Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Real Men watch CBM

Default RUMOR - LA Reporter: "90% chance Dwight Howard to NJ by Tuesday"

Rumor:

John Ireland, Lakers reporter / new announcer, says his source told him the Magic will trade Dwight Howard to the Nets if no other offers come, really soon, even a 90% chance it will happen tomorrow.

Says, these are the same sources that confirmed Stephen A. Smith's news that LeBron and Bosh would join Miami last year.

Here's the link: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/radio/archive?id=2682382

The podcast for today won't be available until later tonight/tomorrow (it will be dated 12/19/11 - hour 1).

Default Re: RUMOR - LA Reporter: "90% chance Dwight Howard to NJ by Tuesday"

THey are not going to open the bidding why? The urgency now why? The owner doesn't want Lopez, but he does now why? Because these guys agreed with what Stephen A Smith said after he said it?

Sounds fishy. Sounds like someone hoping something will happen and trying to predict it so they can claim they had "sources".

Banned

about time. dwight will be a beast on the nets

He seemed very disinterested yesterday in the game. Maybe that was him saying do it now or regret it?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I know it's just preseason but I felt Howard tapped out last nite.

PS- Somebody listen to the podcast and confirm, I'm too busy.

Nevermind, just saw OP said it won't be up.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    He seemed very disinterested yesterday in the game. Maybe that was him saying do it now or regret it?
    Why trade him now? You trade him when you get maximum value. You trade malcontent minor pieces ASAP to help your team. You don't blow up your team prematurely because your star, who wants out, might be surly.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

john ireland is a moron.

has nothing to do with dwight, the nets or magic.

hes just a moron.

Banned

I don't like these "90% chance" rumors. Usually turn out to be bs. If Dwights attitude is what made him look so bad in the pre season game maybe it is a better move trading him earlier this season rather then later, probably factored into Otis now deciding to move him sooner. Still don't think we need to rush into anything though, would be better off trying to get the lakers antsy afew games into the season for a 3 way with Pau and Bynum or something.

kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

oh please..

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    john ireland is a moron.

has nothing to do with dwight, the nets or magic.

hes just a moron.
    Tell us how you really feel.

Don't believe it.
    Won't believe it either unless it is confirmed official.

Whatever is happening should happen right away. i don't want another melo-drama where its the same thing reported day after day after day.

Plus it will do well for the players who have the trade hanging over their head

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Why trade him now? You trade him when you get maximum value. You trade malcontent minor pieces ASAP to help your team. You don't blow up your team prematurely because your star, who wants out, might be surly.
    I'd like to think that maximum value happens before the season begins. Cause the sooner they get to trade deadline, the less leverage they're going to have. Most likely, they'll be mediocre and there will be rumblings of an unhappy Dwight all season long. In response to that, teams will know ORL will be desperate to unload Dwight because it becomes more probable that they'll lose Dwight and get nothing in return during the off-season. So right now, is probably the best time they can field offers. The only other choice they have is to play chicken with the Lakers and hope that they get into panic mode before Orlando does and do something drastic like offer Bynum and Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They are getting as much value now as they ever will. The Nets don't have much more to offer than Lopez and five first rounders, the Lakers don't have anymore to offer, nobody that he won't resign with won't offer anything big. His value is highest right now.

Why not trade him now? You'll get your new pieces for an entire season, and if you struggle then you get a high pick in one of the deepest drafts ever?