Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Put Wade on the Bulls from 1984-1996, How does his Career turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Maybe 1 in 91 which would be the 2010 version of Wade.
    1990 would be Peak Wade they don't take it all that year? 1992 & 1993 Wade would still be in his Prime.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    1990 would be Peak Wade they don't take it all that year? 1992 & 1993 Wade would still be in his Prime.
    If 1990 Jordan couldn't do it, you think any version of Wade is?

6/7 year Wade circa 2009/10 on the 91 Bulls? Good chance they win against LA, no slight on MJ, but Wade was epic at that point in time. Thats if he brings it like he did in the 06 playoffs...

0 ring to be honest and I'm not hating on Wade. They might reach ecf tho. If Wade whines and cries a lot of calls in today's softer era. Dude would get brutally killed playing against the Knicks and the Bad Boys. Might retire early.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    0 ring to be honest and I'm not hating on Wade. They might reach ecf tho. If Wade whines and cries a lot of calls in today's softer era. Dude would get brutally killed playing against the Knicks and the Bad Boys. Might retire early.
    I think that's a product of playing in this era and playing with Lebron as well. He never really asked for calls until around 2012 and playing in a tougher era would toughen him up. I don't think the actual defense would bother Wade As he played well against great defenses for the most of his Career.

If I have to put real money on the line maybe he wins 1 ring because Pippen along with PhilJax was really that good

I think that's a product of playing in this era and playing with Lebron as well. He never really asked for calls until around 2012 and playing in a tougher era would toughen him up. I don't think the actual defense would bother Wade As he played well against great defenses for the most of his Career.
    Wade thrived in an era where the lane is more open and makes the game easier for perimeter players. Wade is a bad jump shooter he is a slaher and in an era of physicality and packed paint he will get demolished. Also, he wouldn't get those easy calls he had against dallas. If you rewatched old NBA games, you see how it was different back then compared today. Flagrant fouls today are just normal fouls back then. Also, I don't think Wade has the it factor, MJ's willingness to win. Bulls wouldn't have those 6 rings if not for MJ's legendary playoff performances. Just look at their last 2 Finals series against the Jazz. Both teams were evenly macthed. The difference? The other team has MJ who put the team on his back despite having flu "Flu" games and those clutch game winners g1 97' and g6 98'. Also his clutch assist to open up Kerr. Oh and these are all "myths"

0 rings. His pegs break like always and pimple cant carry them

Don't know when Jordan Peaked but Wade PEAKED that Season and his numbers were as good as Jordan's that Year or at the very least similar. I think Wade can get them past Detroit but arguing with one of the biggest Jordan nut huggers won't lead anywhere.
    Skewed numbers dobt mean you're as good as another player.

wade is garbage. Kobe would start over him every year if he was in the east

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Wade thrived in an era where the lane is more open and makes the game easier for perimeter players. Wade is a bad jump shooter he is a slaher and in an era of physicality and packed paint he will get demolished. Also, he wouldn't get those easy calls he had against dallas. If you rewatched old NBA games, you see how it was different back then compared today. Flagrant fouls today are just normal fouls back then. Also, I don't think Wade has the it factor, MJ's willingness to win. Bulls wouldn't have those 6 rings if not for MJ's legendary playoff performances. Just look at their last 2 Finals series against the Jazz. Both teams were evenly macthed. The difference? The other team has MJ who put the team on his back despite having flu "Flu" games and those clutch game winners g1 97' and g6 98'. Also his clutch assist to open up Kerr. Oh and these are all "myths"
    In his first Couple Seasons he had a nice midrange shot and he has the improved jumper now. He also utilized the midrange well in the Playoffs. Agreed with the flagrant fouls. You say the "it" factor but when has Wade not shown a willingness to win?

Between 2 and 4.

Btw I don't see Kobe matching that at all.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

The Bulls were contenders with Pete Myers as the starting SG. Put Wade on the team and they clearly win at least 2-3 rings. I would say they win championships in 1991, 1992, 1994 and 1996. Keep in mind this scenario means Chicago would still have the two best perimeter players of the era on the same team.

College superstar

This thread may have exposed some Jordan fanboys?

The Bulls roster was built to compete without Michael from their third title throughout the second 3-peat, assuming everyone is healthy (obviously not everyone was). That's compete, not necessarily win.

Now add in another top SG of all time? Come on, guys. It's not a disservice to MJ to say that the Bulls would still win 4-7 titles with the only difference being Wade instead of Jordan.

Make it West, Kobe, Oscar, Wade, Lebron, Drexler and the results will be very, very similar.

Can a Jordan/Bulls historian please tell me/us what series in which Jordan did play were even close? I know the Bulls never had a game 7 in the Finals. What about other rounds?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    The Bulls were contenders with Pete Myers as the starting SG. Put Wade on the team and they clearly win at least 2-3 rings. I would say they win championships in 1991, 1992, 1994 and 1996. Keep in mind this scenario means Chicago would still have the two best perimeter players of the era on the same team.
    This is assuming the Bulls never drafted Jordan and Wade was the Franchise Player.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insidious301
    Interesting topic. To be frank, I don't believe Wade would win much if ANY championships with these teams. Think about it. His first title was won in 2006, just after the perimeter rule changes, but he needed arguably the worst officiated series in history to secure a title and Finals MVP. Not just that, there were MULTIPLE head coaches who claimed Shaq was still the lead alpha dog and BEST player on the Heat. His next 2 titles were derived from sidekick status alongside LeBron.

Chicago would be lucky to win 1, as I think Wade would have trouble adjusting the older perimeter rules (along with being a more physically taxing era). Pippen is clearly an inferior player to LeBron, but what made those Bulls teams great was Pippen's leadership and playmaking. The Bulls never had championship success prior to Pippen and haven't since he's retired.

This is just a dumb post and Im not even going to a argue with this fool.