Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings: "Kobe is the Greatest Player Ever"

Quote Originally Posted by GODbe
    Most stacked team of all time. There was no carrying going on, and if there was it was by Pippen because Jordan was too busy playing golf.
    What...? You obviously didn't see Russell's team with 7 HOFs. Then we can argue that Kobe did nothing before he got Odom, Gasol and MWP. Just look what happened in 2006 when he was up 3-1 vs the suns then lost.

Does it surprise anyone that chuckers idolized each other?

i love how a guy IN THE NBA says kobe's the best and the kobe haters on here (who have never picked up a basketball) say he's an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
    i love how a guy IN THE NBA says kobe's the best and the kobe haters on here (who have never picked up a basketball) say he's an idiot

Funny how players who played with or against both MJ and Kobe say MJ is the GOAT.

Pippen > Gasol

Kobe proved he could with without a top 50 GOAT, in 08 he led a team to the Finals without a single other all-star on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Funny how players who played with or against both MJ and Kobe say MJ is the GOAT.

yes i agree that mj is the goat

but people here are acting like they are smarter when it comes to basketball than an nba starter..

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Under the assumption that they wont rape me in the showers

Magic or Duncan

Brandon Jennings = KennethGriffin?

NBA Superstar

but people here are acting like they are smarter when it comes to basketball than an nba starter..
    Without speaking directly toward this situation, some of the most talented basketball players I've ever come in contact with throughout my life were also some of most devoid of historical basketball knowledge and understanding. On a way, way, way lesser scale, I still remember none of my teammates (including a mid-level college prospect) recognizing what was notable about our squad picking up an incoming transfer named Brad Dougherty.

Regarding NBA players, it seems there's always been a share of stereotypical "young guns" who provide an overabundance of comments like, "Who's Wes Unseld?" and "I didn't even know Mr. West played in the NBA, I figured he was just an oil tycoon or something."

Long story short, I think the NBA is largely made up of some folks who've lived and breathed everything about it - including its history. But I also think there's some who grew and realized they were outstanding basketball players, became engrossed in their own abilities, and simply (and smartly) just rode it all the way to the top, with or without the surrounding knowledge of the game itself and its history.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Without speaking directly toward this situation, some of the most talented basketball players I've ever come in contact with throughout my life were also some of most devoid of historical basketball knowledge and understanding. On a way, way, way lesser scale, I still remember none of my teammates (including a mid-level college prospect) recognizing what was notable about our squad picking up an incoming transfer named Brad Dougherty.

Regarding NBA players, it seems there's always been a share of stereotypical "young guns" who provide an overabundance of comments like, "Who's Wes Unseld?" and "I didn't even know Mr. West played in the NBA, I figured he was just an oil tycoon or something."

Long story short, I think the NBA is largely made up of some folks who've lived and breathed everything about it - including its history. But I also think there's some who grew and realized they were outstanding basketball players, became engrossed in their own abilities, and simply (and smartly) just rode it all the way to the top, with or without the surrounding knowledge of the game itself and its history.
    Most & if not all i think are like that imo, the knowledge of NBA basketball history (the game & its players in all context) comes later or not at all. Just because you are good at basketball doesnt mean your NBA basketball history knowledge or ration of it all is that crafty, like we see in Jennings, he sounds like a ISH troll, but he is not trolling, he is just that stupid enough to actually believe what he is saying.

I usually hit open layups

I have never agreed with much of anything that Brandon Jennings does. Kid is a Laker fan from Compton, he's gonna ride Kobe.

Banned

Being talented enough to play in the NBA doesn't mean your opinions on ball are absolute.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

He's still going.

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 50m
    For the Person who brought up Gary Payton Kobe didn't win a ring with him. #Payattention #KeepUp

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 55m
    Y'all caught up in the moment look at the facts....

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 56m
    Dennis Rodman.... Come on now! Not even close

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 57m
    Scott Pippen.... We don't even have to say.

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 57m
    Ron Harper is better PG, then any PG Kobe ever had

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 59m
    If y'all actually take the time out to look up the history/Facts you would know. #SitUpinClass

BRANDON JENNINGS ‏@BrandonJennings 1h
    MJ & Tim Duncan both had better supporting cast then Kobe. #Fact #SitUpinClass #LookattheFacts

It's only one player compared to MJ, and that's Kobe. Now Kobe change the mindset of a lot of players today!!! #Fact #SitUpinClass

People always telling me Kobe Bryant greatest is Tricky. But MJ supporting cast was better then Kobe's. Hmm

College superstar

And in the case of Brandon Jennings they would be right. I have watched him chuck his way through 4 seasons with the Bucks. Worst BBIQ of any player I have ever seen. He has literally gotten worse every year he has been in the league.

Here is his +/- for his last season in Milwaukee, when he swore he should be an all-star and the only reason he wasn't was that he was in Milwaukee:

OFFENSIVELY:
    Milwaukee w/o Jennings : 107.3/100poss
    Milwaukee w/ Jennings : 103.5/100poss

DEFENSIVELY
    Milwaukee w/o Jennings : 99.5/100 poss
    Milwaukee w/Jennings : 108.7/100 poss

Without Jennings on the floor the Bucks outscored their opponents by 163 points. With Jennings on the floor they were outscored by 286. His impact on points/100 possessions was -13.0. He somehow managed to parlay that into a fairly big contract with Detroit. Last year he was DEAD LAST in the NBA in RAPM for players with over 7000 min. He is AWFUL. And the way he plays is even worse. He is the one person I would not want vouching for me on the court.

Ah, Jennings. Master of the wide open fadeaway 3.