Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Default Re: Would anyone still take Oden over Bynum?

Why wasn't Bynum owning Oden last time they played then? Lol....Yeah so much better. Oden gets critiqued on things that everyone know damn well he'll improve on. His footwork is getting way better, he isn't getting stripped. He is fouling less and less.

It's not like anyone can say, "he doesn't have the strength, he doesn't have the mind, he doesn't have the work ethic." He's working hard everyday, and your doubt is only going to make you look dumber as he rises to the top.

Talking like he's 21 and at his prime...lolololol

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Why wasn't Bynum owning Oden last time they played then? Lol....Yeah so much better. Oden gets critiqued on things that everyone know damn well he'll improve on. His footwork is getting way better, he isn't getting stripped. He is fouling less and less.

It's not like anyone can say, "he doesn't have the strength, he doesn't have the mind, he doesn't have the work ethic." He's working hard everyday, and your doubt is only going to make you look dumber as he rises to the top.

Talking like he's 21 and at his prime...lolololol
    Because Bynum wasn't owning anyone up until 3 weeks ago?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    As far as the college thing, Bynum was in the NBA while Oden was in college...are you saying that college is tougher and better at developing players than the NBA?
    In college Oden had a chance to be the featured player and to get a lot of touches and guaranteed minutes while developing his game against tougher players than highschool. Bynum jumped right into the NBA and had to develop in the NBA while fighting for minutes and getting minimal shot attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Jarrett Jack is better than Bayless right now. Guess Portland made a mistake right there.
    Jack is 5 years older than Bayless. Bynum is 3 months older than Oden. That's not exactly the same.

Banned

btt

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    I made a thread like a month or 2 ago about how I'd take Bynum easily over Oden and many people acted like that was crazy. Now Bynum is averaging 12.5 ppg, 10.1 rpg, 2.1 bpg, 1.6 apg on .625 FG% in just 29.0 mpg. Bynum is just 3 months older and he is 2 inches taller not to mention he will have 3 years of nba experience and 3 years of training with Kareem under his belt before Oden even plays an NBA game despite Bynum being the same age.
    who's Oden? haven't see him play yet! I'll take bynum for that

Quote Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
    This is just my opinion, but I think Oden will have a injury career..I'll take Bynum over Oden
    bingo

College superstar

Bynum is starting to hit his stride. He actually seems okay that he's not getting many touches offensively. He has by far been the best defensive player for the Lakers and we can attribute the Lakers current success to Bynum's defense.

Also, Bynum has been playing for quite a while on a knee that's not quite healthy. From last year before the playoffs, his knee has been hurting until recently. He still plays, though not as effectively as he could.

I think given Bynum on his best day versus Oden on his best day, it would be a very close match up. However, Bynum has shown that he's more durable than Oden by a significant enough margin that I would take Bynum over Oden.

Both on knees that are not fully healthy, I would take Bynum as well. He's longer and needs to jump less. He's also got more mass so he's harder to move and get good positioning on.

WOW who dug this up?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    WOW who dug this up?
    a scientist. they're pretty good at digging stuff up.