Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: The Jeremy Lin Run was fun while it lasted

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    In terms of his offense, I think Lin is playing ok. He is not executing on his open shots or layups tho. It's not really Melo that's the problem if Lin can't make his open shots. But since Melo is in the lineup, Lin isn't as aggressive. His passing skills are good, but needs work at running the offense better. He is more of a scoring PG than a passing one.

Lin could improve. Look at Nash when he was 23 years old. He obviously improve to be MVP Nash. I don't think anybody thought Nash could be MVP or play that way when he was 23 years old.
    Lin is not the world's greatest passer, and he doesn't have great court vision (partially because he sometimes dribbles with his head down). it is not an easy job to balance out the knicks' offense, so I don't want to be too critical with him, but he's not doing a particularly great job of it.

his passing to the big man in the pick and roll is not particularly good and I've been saying this for a while . . . he's not comfortable threading the needle. plus sometimes he goes into "attack mode" and completely misses wide open Amar'e and Carmelo so he can put up floaters.

don't want to be too critical with Lin, but he's not a great player to me . . . he has a lot to work on. his job is very tough though.

I didn't watch Nash until he went to Dallas so I don't know what he was doing at 23, but he was very good at playing pick and pop with Dirk. then his first year he got to Phoenix he immediately nailed that pick and roll that D'Antoni needed to make his offense unstoppable. nash is as good as anyone ever at taking in the double off of the slip screen and threading the needle to the wide open roller. plus his court vision is out of this world. lin is probably better at scoring in the lane off of pick and rolls than nash, but with melo and amar'e, you'd probably value nash's skill set over lin's.

Default Re: The Jeremy Lin Run was fun while it lasted

Lin seems a 'spark off the bench' type of player. Someone like Nate Robinson, who just comes off the bench, takes a bunch of shots, and may get hot and provide the team with instant offense.