Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

Parsons was not exactly caught off guard when he learned the Rockets had chosen not to match the Mavericks' offer sheet.

"I'm not surprised," Parsons said. "That's up to them. At the end of the day it's a business. They have to do what's best for their future moving forward. It's out of my control. That was on them."

"I viewed myself as an up and coming star in this league," Parsons said. "They were the ones that made the offer and look at me like a franchise-max player. That's what I wanted. I want to be a priority.

"I want a bigger role. (Mavericks owner) Mark Cuban and Coach (Rick) Carlisle made that clear to me, that's how they view me and that's what I'll be in Dallas. I couldn't be more excited for the opportunity."

And Parsons will be earning the kind of money that goes with being a star in the NBA.

"I've worked for this," Parsons said. "Nothing's been ever given to me. People always doubted me. That didn't come easy. There were a lot of ups and downs.

"Just tried to continue to prove people wrong. It's just a great feeling."
    Interesting.

Default Re: Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

Mavs overpaid and Chandler is a borderline All-Star player. Maybe he works his way up to a legitimate All-star talent

But the Mavs had to overpay to add some real talent to the team. Chandler is probably worth around 10-12 million and they signed him to 15 million. The extra 3-5 million would have been enough to keep a player like Vince Carter, therefore, I don't think the deal is that bad and the fact it is only 2 years with a player option makes it better.

Mavs did well, sure he isn't D-Will or Melo but he can be a legitimate number 2.

Default Re: Chandler Parsons: Cuban and Carlisle see me as a superstar, max-level player.

$15mil too much these teams are overpaying everyone again. Stupid. Houston was wise to save money wit Ariza

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    $15mil too much these teams are overpaying everyone again. Stupid. Houston was wise to save money wit Ariza
    I would rather overpay on Chandler's potential @ 15 million then sign a player like Ariza @ $8 mill/year or Deng @ $10mill/year.

Mavs had to overpay to sign parsons in order for Houston not to match.

NBA All-star

I haven't watched the guy play at all.
    But knowing the type of player he's played with, the stats he put up as well as the roster he will be on.

I think he could be a decent passer in the open court, as well as someone who can make the weak side passes with vision and ease.

at his height, if he could develope something like a set shot, a really fast release or something similar to Tim Duncan's bank shot while opponents are anticipating the pass.

He could really trouble the opponents defense as well as annoy his defender. Especially while Dirk is still slowly aging out of his prime.

I think Hayward has a style more similar to Harden now I think about it.

Another up and coming player who I haven't really watched at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer

Mavs did well, sure he isn't D-Will or Melo but he can be a legitimate number 2.
    He's better than DWill though.

I would rather overpay on Chandler's potential @ 15 million then sign a player like Ariza @ $8 mill/year or Deng @ $10mill/year.

Yeah y'all did and that sucks. At least it's only 3 years, wonder if the 3rd year has an option or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I haven't watched the guy play at all.
    But knowing the type of player he's played with, the stats he put up as well as the roster he will be on.

I think he could be a decent passer in the open court, as well as someone who can make the weak side passes with vision and ease.

at his height, if he could develope something like a set shot, a really fast release or something similar to Tim Duncan's bank shot while opponents are anticipating the pass.

He could really trouble the opponents defense as well as annoy his defender. Especially while Dirk is still slowly aging out of his prime.

I think Hayward has a style more similar to Harden now I think about it.

Another up and coming player who I haven't really watched at all.

I like him. I think he can be an all-star, on the level of a Detlef Schrempf, but not a superstar.

Parsons is about to be 26. How much potential could he have?

Yeah y'all did and that sucks. At least it's only 3 years, wonder if the 3rd year has an option or nah?
    Player option IIRC.

Gordan Hayward got 4 years/63 million.

It's only a 3 year deal and the Mavs have struck out on the marquee FAs, and considering Dirk will sign a cap friendly deal at around 10 million or so, I think it was a good move.

mavs should still have enough to go after a big name free agent next year as well especially if Ellis opts out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Parsons is about to be 26. How much potential could he have?
    Who knows. His role will increased on the Mavs and we will find out what kind of player he is.

Player option IIRC.

Gordan Hayward got 4 years/63 million.

It's only a 3 year deal and the Mavs have struck out on the marquee FAs, and considering Dirk will sign a cap friendly deal at around 10 million or so, I think it was a good move.

mavs should still have enough to go after a big name free agent next year as well especially if Ellis opts out.
    Gotcha.

I don't think Gordon deserved that either. White Iggy. But I get why teams overpay. It just sucks is all. Parsons 3 year with a player option is better than Gordon's. So essentially you'll have parsons for 2 years guaranteed barring any trade which I doubt will happen but who knows. Hopefully he performs.

This contract is a perfect example of why we have lockouts. He is a good player, but he is not worth max money, how ridiculous.

Gotcha.

I don't think Gordon deserved that either. White Iggy. But I get why teams overpay. It just sucks is all. Parsons 3 year with a player option is better than Gordon's. So essentially you'll have parsons for 2 years guaranteed barring any trade which I doubt will happen but who knows. Hopefully he performs.
    Ye agreed man. Gordon didn't deserve that much either but considering the Jazz are a small market team, they weren't going to let him go.

Players like Josh Smith and Iggy got 12+ last year. Chandler at 15 million on a 3 year deal isn't that bad.