Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star tastystaci's Avatar

Default All-time worst calls in NBA history

Obviously NBA officiating is horrendous, and you could pick out a horrible call every few minutes. I'm talking significant, game costing calls that come to mind. I have three that still urk the s*** out of me.

#3. Any call that Tim Donoghy made against the Suns in game 3 of the '07 conference finals vs the Spurs. (May you burn in hell you piece of s***)

#2. Bill Laimbeer's phantom foul call against Kareem in game 6 of the '88 finals that cost the Pistons a championsip. I'm a Bulls fan, who hates Laimbeer, but this was shameful.

#1. Dwayne Wade's phantom call in game 5 of the '06 finals vs. the Mavs. Dirk makes a clutch, legendary, Bird-esque 18 footer to take the lead, and the corrupt officials make an unforgivable call that puts Wade to the free throw line for the win. Dallas would've had a 3-2 advantage going to dallas for the final two games. I curse you til the day you die David Stern. You took my favorite sport and turned it into the WWE.

I make up lots of nonsense Ron Mexico's Avatar

Default Re: All-time worst calls in NBA history

every call in the 4th quarter of game 3 of the 2006 finals

Quote Originally Posted by tastystaci
    I curse you til the day you die David Stern. You took my favorite sport and turned it into the WWE.

Im tired of "fans" claiming this is going on.

Some of you need to stop watching ball, if this is how you feel. Its nonsense, and untrue.

I rule the local playground

Obviously NBA officiating is horrendous, and you could pick out a horrible call every few minutes. I'm talking significant, game costing calls that come to mind. I have three that still urk the s*** out of me.

#3. Any call that Tim Donoghy made against the Suns in game 3 of the '07 conference finals vs the Spurs. (May you burn in hell you piece of s***)

#2. Bill Laimbeer's phantom foul call against Kareem in game 6 of the '88 finals that cost the Pistons a championsip. I'm a Bulls fan, who hates Laimbeer, but this was shameful.

#1. Dwayne Wade's phantom call in game 5 of the '06 finals vs. the Mavs. Dirk makes a clutch, legendary, Bird-esque 18 footer to take the lead, and the corrupt officials make an unforgivable call that puts Wade to the free throw line for the win. Dallas would've had a 3-2 advantage going to dallas for the final two games. I curse you til the day you die David Stern. You took my favorite sport and turned it into the WWE.

the idiotic moronic NBA refs that counted the bucket when the Celts opposing team had 6 on the floor at the same time, and wow... scored against the rule regulation 5 of the Celts.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

Some of you need to stop watching ball, if this is how you feel. Its nonsense, and untrue.
    of course the NBA isn't scripted like the WWE. lets not go overbaord...

but there is no doubt refs were instructed to try and extend playoff series by making biased calls. the nba makes millions off every playoff game, so of course they want as many as possible.

Kobe is the assassin KobeRules24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror

i agree, if some fans think the NBA is fixed because their teams s*ck and cant win sh!t they should just stop watching basketball but those are the same guys that pay 200 dollars a year for the NBA league pass. bunch of morons

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico
    of course the NBA isn't scripted like the WWE. lets not go overbaord...

but there is no doubt refs were instructed to try and extend playoff series by making biased calls. the nba makes millions off every playoff game, so of course they want as many as possible.

definitely definitely Sacramento L.A. series, I bet that commisioner Stern pocketed off of that one big time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y8nI1PPYOk

That was just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    the idiotic moronic NBA refs that counted the bucket when the Celts opposing team had 6 on the floor at the same time, and wow... scored against the rule regulation 5 of the Celts.
    Not a bad call,they just followed the rules.. Can't blame the refs.. maybe they should've counted the players on the floor before they put the ball back into play, but they did everything according to the (flawed) book. That's why they're changing the rules now.

that vid is from game 6

game 5 was played in miami

and it says "heat lead 3-2" on the screen

National High School Star

Don't forget this.

what about brent barry during the decisive game of the la-sa series last spring? i forgot exactly what happened, but i remember that LA was unfairly favored.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeRules24
    i agree, if some fans think the NBA is fixed because their teams s*ck and cant win sh!t they should just stop watching basketball but those are the same guys that pay 200 dollars a year for the NBA league pass. bunch of morons
    Ah...Tim Donoghy is in jail for like 20 years because of it. Get your head out of your butthole. It's a fact of life. Our only defense is to rant in places like this.

that vid is from game 6

true. this isn't the game i was speaking of. This call was just the cherry on top.

that vid is from game 6

Oops, I thought he was talking about game 6. Read too fast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
    Don't forget this.

Probably the most horrible call I've ever seen, but it didn't have a huge significance. The Knicks didn't win the title, and I can't imagine the Bulls beating the Rockets that year.