Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Shaq says Kobe is the greatest Laker of alltime

Quote Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
    When it's all said and done, I think Kobe will be the greatest Laker.
    Assuming he plays for 4 more years in the league putting an average of 25/5/5, earning 4 more 1st/2nd teams and all stars, a few more broken records, etc. that would be almost 20 years of elite play with the same franchise. That's the minimum he could accomplish in my opinion.
    Now if he wins one or more championships, that would really give and edge to his legacy, and if we include his all around mastery of the game, intangibles, offense/defense elite skill at the shooting guard spot, all this over two generations of basketball at the highest level, then I think it's not so strange to think that he could be the greatest Laker, even right now.
    Completely agree with you on that. Magic Johnson is my favorite Laker of all time, with Jerry West and Kareem closely behind, and as much as I do not want to admit it, at the end of his career Kobe will have a strong case to surpass all of them.

He might even have a case now, but I still believe Magic Johnson holds the spot.

Cali Love

You have to be a plain old retard to think West is the lakers greatest SG of the all time.

Anyway as far as G'L'OAT goes;

1.Magic
    2.Kobe
    3.Cap
    4.The Logo
    5.Shaq
    6.Big Game James

Shaq from 98-02 was the best player the Lakers organization has ever had play for them.

Shaq has the best 5 and 7 year stretch of any Laker ever.

Shaq was the Leader and Best Player on 3 LA Title Teams.
    Shaq is the only Laker "with Magic" with 3FMVP's.

How the hell isnt he in the top 3?

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    You have to be a plain old retard to think Worthy is the lakers greatest SF of the all time.

Anyway as far as G'L'OAT goes;

1.Magic
    2.Kobe
    3.Cap
    4.The Logo
    5.Shaq
    6.Baylor
    There you go. I fixed it for you. You're welcome.
    Last edited by oolalaa; 11-30-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Shaq from 98-02 was the best player the Lakers organization has ever had play for them.

Shaq has the best 5 and 7 year stretch of any Laker ever.

Shaq was the Leader and Best Player on 3 LA Title Teams.
    Shaq is the only Laker "with Magic" with 3FMVP's.

How the hell isnt he in the top 3?
    One of the reasons why shaq isn't considered the goat laker is because he was only there for 8 years.

Magic, Kareem, West and Bryant were in L.A for 12+ years.

I actually think kobe is a greater laker than shaq but on my all time list i have it the other way around...

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    One of the reasons why shaq isn't considered the goat laker is because he was only there for 8 years.

Magic, Kareem, West and Bryant were in L.A for 12+ years.

I actually think kobe is a greater laker than shaq but on my all time list i have it the other way around...
    He can't handle a Kobe-Shaq debate which can be in favour of Kobe.

First he showed up with "Shaq>Kobe, as a Laker too". Then he changed his argument to "Shaq in the top 3".

Magic and Kobe clearly ahead of Shaq in GLOAT debate. And I think West too surely. And top3 is done. Kareem scored more 10k points and 700 playoff points. He will bring up the numbers of Shaq's fmvps without mentioning Kareem's robbed one in 1980. Yeah. That's how it works for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz

Your a retard.

He missed 15 games that season and was still easily the best player for LA in the Regular and Post season.

Your gonna disregard his entire Laker career because of one stupid mistake that didn't have any real effect on the outcome of the season except to may losers like you bitch about his effort years later?

He was playing at a GOAT level and was the leader and by far the best player while leading LA to a 3peat, I think that should be mentioned above "wahhh he missed 15 games in 03 and came into camp overweight"

Go ahead and tear down the 3 banners he brought you punks and then talk all the shit you want about petty insignificant shit like that you cry baby.

Ha, double meltdown

"your a retard" ??????????? I think you meant "you're a retard" there genius.

Shaq could have been the greatest Laker of all time if he had Kobe's work ethic and Magic's will to win. I'm a huge Shaq fan but he came in fat more than once. He milked injuries more than once too. His "work ethic", if you can call it that, is well known and his teams and his career suffered because of it. It cost him and the Lakers championships that should have been theirs. If he would have listened to Kobe, Phil and later Pat Riley he would have been better off. He knows it, but instead he plays the blame game.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    Ha, double meltdown

"your a retard" ??????????? I think you meant "you're a retard" there genius.

Shaq could have been the greatest Laker of all time if he had Kobe's work ethic and Magic's will to win. I'm a huge Shaq fan but he came in fat more than once. He milked injuries more than once too. His "work ethic", if you can call it that, is well known and his teams and his career suffered because of it. It cost him and the Lakers championships that should have been theirs. If he would have listened to Kobe, Phil and later Pat Riley he would have been better off. He knows it, but instead he plays the blame game.
    post 76

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    post 76
    didn't read. lol

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

He is in the conversation. Magic was more successfully and his teams in the 80s were better. Shaq's prime and peak were unstoppable. And Kareem was great as well, offense and defense.

But even though Kobe could be the greatest laker of all time, people would still rank Kareem, Magic and possibly Shaq over him as players. Even though their hightlights came from the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    He is in the conversation. Magic was more successfully and his teams in the 80s were better. Shaq's prime and peak were unstoppable. And Kareem was great as well, offense and defense.

But even though Kobe could be the greatest laker of all time, people would still rank Kareem, Magic and possibly Shaq over him as players. Even though their hightlights came from the Lakers.

who are these "people"??...

Magic and Shaq both ranked Kobe as the GOAL..and fans already have Kobe way ahead of Shaq....and Kobe at #5 or 6 ALLTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Magic/Shaq > West/Kobe > Kareem/Wilt
    Shaq >>>>> Kobe