National High School Star

Default Two Flaws of Russell Westbrook that is going to continue to hurt OKC

1. His clock management

2. His shot selection

There was no way the Thunder should have lost this game tonight because they were in full control and in position to win. Westbrook has to know that when your team is ahead 7 with under 4 mins to go, you don't have to be speedy gonzalez because your team is the one that's ahead. And some of the shots he was taking late in the game was very bad when he could have used up a lot of the shot clock to get someone else a better shot.

So if Westbrook can ever work on those two flaws he will be a dangerous and unstoppable player.

Default Re: Two Flaws of Russell Westbrook that is going to continue to hurt OKC

hes naturally an imbecile, thats why his career percentage in clutch games is at 56 percent.

Default Re: Two Flaws of Russell Westbrook that is going to continue to hurt OKC

yeah sure, just pass the ball to Ibaka. He'll close out the game better than goatbrook

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    yeah sure, just pass the ball to Ibaka. He'll close out the game better than goatbrook

It don't necessarily have to be Ibaka, it can be someone else.

The key to closing out games when you have the lead is

1. Using up the shot clock

2. getting good shots

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76

2. getting good shots
    Those are coache's responsibility. Compare how Thibs handled it to Brooks, had nothing to do with Westbrook even with his bad decisions.

2. getting good shots
    Who on the Thunder can hit a clutch shot? Durant is hurt mind you.

I don't care how open Ibaka is, you can't trust the guy with his stone hands.

I just wish Westbrook was coached better. You had Thibs running plays to get Mirotic open and isolated on flat footed Ibaka all 4th quarter, and then you have ISO Westbrook with 5 defenders ready to converge on him. Even the spacing was all kinds of f'ed up once they took Morrow out.

I'd like to think Westbrook would be a more willing passer if he had someone capable of knocking down a big shot. Even the big rebounds, it's always Westbrook getting them and no one else. Everyone else giving up offensive rebound after offensive rebound to the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Those are coache's responsibility. Compare how Thibs handled it to Brooks, had nothing to do with Westbrook even with his bad decisions.

As a PG you must have enough knowledge to slow the f*ck down once you have the lead and it's 3 mins left in the game

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

I just wish Westbrook was coached better. You had Thibs running plays to get Mirotic open and isolated on flat footed Ibaka all 4th quarter, and then you have ISO Westbrook with 5 defenders ready to converge on him. Even the spacing was all kinds of f'ed up once they took Morrow out.

I'd like to think Westbrook would be a more willing passer if he had someone capable of knocking down a big shot. Even the big rebounds, it's always Westbrook getting them and no one else. Everyone else giving up offensive rebound after offensive rebound to the Bulls.

He shouldn't have even been looking to get the ball with 2 secs left because the Bulls know that he is their main offensive option

Hero ball is not always good

As a PG you must have enough knowledge to slow the f*ck down once you have the lead and it's 3 mins left in the game
    Where does knowledge come from may I ask? No one comes to the league knowing these things. The coach is usually the one to mold the player, at least a good one.

Can't expect a 26 year old to make perfect decisions, this ain't Larry Bird or Jordan out there. Most of the players in today's league play with their instincts. The only stars that use their brains and think things through are Lebron and Paul. Harden, Durant, Curry, Westbrook just play.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

I think you're misunderstanding him. Or at least that's not how I'm understanding him. This isn't about what player can hit "clutch shots", its about getting good shots. Heck Etwuan Moore and Mirotic both hit extremely clutch shots, when you run good offense you have a chance.

But yea he definitely needs to be coached better, but this has been a talking point for years now. Westbrooks DNA is programmed a certain way, it's hard to break it.

I mean, he has Durant on his team and when he is playing often times is looking him off to take a contested jumpshot when the guy right beside him is wayyyyy better at that. It doesn't register that way with him. His competitive nature, but the coach has to be able to set something up better.

It's not as bad now though having Durant out since there's less help.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    hes naturally an imbecile, thats why his career percentage in clutch games is at 56 percent.
    Can you seriously **** off and die already? 2014-2015 Westbrook > 2010-2011 Rose, get over it and stop being such a ****ing troll stan.

Westbrook could work to improve his shot selection but tonight a large part of the problem was with Scott Brooks. Westbrook has been expected to do everything on his own this season with Durant out, it's just iso after iso. If OKC could bring in a legitimately good coach his shot selection would improve solely because there'd be actual plays being drawn up instead of just getting him the ball and hoping he scores.

Westbrook made some bad decisions down the stretch tonight but Thibs just out-coached Brooks by a wide margin. It's not gonna matter how good OKC's roster gets if their level of play is restricted by Brooks.

Banned

He shouldn't have even been looking to get the ball with 2 secs left because the Bulls know that he is their main offensive option

Hero ball is not always good
    I'll guarantee that they tried hero ball because Brooks wasn't smart enough to try anything else. Chicago's last play at the other end was an example of what good coaching can accomplish.

Westbrook is a bonehead. A poverty vertical having bonehead.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    I'll guarantee that they tried hero ball because Brooks wasn't smart enough to try anything else. Chicago's last play at the other end was an example of what good coaching can accomplish.

It's why they lost in the '12 Finals

Series could have easily gone back to OKC if they don't mess up in 3 of their 4 losses.