Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm done with the ISH GOAT List 2016 Edition

The list I compiled is invalidated now, by my own admission. I wasn't up to the task, and I apologize to ISH. I had hoped a more capable poster would start the list but that didn't happen so I eventually did. If someone else wishes to start the project again, go for it.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Re: I'm done with the ISH GOAT List 2016 Edition

Allen Iverson.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Allen Iverson.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    While I applaud your efforts...tallying votes from a forum full of idiots, and most with zero knowledge of anything before 2012...was probably a waste of time.

Incidently, you are one of the very few quality posters on this site.

We could run this poll on any other site and none would have Wilt in the Top 5

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    While I applaud your efforts...tallying votes from a forum full of idiots, and most with zero knowledge of anything before 2012...was probably a waste of time.

Incidently, you are one of the very few quality posters on this site.

Yeah, Wilt's also the only player who has 2-3,000 words explaining his shortcomings; also the only player who is allowed the "scoring role/era, defensive/playmaker era," etc.

You act all high and mighty, but you'd never even consider Bron's 2011 Finals (a choke btw) a "playmaker/facilitator series from him, but apparently, Wilt at 32 years old is excused for averaging 12 ppg in the Finals.

While Wilt is unfairly critiqued, I've never seen so many excuses/explanations/agendas to explain his often mediocre performances (to his standards). Wilt posters are often intelligent, but don't act like your 3,000 word essays explaining/excusing his actual chokes are anything other than verbose standom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Yet the ISH vote just put Wilt at 5

Interesting that ESPN's night janitors recently voted Wilt behind KAJ in their list...and yet ESPN's Sports Century from 1999, had Wilt ranked ahead of him (in fact, he was 5th behind MJ, Wilt, Magic, and Russell.)

https://espn.go.com/sportscentury/athletes.html

Evidently KAJ must have come out of retirement since then...

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    Yeah, Wilt's also the only player who has 2-3,000 words explaining his shortcomings; also the only player who is allowed the "scoring role/era, defensive/playmaker era," etc.

You act all high and mighty, but you'd never even consider Bron's 2011 Finals (a choke btw) a "playmaker/facilitator series from him, but apparently, Wilt at 32 years old is excused for averaging 12 ppg in the Finals.

While Wilt is unfairly critiqued, I've never seen so many excuses/explanations/agendas to explain his often mediocre performances (to his standards). Wilt posters are often intelligent, but don't act like your 3,000 word essays explaining/excusing his actual chokes are anything other than verbose standom.
    Lazarus's facts are nessicary, because 99% of us Weren't even alive when Wilt played his last game. You really have to dig to find the truth. It's not like Lebron who's entire career can be found on youtube.

That's because he's not a top 3 goat. So he's not judged at the same level

I just care about the top 3. It's Jordan jabbar and James.
    Nothing else after that matters. Peasants like Ilt are atleast a tier below

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big164
    Lazarus's facts are nessicary, because 99% of us Weren't even alive when Wilt played his last game. You really have to dig to find the truth. It's not like Lebron who's entire career can be found on youtube.
    Just apply the same level of scrutiny and standards is all I ask. You will clown Lebron for 2011 (rightfully so), and justify 69 Wilt to the death. I don't respect that if you play it off as anything other than stannery.

Just apply the same level of scrutiny and standards is all I ask. You will clown Lebron for 2011 (rightfully so), and justify 69 Wilt to the death. I don't respect that if you play it off as anything other than stannery.
    worse. Those Wilt stans say that a 27, 19, 10 triple double is "quitting" by Lebron in 2010 and that 12 ppg with 9 missed free throws in a 2 point game 7 loss is winning basketball by Wilt

"Chokes?"

You realize that Lebron was one shot from Allen, and one shot from Kyrie, away from being "1-7?"

While Wilt was one stolen inbounds pass, and one stolen dribble, by teammates, away from two more rings.

Or "choking" by taking the essentially the same last place roster he inherited two years earlier, to a game seven, two point loss, against a 60-20 Celtics team...and with a 34-27 series.

Or taking a 40-40 team to a game seven, one point loss, against a 62-18 Celtics, and with a 30-31 series.

Or that his TEAM's lost FOUR game seven's to Russell's Dynasty, by a combined margin of NINE points (2, 1, 4, and 2 points.)

Or that when Chamberlain FINALLY had a roster that was the EQUAL of Russell's (healthy and with a HOF coach)...that they annihilated the eight-time defending (and 60-21) Celtics, en route to a dominating world title.

Conversely, MJ won two rings in Finals in which he shot .427 and even .415 from the field.

Bird won a ring in a Finals in which he averaged 15 ppg on a .419 FG%.

KAJ won a ring in a Finals in which he averaged a 13-4- .414 FG% (and with a game seven of 4 points on 2-7 from the field in 29 minutes.)

Kobe won a ring with a game seven of 6-24 shooting.

Are you going to tell me with a straight face that those guys performed better than Chamberlain did in the '65 EDF's (30-31 .555 FG%...with a game seven of 30-32 on an .800 FG%)...losing to a Boston team that would rout the Lakers in the Finals, 4-1?

9 missed free throws in a 2 point game 7 loss.
    12 ppg for the series and has multiple 8 point games in crucial games.
    Jerry West scored a 42 point triple double in game 7 but can't carry the trash.

Hmm