Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Kobe's legacy if Lakers don't make playoffs?

There is absolutely nothing Kobe can do at this stage of his career to deduct from his all time ranking. He has reached that point where he can only add to his greatness.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    I'm saying the only reason that Kobe is successful is because of Phil Jackson's coaching and reducing the negative effects of Kobe's chucking. Phil still had his frustrations but it is true that Phil would draw up plays to get offensive rebounds. They anticipated Kobe to miss and this was the recipe to championships. Now Kobe has to be a leader and his team just expects him to make shots. Therefor hes not gonna make the play off's.
    This is absolute nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Kobe has been constantly ranked as a top 4-10 player, I personally think he is around top 15-20.
    Top 4 - 10? I'm pretty sure only the 'stans have him in the top 5.

I have him in the 11 - 15 range.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    This is absolute nonsense.
    is it? IS IT REALLY?!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Are you retarded?

Kobe's legacy is set in stone. He's a consensus top 10 player of all time. He's already proven everything. This season does absolutely nothing to change that. Sorry.

Also, LOL at comparing Hakeem to Dwight. Howard hasn't even been the best center this year. Not to mention it's an unbelievably weak era for centers. Hakeem was on a completely different level.
    I'm not saying people will forget about what he has done, but he sure as hell doesn't want to be involved in missing the playoffs playing with these guys. As I said before, missing the playoffs with Nash, Gasol and Howard is a bigger feat than winning the championship.

And it doesn't really matter if Hakeem or Howard is better, that's not the point. Both Hakeem and Dwight were on top of the food chain, they were the best centers in their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    I'm not saying people will forget about what he has done, but he sure as hell doesn't want to be involved in missing the playoffs playing with these guys. As I said before, missing the playoffs with Nash, Gasol and Howard is a bigger feat than winning the championship.

And it doesn't really matter if Hakeem or Howard is better, that's not the point. Both Hakeem and Dwight were on top of the food chain, they were the best centers in their time.
    Dwight hasn't played well this season and has been hurt. Pau has been hurt. Nash has been hurt. All the star players you're referencing are hurt. Kobe is running with..

Nash on low minutes
    Artest
    Clark
    Jamison
    And so on

And the defense is being coordinated by the man who drive the Knicks into the ground and has a track record for being terrible on that side of the ball where LA is having the most trouble.

ShaqAttack3234 already said it.. Kobe's defense isn't making or breaking anything. I've watched the past few games and kobe actually was giving good effort on D, not forcing shots, passing the ball.. Playing the right way. But the team is just beat up right now and not very good.

The fact that you think it would cancel out a championship run is absurd. Everyone here has seen your agenda and thinks you're a moron anyway though.

Samurai Swoosh

It would be like Jordan in 1997 joining up with Hakeem(Dwight best center in the NBA) + 2 other stars and missing the playoffs. If that happened for Jordan, it would be a HUGE negative in his career.
    Good point, but more like Shaq (young like Dwight, best center in game by 1997) coming to the Bulls, along with old, but still good Tim Hardaway.

With George Karl as head coach to replace Phil Jackson.

MJ / Shaq / Pippen / Tim Hardaway and not making the playoffs. Having a horrific record, period. That's quite a negative accomplishment.

This + what happened in 04 and 07 would be three huge black marks on his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    This + what happened in 04 and 07 would be three huge black marks on his legacy.
    '07 or '06? He quit in game 7 vs the 2006 the Suns.

Very good NBA starter

As I said before, missing the playoffs with Nash, Gasol and Howard is a bigger feat than winning the championship.

LOL.

its a bit embarrassing isnt it

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    LOL.
    It is. Every time Kobe won the championships, the ones with Shaq and Gasol they were always one of the few favorites, and many of those they were the #1 favorite. But missing the playoffs with a team like that is harder. Do you understand how HARD it is for a good team, especially a team with 4 stars to miss the fecking playoffs? Not win or even advance through the 1st round, but actually miss the whole damn thing? When Kobe won his rings, his team was one of the teams we expected to win, but never in our wildest dreams did we ever expect a team with Kobe, Nash, Howard and Gasol to miss the whole damn playoffs.

Very good NBA starter

It would be an utter embarrassment no matter how you slice it. Nash, Howard, Gasol are averaging their lowest PPG in years while Kobe being Kobe is preoccupied with leading the league in scoring. Even if Dwight was fully healthy I have a hard time seeing Kobe accepting a 1A/1B situation - he wants all the glory and it's painfully obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    It would be an utter embarrassment no matter how you slice it. Nash, Howard, Gasol are averaging their lowest PPG in years while Kobe being Kobe is preoccupied with leading the league in scoring. Even if Dwight was fully healthy I have a hard time seeing Kobe accepting a 1A/1B situation - he wants all the glory and it's painfully obvious.
    Howards also averaging his lowest FT percentage and rebounds per game(over the past few years) .. His defense has also been noticeably less impactful. He's no longer an elite player in the game.. Really all that needs to be brought up.

Very good NBA starter

Nash is scoring 1 less PPG than he did with the Suns as the #1 option. Big deal.

Pau's scoring is down because his efficiency is historically bad (48% TS).

I also love you clowns think you know what's going in Bryant's head. "He wants all the glory". "He wants the scoring title". ****ing clowns.