Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Name me a better player with better finishing & handles than Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Iverson.
    I'd agree with this. Kyrie is probably closest to Iverson with his handles and finishing ability. As much as I can't stand the way Iverson played and how overrated he is...he was an amazing finisher around the rim.

Default Re: Name me a better player with better finishing & handles than Kyrie Irving

Nowadays, it's hard to come up with one. Maybe John Wall?

..but Pete Maravich would murder him.

Y'all underrating Tony Parker. Handles weren't flashy but he consistently got to the rim and finished.

Quote Originally Posted by arkain
    Y'all underrating Tony Parker. Handles weren't flashy but he consistently got to the rim and finished.
    Good call on Parker. He was an amazing finisher, routinely among the most efficient guards in the league despite being a below average shooter.

Today, no one.

All time AI is definitely up there, and most likely better.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    He's probably the smoothest finisher around the rim in the league. His touch off the backboard is unbelievable. If he ever learns how to pass, watch out.
    That's my fav. from him.

Just high enough arc out of the shot blockers reach, off high glass and in the hoop for 2

For PG's or guards 6'3 and under, he could be the best ever at it. He's bigger than guys like AI and Isiah, so he can be more physical while finishing. Can't really name a PG who has a better blend of handles and finishing. Every guy that is close, Kyrie will have some sort of edge on them.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For PG's or guards 6'3 and under, he could be the best ever at it. He's bigger than guys like AI and Isiah, so he can be more physical while finishing. Can't really name a PG who has a better blend of handles and finishing. Every guy that is close, Kyrie will have some sort of edge on them.
    The most underrated aspect of Kyrie is his strength. I've seen him physically dominate other guards and even some big guys around the basket. He's very sneaky with his shoulders.

That's why he would just relentlessly attack Golden State any time he saw Curry in front of him. He knew that he could create separation any time and anywhere he wanted unless they came with quick help.

In the last three games, you saw very little of Curry defending Kyrie, but Irving was even overpowering Klay Thompson a lot of times.

For small guards , Tony P. for sure . A %65 career finisher at the rim and his peak was %70 . Totally amazing .

Made that high school varsity squad Solidape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyu909SyWsY

Top 10 list

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    The most underrated aspect of Kyrie is his strength. I've seen him physically dominate other guards and even some big guys around the basket. He's very sneaky with his shoulders.

That's why he would just relentlessly attack Golden State any time he saw Curry in front of him. He knew that he could create separation any time and anywhere he wanted unless they came with quick help.

In the last three games, you saw very little of Curry defending Kyrie, but Irving was even overpowering Klay Thompson a lot of times.
    Agreed.

That gif doesnt show it, but Kyrie is very strong in the under body. If you watch closely he was at times pushing even Draymond out of the way.

Also if you watch his defense he would forearm check Curry and Livingston to stop their drives/postups. The refs dont call it since he's so small, but that was a big part of his defensive improvement after game 2.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

For the sake of it, l will go by how you seem to define "dribble" and say Allen Iverson has a case.

But Kyrie is the best combination of Ball handling and finishing and shooting that I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Well said! And to top it off, Kyrie is an elite shooter. When it come to total scoring skillset from ALL AREAS of the floor, he could be the best PG of all time. Steph has the best blend of pure shooting and great handles. Big O was epic with the midrange, slashing, and postups. But Kyrie gives u a great dose of three point shooting, midrange, and slashing to the rack. He's world class in all three catergories.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Kyrie, Kobe, Nash and Rasheed Wallace have the GREATEST left hands iver ever fvckin seen.

Once Kyrie gets his shoulder pass you, its a wrap.
    You haven't seen Wall play then. Rose is after Wall. Rose is the only one you seen putting left handed reverse spins on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Good call on Parker. He was an amazing finisher, routinely among the most efficient players in the league despite being a below average shooter.
    Fixed.