by it. I've heard him say it many times, directed towards many teams over the years.

It would be relevant if the Warriors weren't one of the top teams in the paint.

And he's always hyping portland, who is much more of a jump shooting team. Their big man is literally a mid-range shooter

It's even more retarded when you consider the style of play of the last 4 champions. The dude simply cannot accept that the league has changed significantly since his era. Not to mention that he's just factually incorrect about the Warriors, when you look at all the numbers behind their play..particularly their paint production.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Hes probably right.. i'd be absolutely shocked to see the Warriors win a championship this year. they'd have to get hot as hell.. i'd love to see it tough.

It's consistent...just really wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Hes probably right.. i'd be absolutely shocked to see the Warriors win a championship this year. they'd have to get hot as hell.. i'd love to see it tough.
    I have my doubts that the Warriors win too, but how does he say that Portland is a legit contender, but GSW isn't, and his reasoning being that GSW is a jump shooting team?

GSW = 4th in the league for points in the paint, while portland is 2nd to last

Also, Portland has the 2nd highest percentage of points from 3 point land...

I don't really mind his point, but the dude is contradicting himself like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    It would be relevant if the Warriors weren't one of the top teams in the paint.

And he's always hyping portland, who is much more of a jump shooting team. Their big man is literally a mid-range shooter
    He said it about the Orlando Magic in 2009. They were a team that was built around Dwight's dominance in the paint (at the time it was his career season as far as productivity), and 3 point shooters (from all positions, from PG to PF) built around him as the central hub. And man could that team shoot the lights out from 3 when they got hot, I watched them tear apart the 2009 Cavs in the playoffs we had no answers to their shooting.

They got swiftly ousted in the Finals though.

But he was saying the same thing about them. They made it all the way to the Finals but he stuck to his guns the entire time claiming they had little to no chance because of their dependence on the 3 point shot. They were hot when they played the Cavs but he felt they would eventually get cold, and thus exposed, and that's exactly what happened. A common bball saying is you live or die by the 3 point shot, because you either go up 3 points or your brick is more likely to get rebounded by the other team in better position to start their transition game. Chuck put his own twist on that saying and likes to believe/say you die by the 3 point shot. He doesn't even put the live part in there lol.

He's been right about teams in the past, like the Magic, so his stubborn outlook towards 3 point shooting teams has not been totally bonehead. Until a team proves him wrong he's probably going to keep saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I have my doubts that the Warriors win too, but how does he say that Portland is a legit contender, but GSW isn't, and his reasoning being that GSW is a jump shooting team?

GSW = 4th in the league for points in the paint, while portland is 2nd to last

Also, Portland has the 2nd highest percentage of points from 3 point land...

I don't really mind his point, but the dude is contradicting himself like crazy
    He's not contradicting himself, he just flat out doesn't know what he's talking about. He hates the numbers but this is a prime example of where the numbers objectively shit on his argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Okay Skip Bayless.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

He said it about the Orlando Magic in 2009. They were a team that was built around Dwight's dominance in the paint (at the time it was his career season as far as productivity), and 3 point shooters (from all positions, from PG to PF) built around him as the central hub. And man could that team shoot the lights out from 3 when they got hot, I watched them tear apart the 2009 Cavs in the playoffs we had no answers to their shooting.

They got swiftly ousted in the Finals though.

But he was saying the same thing about them. They made it all the way to the Finals but he stuck to his guns the entire time claiming they had little to no chance because of their dependence on the 3 point shot. They were hot when they played the Cavs but he felt they would eventually get cold, and thus exposed, and that's exactly what happened. A common bball saying is you live or die by the 3 point shot, because you either go up 3 points or your brick is more likely to get rebounded by the other team in better position to start their transition game. Chuck put his own twist on that saying and likes to believe/say you die by the 3 point shot. He doesn't even put the live part in there lol.

He's been right about teams in the past, like the Magic, so his stubborn outlook towards 3 point shooting teams has not been totally bonehead. Until a team proves him wrong he's probably going to keep saying it.
    The funny thing is Barkley actually picked Orlando to beat the Lakers in the 2009 Finals.

I vividly remember Chuck saying "Orlando is going to have the same advantages vs the Lakers as they did vs the Cavs."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Let's be real, GSW's identity is revolved around three point shooting, thus making Chuck's point valid, if you were even questioning it to begin with.