Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Am I nuts for saying Kyrie Irving is a better player than Rajon Rondo at this point?

Would I be crazy if I were to say Kyrie Irving right now is currently better than Rajon Rondo right now? For starters, I thought that Irving was much more deserving to go to the all-star game than Rondo this season. I knew Irving would miss it though since it's nearly impossible for rookies to get in and I knew Rondo would miss it just because of his injuries and because he hasn't been that good this season.

Anyways, thoughts on this comparison?

Default Re: Am I nuts for saying Kyrie Irving is a better player than Rajon Rondo at this point?

Rondo has been struggling since returning to the line-up. His aggressiveness is 50/50, and that's the only thing that makes him elite.

He will round into shape.

As far as Kyrie Irving goes, he has as much upside as any guard in the NBA right now. His defense and ability to run a team that isn't sub-.500 is still a question mark, of course.

Default Re: Am I nuts for saying Kyrie Irving is a better player than Rajon Rondo at this point?

Rondo can run an offense better and is a much better defender. Kyrie has a great scoring skillset for a rookie though, been really impressed.

Certified ISHiot.

Irving certainly would've helped the Celtics down the stretch of tonight's game more than Rondo did. Just saying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Rondo has been struggling since returning to the line-up. His aggressiveness is 50/50, and that's the only thing that makes him elite.

He will round into shape.

As far as Kyrie Irving goes, he has as much upside as any guard in the NBA right now. His defense and ability to run a team that isn't sub-.500 is still a question mark, of course.
    Honestly in my opinion Rondo has never been the same after the '09-'10 season. I remember Rondo was flat out beasting in the 2010 playoffs but he has never played close to that level since. I don't think Rondo is an effective defender anymore now a days either. I don't think he was a good defender last season and I don't think he is a good defender this season either at all. I would take '09-'10 and even '08-'09 Rondo over current Irving but I have a hard time taking current Rondo over current Irving though.

NBA rookie of the year

Rondo really needs to learn to shoot. It's ridiculous the room they give him. Defenses treat him like a center out beyond the freethrow line.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Honestly in my opinion Rondo has never been the same after the '09-'10 season. I remember Rondo was flat out beasting in the 2010 playoffs but he has never played close to that level since. I don't think Rondo is an effective defender anymore now a days either. I don't think he was a good defender last season and I don't think he is a good defender this season either at all. I would take '09-'10 and even '08-'09 Rondo over current Irving but I have a hard time taking current Rondo over current Irving though.

Yea cause he wasn't dropping 30 point games and 20 assist games on the Knicks in the playoffs last year right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Yea cause he wasn't dropping 30 point games and 20 assist games on the Knicks in the playoffs last year right?
    You provide no point.

im sure you would do the same with toney douglas covering you

now lets see rondo try that on the dragon

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    You provide no point.
    are you daft? You said something factually incorrect and i proved you wrong period.

Banned

are you daft? You said something factually incorrect and i proved you wrong period.
    Dropping 30 and dishing 20 dimes is not beasting against the D'Antoni's Knicks. It's simply just playing average. Now if he did that against the Heat last season in the post-season then I would be impressed and I would call that beasting.

Don't mind him, he's a pedo clown. Best to think of a failed standup act when reading his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Don't mind him, he's a pedo clown.
    Yea i shouldn't have even responded to this troll

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12[B
    ]Dropping 30 and dishing 20 dimes is not beasting [/B]against the D'Antoni's Knicks. It's simply just playing average. Now if he did that against the Heat last season in the post-season then I would be impressed and I would call that beasting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Well I was being facetious but seriously, players look forward to playing against D'Antoni's Knicks and teams because they know they can pad their stats against them. His teams never have and never will play defense and they certainly as heck didn't play defense last season especially with their weak personnel. They improved defensively this season because of the addition of Tyson Chandler.